CTFC Vs Derby County

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
On face value asking Block 1 to move to PRE sounds good.

Several practical concerns, however:

- Have they paid for seating season tickets? If so will the club refund them to move to standing?

- I know Block 1 like to sing, but they are also some of the most loyal fans who like to watch the game. Asking them to move to a part of the ground where they can’t see the action for the biggest games is a bit harsh. “Thanks for the support, your reward is not being able to see the action in the most anticipated games of the season”.

- If Block 1 arrive at the PRE and other fans are already there covering much of the space will Block 1 have authority to ask people to move to make room for them? Otherwise they won't be grouped together which defeats the point. And if other fans have gone in at 1:30 or 2pm to get one of the few spots worth standing one can't expect them to move for Block 1.

- Acoustics in PRE are awful so even if Block 1 are in there most of the ground will only be able to hear the away fans, when we really need Block 1 to be audible and competing with the away fans.
Si Robin
Ihearye wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 11:21
Si Robin wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 11:02 The reason they moved to Block 1 from Block 7 was because they had to be moved for big games.
But that does not address the valid suggestion of moving thoae in block 1 back to the standing for games were seating is sold out. Thus as the poster says, frees up block 1 for general sale.
It addresses it perfectly. Those in Block 1 were originally in Block 7, they got frustrated at being moved whenever there was a big game so came up with a compromise with the club to move to Block 1.

The vast majority in block 1 have bought season tickets, paying Colin Farmer prices - why should they be asked to move? Why not ask those in Block 2, or Block 3?

It's a shite suggestion.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 11:59 On face value asking Block 1 to move to PRE sounds good.

- Have they paid for seating season tickets? If so will the club refund them to move to standing?

- I know Block 1 like to sing, but they are also some of the most loyal fans who like to watch the game. Asking them to move to a part of the ground where they can’t see the action for the biggest games is a bit harsh. “Thanks for the support, your reward is not being able to see the action in the most anticipated games of the season”.

- If Block 1 arrive at the PRE and other fans are already there covering much of the space will Block 1 have authority to ask people to move to make room for them? Otherwise they won't be grouped together which defeats the point. And if other fans have gone in at 1:30 or 2pm to get one of the few spots worth standing one can't expect them to move for Block 1.

- Acoustics in PRE are awful so even if Block 1 are in there most of the ground will only be able to hear the away fans, when we really need Block 1 to be audible and competing with the away fans.
All fair points. Season ticket cost in the CF being another.

It would absolutely have to be a consensual. Not forced on them by the club. Anything else would be a non-starter, of course.
Ihearye
When I read the suggestion, I thought the pertinent section was "could the club come to an arrangement with 1887RedArmy and Block 1 to move into the PRE? "

But it would seem the spokesman for block 1 has spoken. I never see a problem with exploring ideas and opening dialogue
Anteros
Why not put a temporary seating stand inbetween the main stand and the hazelwoods? Where the canteen and police tower is. Similar to the one at Bristol rovers
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anteros wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 15:16 Why not put a temporary seating stand inbetween the main stand and the hazelwoods? Where the canteen and police tower is. Similar to the one at Bristol rovers
Must be feasible. We could use that for small away crowds (Morecambe etc) and give Hazlewoods to home fans, then give Hazlewoods and the temporary stand to big away crowds. Means home fans get all of the Colin Farmer for the big games.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 14:14
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 11:59 On face value asking Block 1 to move to PRE sounds good.

All fair points. Season ticket cost in the CF being another.

It would absolutely have to be a consensual. Not forced on them by the club. Anything else would be a non-starter, of course.
Completely. Conversation the only way to address the types or concerns I suggested as well as any Block 1 might have. And it’s worth having the conversation to find out.
London Exile
Anteros wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 15:16 Why not put a temporary seating stand inbetween the main stand and the hazelwoods? Where the canteen and police tower is. Similar to the one at Bristol rovers
With companies like Stadium solutions they could add some raised ‘bolt on’ seating areas either side of the main stand. They built that raised away seated area at FGR and the stands at Accrington, Harrogate and Sutton.
They could also give us a better PRE terrace.

Cost and willingness to do something are the hurdles
Fuller
I wonder if the hierarchy have looked into this? You’d like to think so.

Another thing. When we get a decent crowd and the away fans get a chunk of the CF, the adequacy of the facilities for the toilets and food and drink is woeful. If we are going to move forward as a club all these things need to be sorted. Can’t even get any hot water to wash your hands in the CF. It’s p@ss poor.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fuller wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 17:38
I wonder if the hierarchy have looked into this? You’d like to think so.

