Season tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Anteros
When will they be announced? Surely there will be a price increase?
Robin
This coming week I heard, yes bound to be an increase and only fair given it will be league one and the club will be desperate for the money having had no fans for over a year.
bigdavejambo
Robin wrote:This coming week I heard, yes bound to be an increase and only fair given it will be league one and the club will be desperate for the money having had no fans for over a year.
the problem the club have with an increase is the risk of pricing out fans who are struggling and could have lost jobs which may mean a season ticket is now a luxury they cant afford. Going to be a difficult summer for all clubs when it comes to pushing season tickets.
horlickfanclub
I would hold season ticket prices but introduce mini or half season tickets while raising the match day price a little.
I would also not pay agents fees. Never understood why this does not come from players.
Si Robin
Robin wrote:This coming week I heard, yes bound to be an increase and only fair given it will be league one and the club will be desperate for the money having had no fans for over a year.
I suspect you're right, and I have to admit that will seem like a bit of a kick in the teeth to those of us who didn't take a refund this past season.

Some can quite easily afford to give up £400+, however I suspect that the vast majority of us did so because of our love for the club and without really considering the impact on our pockets going forward.

So far, the gratitude from the club has been season ticket holder's names being put on a shirt that they then have to fork out for again. To put up ticket prices would really stink in my view, regardless of the fact it'll be in League One.
andgarod
dont ST holders get iFollow free for home games

If you are a ST holder standing then 23x £10 =£230 cost of ticket depending when bought £255 or £281 and then less if you are a senior or student etc

How much would we expect it to increase because we are going up a league 10% perhaps
So the early bird offer for ST renewal should be less but normal early birds should be what you would expect plus 3%
But part ST means that if we are doing badly people dont pick up the second part but pile in if we are doing well

The type of ticket for 3 or 5 matches would be a better option or 3 matches like Oxford Shrewsbury and Gillingham for price of 2.7 games
Similarly bank holiday matches so week before christmas plus Boxing day/New year plus 2nd match in new year

Lets hope we have some runs of fixtures where we can package games
Hubert Parry
I wonder if there is scope to be a little creative. Perhaps create a "base" price which is the current cost of a season ticket in each of the stands and then offer little extras for those who may be in a lucky position to pay more. A bit like how patreon subscriptions work, etc.

Base price + £50 - your name in the programme
Base price + £100 - your name in the programme and a squad signed shirt.
Base price + £150 - the above and tickets to a 'meet the players' evening.

These are boring ideas but you get the idea.
Robin
horlickfanclub wrote:I would hold season ticket prices but introduce mini or half season tickets while raising the match day price a little.
I would also not pay agents fees. Never understood why this does not come from players.
Nice of you to take the moral high ground on agents but whilst I agree with you in principle if we don't do it then we are left behind as players go elsewhere.
horlickfanclub
Never followed lemmings over cliffs Robin.
Hubert Parry
Agents fees are part of the modern game. Robin is right and it's very easy to take the moral high ground when it's not you making the decision.
Red Duke
I assume why clubs pay agents directly is simply to avoid VAT on the transaction.
horlickfanclub
What i don't understand is if the agent works for the player why is he paid by the club? It does not happen it other occupations does it? I am not taking any "moral high ground". Seems football has involved its own culture.Maybe that is why it gets the characters involved that people are now complaining about.

If somebody can politely explain why this system evolved I would appreciate it.
asl
IT recruitment agencies ostensibly work for the people they place - but they're ultimately paid by the company that hires them. Football agents seem to follow the same model.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:IT recruitment agencies ostensibly work for the people they place - but they're ultimately paid by the company that hires them. Football agents seem to follow the same model.
Indeed.

If two clubs want the same player, and the player doesn’t care which, then the agent chooses based on who pays the highest agent fee.
horlickfanclub
So the club signs and indecisive player so his mate can makea few quid. Not a great business model and maybe why football finances are in a state.
Shade
It's not exactly the same, but letting agents aren't allowed to charge tenants a fee - they have to charge the landlord only. In this case, if the player is the landlord (instructs the agent) and the club is the tenant (wants the product), I don't understand why there aren't similar laws. Oh yes, because all football clubs are much better off...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:So the club signs and indecisive player so his mate can makea few quid. Not a great business model and maybe why football finances are in a state.
Players are in demand..if we are the only team after them then that is probably a bad sign.

Think about Boulding, Rooney, Grimes and all the other signings which fell through late on. That’s likely to be because agents got a better deal elsewhere.

I agree with you that it stinks and the game suffers for it.
horlickfanclub
Spot on Regency and I think we dodged a bullet with a few of those and maybe Rowe.
bigdavejambo
any news yet?
paperboy
One strategy the club could employ is to freeze prices for existing ST holders as a show of appreciation to them, but raise prices for new customers next season.
Won't please everyone ,but I doubt they will achieve that anyway.
Robin
bigdavejambo wrote:any news yet?
John Murphy said at the weekend it's hard to plan season tickets because the clubs don't know yet what restrictions will be in place next season.
Andy
paperboy wrote:One strategy the club could employ is to freeze prices for existing ST holders as a show of appreciation to them, but raise prices for new customers next season.
Won't please everyone ,but I doubt they will achieve that anyway.
I like the above idea - existing ST holders / those that didnt ask for refunds - price remains.

Small increase elsewhere / intro of 5, 10, 15 game tickets.

Increase in match on-the-day prices.

Introduction of a match + snack/meal + drink ticket (purchased in advance) - includes burger/veggie meal from outlet and drink (either soft or pint from bar).

Sort something out now regarding payment schemes for season tickets - bring back a 6/10 monthly payment option - they have had all year to talk to a provider so has anything been done/arranged..
Shade
Trouble with the 5/10/15 game tickets is that if we have a c!#p season the people who buy them won't be buying more later in the season. Some people would look at it like we are making extra money from those people buying 5/10/15 game tickets that normally wouldn't buy season tickets or just turn up and pay on the day every now and then, BUT there may be people that buy them instead of ST's and see how the season goes, and therefore the club loses money.