Elliot Bonds

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
Has he kicked a ball in anger yet,if not why not? We have just given him a decent length contract and he was injured most of last season. If we are having to wrap him up in cotton wool,that is a little concerning.
everyman
little mo wrote:Has he kicked a ball in anger yet,if not why not? We have just given him a decent length contract and he was injured most of last season. If we are having to wrap him up in cotton wool,that is a little concerning.
It`s certainly worrying,just another negative coming out of the club ? The board have to come up with some good news before the whole thing implodes this is becoming a constant theme !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fans going back to grounds, in league one, great manager, new full time staff in coaching and commercial, a united squad, etc etc…. yeah, loads to be negative about…if you are a negative moaning grump.

I just cannot wait for the season to start and am excited to be back at football watching a squad in person that we have only come to know so well digitally.
Hubert Parry
Negativity is optional.

This is arguably the best position we have ever been in as a club. We are far better equipped to survive in L1 now than we were in 2002 and 2006.

Having fans come back could be a hindrance as far as we are concerned. It doesn't seem to take very much for vocal pockets of our fanbase to have a meltdown and we have been accustomed to a lot of success over the past couple of years.
little mo
Feck me,i only asked a reasonable question about the fitness of one player.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote:Feck me,i only asked a reasonable question about the fitness of one player.
A perfectly valid question which someone reacted to by talking about the whole thing imploding…bizarre.

I am not too concerned yet by Bonds. He was very good for us before his injury and I think he will be an important player this season.

In my view it is better he is not rushed back or put at risk in a friendly which could cause more harm. Being fit for as many league games as possible is the most important thing, and if that means missing training sessions against non-league sides or Championship reserves then so be it!
little mo
Also,Duffo did say in his last interview that a decision would be made on Abraham on Thursday. Any news JP?