Another thing. When we get a decent crowd and the away fans get a chunk of the CF, the adequacy of the facilities for the toilets and food and drink is woeful. If we are going to move forward as a club all these things need to be sorted. Can’t even get any hot water to wash your hands in the CF. It’s p@ss poor.
That’s if you can even get in the toilet in the first place with the queues.
Robin
It's the same behind the goal, any big game and the queues are ridiculously long for beers or food. Why not prepare drinks or hire an extra person for these games?
Si Robin
To be fair, the beer queue in the Colin Farmer was not bad at all yesterday. They had poured a lot of drinks in anticipation and, whisper it, they started serving just before the half-time whistle went.

The only downside for them (and not my uncle) was that they'd poured too many of one particular drink, so in the last 5 mins of half-time they were giving away free pints.

The food and toilet queue however...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 19:37 To be fair, the beer queue in the Colin Farmer was not bad at all yesterday. They had poured a lot of drinks in anticipation and, whisper it, they started serving just before the half-time whistle went.

The only downside for them (and not my uncle) was that they'd poured too many of one particular drink, so in the last 5 mins of half-time they were giving away free pints.

The food and toilet queue however...
The stand is designed to have two toilets and two kiosks for 2,000 people. So when the shutters are down and 1,500 home fans have just one toilet and one kiosk it is chaos.

The way to solve it in my view is to build a new building in the corner of PRE and Colin Farmer, which extends into the Parklands land.

It could be accessed from both stands (with no way between the two of course). Perhaps a big catering facility with a counter and tills either side. Then where the building extends into the Parklands land there can be more toilet facilities for each stand.

The flood light will have to be replaced with a thin one next to the building.

Over time the security tower can move into that building, freeing up space for a temporary stand in the Canteen area. Perhaps another big screen on there.

Build it big enough and Parklands can have a couple of floors to replace their current building which most be horrendous to keep maintained and heated.

If there are multiple floors then perhaps a season ticket holders lounge. This would solve the problem of Colin Farmer season ticket holders currently having to walk all the way round from the main stand to Parklands if they want to use the club bars and lounges pre-match.
Henry The Dog
I normally buy a drink at the kiosk and some food occasionally but after standing there for over 20 mins Boxing Day I didn’t bother yesterday. Don’t blame the staff but having to cook chips with a tiny fryer just backs the queue up, no longer serve burgers but sell pizzas! Just needs a rethink especially on bigger attendances.
Broadway Brian
Henry The Dog wrote:I normally buy a drink at the kiosk and some food occasionally but after standing there for over 20 mins Boxing Day I didn’t bother yesterday. Don’t blame the staff but having to cook chips with a tiny fryer just backs the queue up, no longer serve burgers but sell pizzas! Just needs a rethink especially on bigger attendances.
Henry, why did you have to mention chipgate? It’s my biggest bug-bear of the season. Bigger than Alvechurch or the Charlie Brown conundrum rolled into one.

Watching the poor servers load another batch of chips, knowing full well a basket only seemingly serves 3 portions. It drives me potty.

Get a bigger fryer, buy smaller trays (and price accordingly). Just do something to make the experience a whole load less stressful.

The food is pretty good, the staff seem pretty good on the whole - the process / set-up is utter arse.
Anteros
Broadway Brian wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 21:35
Henry The Dog wrote:I normally buy a drink at the kiosk and some food occasionally but after standing there for over 20 mins Boxing Day I didn’t bother yesterday. Don’t blame the staff but having to cook chips with a tiny fryer just backs the queue up, no longer serve burgers but sell pizzas! Just needs a rethink especially on bigger attendances.
Henry, why did you have to mention chipgate? It’s my biggest bug-bear of the season. Bigger than Alvechurch or the Charlie Brown conundrum rolled into one.

Watching the poor servers load another batch of chips, knowing full well a basket only seemingly serves 3 portions. It drives me potty.

Get a bigger fryer, buy smaller trays (and price accordingly). Just do something to make the experience a whole load less stressful.

The food is pretty good, the staff seem pretty good on the whole - the process / set-up is utter arse.
Disappointing that the stand has been open for 20 years and we continue to have these issues. Maybe this is one of the reasons we don't attract more fans.
London Exile
Wouldn’t it be great if the FED or former FED now a director took up these issues?
longmover
Derby look Championship level, the players never panicked or looked like were going to lose, even if we did equalize (3-3) they would of just gone up the other end and scored.

