People Cruelly Taking Pleasure From FGR Demise...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
You do realise after Saturday 'EL GLOSICO' may never return

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

paperboy
Malabus wrote: 16 Apr 2023, 12:52 You do realise after Saturday 'EL GLOSICO' may never return Image

It would be heartbreaking if it was never to return.
FGR v Cheltenham Saracens in the Hellenic League wouldn't really cut it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote: 16 Apr 2023, 12:52 You do realise after Saturday 'EL GLOSICO' may never return Image

Gloucester vs FGR, National League Premier 2024-2025.
ctfc-fan
Malabus wrote:You do realise after Saturday 'EL GLOSICO' may never return Image

Who cares? I’m glad they’re down, the whole club is an embarrassment and that new white elephant stadium of theirs is just a waste of money and moving them out of their true home. Anyone know if they’re going to remove the star now?!
Robin
FGR is a manufactured rivalry hope they go down again next season and return to their true derby with Glos City in a few years.
Malabus
Robin wrote:FGR is a manufactured rivalry hope they go down again next season and return to their true derby with Glos City in a few years.
That low!

ctfc-fan
Malabus wrote:
Robin wrote:FGR is a manufactured rivalry hope they go down again next season and return to their true derby with Glos City in a few years.
That low!

I’d personally rather Gloucester came up than FGR again. It’s all one big ego driven trip for mr Mince.
Anteros
I don't really get this rivalry. I'm not bitter against them. Small local team punching abover their weight in the conference for years.
I went basic hospitality at there place this season when we played them, everyone was very friendly, although it seemed very non league, even compared to us. I didn't appreciate seeing a palestine flag at on one of there flag poles.... But is that the problem, the owner rather than the club?
Personally I have more of a rivalry with Bristol rovers than FGR.....
CTFC.Harry
Would be nice to play City in the FA Cup one year. Pity they can’t pass the likes of Merthyr and Folkestone in order to even get a chance of drawing us. FGR is such a poor derby and awayday, feel for away fans travelling there without the motivation of a derby.
andgarod
I understand that Danny Wright is leading the community singing :o :o
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anteros wrote: 16 Apr 2023, 18:44 I don't really get this rivalry. I'm not bitter against them. Small local team punching abover their weight in the conference for years.
I went basic hospitality at there place this season when we played them, everyone was very friendly, although it seemed very non league, even compared to us. I didn't appreciate seeing a palestine flag at on one of there flag poles.... But is that the problem, the owner rather than the club?
Personally I have more of a rivalry with Bristol rovers than FGR.....
They tried to confect the rivalry. The words and actions towards CTFC from their owner, players and fans. Pathetic from them really. It’s not a rivalry per se, just nice to see such pathetic people get a comeuppance. No sporting rivalry; just history, class and decency winning out over nouveau riche crass gobshitery.
Ihearye
When you read posts like this from their forum, you realise the true supporters don't deserve the Schadenfreude, which DV etc do.

"I would say if anything we need to ditch these delusions of grandeur, to state that Cheltenham's squad is worse then ours is ridiculous, it clearly isn't. It's just that they've quietly gone about putting together a decent squad without over paying for dross or making grand proclamations that they are heading for the Championship.

Sensibly building up the club whilst humbly acknowledging that we are still a small club with a lot to improve on, and making sure we have experienced knowledgeable people in charge of things like scouting and recruitment (McPhillips looks a good start) is what we need to be doing going forward."
Si Robin
On another forum I frequent their fans are some of the most down to Earth on there. None are really massive fans of Vince, but they know it's unlikely they'd have got to League 1 without him (our very own Chris FGR is on there).

Obviously, OTC used to post on there to stoke up the imaginary rivalry, but I've no issue with FGR themselves.
longmover
DV is the very much the elephant in the room.
Shade
No problem with the vast majority of FGR fans. There is a bit of banter but mostly harmless fun. There are the little oiks looking for trouble on match day and a few delusional ones like OTC...most clubs have those. Vince is most definitely the issue.

