Parklands

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

itsallbollox
Great news, thanks to both parties on resolving this.
Shade
Seem to remember a similar outcome last time, with it going to be closed until a day or two before the next game and then something was sorted out :P Assume this is an end to the problem this time, though.
Andy
Dave Beesley wrote:The Colin Farmer Stand will be fully open and accessible this weekend, after successful outcome to negotiations between both parties

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2021/august/n ... parklands/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excellent news - well done all concerned for getting it sorted.
Si Robin
The boycott worked!!! :roll:
Malabus
Correct me if wrong. Trespass is a civil matter and not a criminal. Parklands can’t do nothing, unless seen as aggravated.
Si Robin
It is a civil matter - but an offence occurs if the trespass is intentional. Anyone using Parklands' land to enter the ground would be doing so intentionally and this leaves them open to be sued. Also, Parklands can obtain injunctions.

Ultimately, it's just bad order and would put the club in a poor light if they advised people to trespass regardless.

Fortunately, the matter is now resolved.
Malabus
Si Robin wrote:It is a civil matter - but an offence occurs if the trespass is intentional. Anyone using Parklands' land to enter the ground would be doing so intentionally and this leaves them open to be sued. Also, Parklands can obtain injunctions.

Ultimately, it's just bad order and would put the club in a poor light if they advised people to trespass regardless.

Fortunately, the matter is now resolved.
True.
horlickfanclub
Great news. Common sense all round. Regarding trespass-I think it is the landowner who would have to take action not someone who holds a lease. Water under the bridge now(or under Wymans Brook). I can stop tunneling immediately.
Hubert Parry
It is actually the reverse! It is the person in possession of the land who would have an actionable claim for trespass.

Trespass is usually a civil offence but it can stray into criminality if it is combined with some other offence, like criminal damage.

This is all counterfactual thankfully, but I suspect the best way for Parklands to prevent a trespass would be to lock the gates to the car park, which it would be entitled to do unless that would interfere with any rights (e.g. rights of way etc.).

A claim in trespass might have been difficult in this case, mainly due to identifying the defendants to such an action.
Andy
I know it doesnt matter but would it have still been trespass if you have parked there (paying them so therefore there is permission) and then just used that gate to leave the land and enter the land again later to collect your car you have parked there...
Hubert Parry
Depends whether you have permission to use the land in that way.
Andy
Hubert Parry wrote:Depends whether you have permission to use the land in that way.
Having paid for parking :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Will the WR turnstiles be open for those of us who do not want to traipse all the way round to Parklands?
Ben version 4:0
This is great news and smacks of common sense, and good personal skills, on both sides. Always better to talk to each other than posture in the press.

Over the season, allowing the CF stand to be split for home/away fans will be useful. I guess 10 teams will over sell their allocation for the Whaddon road end. Plus cup games etc

Well done everyone!
Andy
Just to let people know that even though the CF stand entrances will be open as normal now with the Parklands-Gate scandal now sorted :), pre-purchased ticket collections will still be from the portacabin in the main car park for the games on Saturday and Tuesday.
Malabus
Just to rekindle the topic of trespass.

If the land is public assisble and there is no signage like 'Private Property' or 'No Trespass' then the public by law can use that land to get to A to B.

Is that correct?
Hubert Parry
Generally, signage makes no difference - the land is either private or it is not. Whether the public can 'use' the land depends on its status, whether there are any public rights of way and any licences.

You should of course obtain proper legal advice rather than rely on someone on a football forum!
Malabus
Hubert Parry wrote:Generally, signage makes no difference - the land is either private or it is not. Whether the public can 'use' the land depends on its status, whether there are any public rights of way and any licences.

You should of course obtain proper legal advice rather than rely on someone on a football forum!
Of course...I knew you were into the law profession and hoping you would answer the query.

I have seen a number of YouTube videos on this topic and sometimes the real truth isn't shown.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:Generally, signage makes no difference - the land is either private or it is not. Whether the public can 'use' the land depends on its status, whether there are any public rights of way and any licences.

Of course...I knew you were into the law profession and hoping you would answer the query.

I have seen a number of YouTube videos on this topic and sometimes the real truth isn't shown.
Didn’t know David Icke ventured on to the topic of tresspass.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:

Didn’t know David Icke ventured on to the topic of tresspass.
:D
Fuller
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... wn-5791503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ambitious suggestion but one which would benefit the Club, Council and Parklands with a new shared venue.

1. The Council own the land for the Club and Parklands. So, demolish Parklands and the houses built as part of the original CF.

2. Expand backwards and upwards the CF concourse with more facilities for fans (sports bar, ST holders restaurant and bar etc) AND a space (a few rooms and offices etc) which becomes the new Parklands club.

The current Parklands building must cost a bomb to run in terms of energy efficiency (I shudder thinking about their boilers and insulation) and maintenance (flat roof puddles etc). A new premises integrated into the CF stand will be much much better for them.
Andy
Unfortunately RCS - expanding backwards and upwards would likely result in also forcing some Wymans Road residents out of their houses too so a bit unfair on them.

If you look at the overhead on google maps, there isnt a lot of the CF that could come backwards.
Robin
Yes there is also a brook which runs behind that is prohibitive as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Yes there is also a brook which runs behind that is prohibitive as well.
Not behind the CF.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:Unfortunately RCS - expanding backwards and upwards would likely result in also forcing some Wymans Road residents out of their houses too so a bit unfair on them.

If you look at the overhead on google maps, there isnt a lot of the CF that could come backwards.
Fair enough if considered too unfair.

If they are Council owned properties they could a) wait for people to move out or die etc and not put new tenants in, or b) give a hefty incentive to move to a nearby similar home and see if people agree and don’t push it further if they don’t want to.