Not bad for a team that nearly went bust last year eh, if you're a big club you can fiddle the books all you want, there's no punishment.
Dave Beesley
Hi London Exile, Anteros, Broadway Brian and Henry the Dog (et al),

Current FED here.

You aren't the first people to bring these issues to light this weekend. All of the issues I have had highlighted to me so far have been escalated by myself and Jenny (Supporter Liaison Officer) to my colleagues on the board, and the Head of Commercial - who are all taking them seriously. I even escalated some at half time, during the game.

Hopefully we can work with our partners and learn from the issues. I will continue to raise these issues at scheduled board meetings on my fellow fans behalf.

Jenny and I, Jenny especially, are available most match days in the Information Hut adjacent to the Ticket Kiosk in the car park. Usually for an hour or two before kick off.
We can also be contacted via fed@robinstrust.org (me) and slo@ctfc.com (Jenny) on email. Or davebeesley (me) and CheltTownSLO (Jenny) on Twitter - or even via RobinsTrust on Twitter.

We take every fans concerns seriously and raise everything we can with the right people at the club. And my colleagues on the Trust Board work tirelessly to improve the fan experience and engagement. We are your conduit to the club. Please use us directly.

Thanks
London Exile
Dave Beesley wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 17:06 Hi London Exile, Anteros, Broadway Brian and Henry the Dog (et al),

Current FED here.

You aren't the first people to bring these issues to light this weekend. All of the issues I have had highlighted to me so far have been escalated by myself and Jenny (Supporter Liaison Officer) to my colleagues on the board, and the Head of Commercial - who are all taking them seriously. I even escalated some at half time, during the game.

Hopefully we can work with our partners and learn from the issues. I will continue to raise these issues at scheduled board meetings on my fellow fans behalf.

Jenny and I, Jenny especially, are available most match days in the Information Hut adjacent to the Ticket Kiosk in the car park. Usually for an hour or two before kick off.
We can also be contacted via fed@robinstrust.org (me) and slo@ctfc.com (Jenny) on email. Or davebeesley (me) and CheltTownSLO (Jenny) on Twitter - or even via RobinsTrust on Twitter.

We take every fans concerns seriously and raise everything we can with the right people at the club. And my colleagues on the Trust Board work tirelessly to improve the fan experience and engagement. We are your conduit to the club. Please use us directly.

Thanks
Cheers Dave (and Jenny)
Robin
Dave Beesley wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 17:06 Hi London Exile, Anteros, Broadway Brian and Henry the Dog (et al),

Current FED here.

Thanks
Hi Dave, is there any reason why the bar behind the goal cannot open 5 minutes before half time or at least pre pour some drinks? Most games the queues are horrendous.
Ihearye
Robin wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 18:52

Current FED here.

Thanks
Hi Dave, is there any reason why the bar behind the goal cannot open 5 minutes before half time or at least pre pour some drinks? Most games the queues are horrendous.
It looked to me , like the bar in the CF had drinks poured in advance at half time
Dave Beesley
Robin wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 18:52

Current FED here.

Thanks
I did ask my board colleagues about this at half time, as a friend sent me a photo of the closed bars, 5 mins before half time.
It is a Football League regulation that the bars cannot be open while the game is in play.
Not sure why they don't pre-pour however - my best guess would be staffing
Broadway Brian
Dave Beesley wrote:Hi London Exile, Anteros, Broadway Brian and Henry the Dog (et al),

Current FED here.

Thanks
Thanks Dave. Good to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
everyman
Broadway Brian wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 18:27
Malabus wrote:
art vandalay wrote:I tend to agree with Brian. I thought we were just very scrappy, as we have been in almost every game this season, even against Alvechurch, and it simply isn’t good to watch. There was very little reaction from the crowd for most of the game. Quite a contrast to last season when I thought we gave a good account of ourselves in almost every match and I generally came away feeling that I‘d seen a good game of football.

I thought Bonds was absolutely dreadful today, he seems to be sleepwalking through games. Despite gifting the third goal I thought Broom looked our most dangerous player but it was disappointing to see the front two, as usual, picking off scraps.
Bonds has one good game in five. Inconsistent

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
He’s adept at breaking up play and tidying up. When he has time on the ball, I don’t think we see the best Elliott Bonds. He seemed to have a lot of time on the ball today.
He gets caught in possession to often,needs to be more aware of what`s going on around him,i`d also get him man marking in training to improve his tackling.
everyman
I have suggested this before,not seating but a cheaper option being a standing terrace like behind the goal at Evesham which they bought from Glos.city.