It's quite interesting to see on twitter, the number of fans commenting that are happy FGR are going down. Then there are those who are wishing them luck and saying what a great club they are. Every positive comment is from either Everton fans or fans of clubs that haven't faced FGR. Every negative comment is from fans of L1 and L2 clubs, and all seem to have been to FGR and say the ground is a disgrace, shouldn't be in League 1, they treat away fans like cattle, etc.
plymrob
Careful what you say... But I like Whaddon Road as is... and it can clearly deliver a League One team... (I hope...). For me, invest in the team on a par, and build up the support before the ground. I know that scenario rarely exists, but we have bucked the trend for years. Priorities...? A tough one.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
plymrob wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 15:15 Careful what you say... But I like Whaddon Road as is... and it can clearly deliver a League One team... (I hope...). For me, invest in the team on a par, and build up the support before the ground. I know that scenario rarely exists, but we have bucked the trend for years. Priorities...? A tough one.
Yeovil focused on the team not the ground….

Our support has maxed out available seats for s several games….

I do agree with you that we need to build sustainably but I think we are getting as far as we can crowd wise without more seats and better facilities.
Anteros
Shade wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 13:47 No problem with the vast majority of FGR fans. There is a bit of banter but mostly harmless fun. There are the little oiks looking for trouble on match day and a few delusional ones like OTC...most clubs have those. Vince is most definitely the issue.

It's quite interesting to see on twitter, the number of fans commenting that are happy FGR are going down. Then there are those who are wishing them luck and saying what a great club they are. Every positive comment is from either Everton fans or fans of clubs that haven't faced FGR. Every negative comment is from fans of L1 and L2 clubs, and all seem to have been to FGR and say the ground is a disgrace, shouldn't be in League 1, they treat away fans like cattle, etc.
Yes their away facilities are a joke. Give the away fans one of the covered terraces and a couple of hundred seats in the main stand. You can say what you like about our ground but at least the away end has a good view and the acoustics are good.
Shade
Anteros wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 16:34
Shade wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 13:47 No problem with the vast majority of FGR fans. There is a bit of banter but mostly harmless fun. There are the little oiks looking for trouble on match day and a few delusional ones like OTC...most clubs have those. Vince is most definitely the issue.

Yes their away facilities are a joke. Give the away fans one of the covered terraces and a couple of hundred seats in the main stand. You can say what you like about our ground but at least the away end has a good view and the acoustics are good.
Add in one little food/drink kiosk for 1000 people, 4 portaloos for 1000 people, and one half of a gate open to get 1000 people out...how it is football league standard baffles me.
Ihearye
Shade wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 17:34

Add in one little food/drink kiosk for 1000 people, 4 portaloos for 1000 people, and one half of a gate open to get 1000 people out...how it is football league standard baffles me.
if they had one more Portaloo, that would be the same amount of points DF has taken out of a possible 42 :lol: Which would also reflect the kind of football those poor sods have had to watch
paperboy
Ihearye wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 18:09
Shade wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 17:34

if they had one more Portaloo, that would be the same amount of points DF has taken out of a possible 42 :lol: Which would also reflect the kind of football those poor sods have had to watch
Are you indirectly suggesting that they should have urinals rather than stars on their shirts?
Ihearye
Or that they have a 5hite team.

Which I fully expect us not yo turn up for on saturday
longmover
Ihearye wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 04:06 Or that they have a 5hite team.

Which I fully expect us not yo turn up for on saturday
it's going to happen isn't it :roll:
Chris FGR
Our s#!t facilities for away fans is something a number of our fans have raised with the club for quite a while. Reluctantly they have finally done something although initially the supporters club was asked to pay for it. There has been a few minor improvements this season, there is now an away fans ‘zone’ that includes a beer truck, a mobile toilet unit and even a quorn burger van from time to time.

We also have had some seats available to away fans for the last couple of seasons.

I absolutely agree that it is still nowhere near good enough, but I suppose at least it is a minor improvement on the disgraceful offering from 2-3 years ago.
Wellwisher
Surely for so long as they're planning to move to a new ground, FGR aren't going to spend anything more than the absolute minimum they can get away with in Nailsworth?

(Not saying that's acceptable, btw)
Malabus
Wellwisher wrote:Surely for so long as they're planning to move to a new ground, FGR aren't going to spend anything more than the absolute minimum they can get away with in Nailsworth?

(Not saying that's acceptable, btw)
Let's hope their new ground has 0% oil and that includes the vehicles that provide the materials.

Chris FGR
Malabus wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 16:09
Let's hope their new ground has 0% oil and that includes the vehicles that provide the materials.

[/quote]

These don’t look like electric vehicles to me?