Wimbledon match thread

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

robinsrule
In nearly 35 years of watching the Robins, that was one of the worst performances I have ever seen. It was that bad. We made Dons look like peak Barcelona, they could realistically have scored 10 and I don’t think we had a shot until our goal. They terrorised us every time they went forward, we were second to every ball and the midfield was completely non-existent.
Ihearye
When I saw the tram I thought that there were a couple in there who had been given the chance to prove they are not in the last chance saloon. Sounds like they have blown their chance. Particularly pi55ed off with AK, who has looked all season as if he doesn't give a feck. Would happily see him shipped out, at the very least on loan , come January.
robinsrule
I actually thought Keena showed some nice touches when he came on and was one of our only players to show any composure on the ball. The penalty miss obviously won’t do him any good. There was also a move where the ball came into the box and he wasn’t even in the penalty area trying to get on the score sheet. He is obviously suffering a massive crisis of confidence.
Alf
RS1978 wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 17:18 It's almost as if in that game vs. Man City Alfie encapsulated the drive, effort and fighting spirit needed in this league🤔
Good point. We don’t half miss him!
Robin
Where the hell did that performance come from, we seemed to be slowly improving but that scoreline and the comments here suggest a massive regression.
Jerry St Clair
“Sometimes in this League, we’re gonna get slapp…….oh”
Warwickshire Robin
Just home from the game and still shocked at the awfulness of it. Outfought, outmuscled and generally bullied by a mid table League 2 team... absolutely shocking.

DC has to shoulder some blame too for selecting Adshead and starting with his wingbacks on the wrong side. That doesnt excuse the players for their abject showing though.

Only slight glimer of sunshine on an otherwise horrible afternoon was the appearance of Tom Pett who looked very calm and composed on the ball and his introduction lead to our best period of play though that is not not saying much!
Malabus
Embarrassing, that felt truly awful.

Why play the RWB and LWB out of position for the first quarter of the match. Don’t get me started on Adshead.
Fuller
Not sure why Bevan was not on the pitch from the beginning as well.
Too much fiddling about by DC yesterday.
Wonder what sort of team he’ll select for the West Ham game on Tuesday? Perhaps we’ll see a few of the Academy lads? Nothing on the game for us apart from pride and some much needed prize money.
Huge game for the players against Wigan next Saturday at Whaddon Road. Then two weeks without a match.
Jerry St Clair
Fuller wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 08:00 Huge game for the players against Wigan next Saturday at Whaddon Road. Then two weeks without a match.
Then another gap for FACup R2 weekend (unless we agree to move a game with another L1 club who’ve been knocked out, but that feels unlikely).

Means we have 8 more games before the transfer window opens and DC can start some of the major surgery. I suspect, unlike Wade, he’ll be at it from 1 Jan.
Warwickshire Robin
Malabus wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 23:38 Embarrassing, that felt truly awful.

Why play the RWB and LWB out of position for the first quarter of the match. Don’t get me started on Adshead.
Ferry was put clear down the right twice in the first 10 mins but because he had to cut back onto his left foot both opportunities were wasted when a right footer could have crossed it first time.

I know DC isnt happy with the squad at his disposal currently but that decision was quite strange and a case of him overthinking himself i think.
Robin
Jerry St Clair wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 10:26
Fuller wrote: 05 Nov 2023, 08:00 Huge game for the players against Wigan next Saturday at Whaddon Road. Then two weeks without a match.
Then another gap for FACup R2 weekend (unless we agree to move a game with another L1 club who’ve been knocked out, but that feels unlikely).

Means we have 8 more games before the transfer window opens and DC can start some of the major surgery. I suspect, unlike Wade, he’ll be at it from 1 Jan.
We need to be lining up our January transfer business now, is Clarke doing that or Milton :?
horlickfanclub
Hopefully not Clarke. He does not know left from right.
theidlerich
Having just seen the BBC "highlights"; suspect most should vanish in the transfer window. Pretty abject defending; will keep quiet on the penalty [professionals?]!