Gloucestershire football

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Shade wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 18:05 Colchester have been given permission from the EFL to make their pitch shorter and narrower in order to cut out the worst areas of the surface to try and get games on for the rest of the season.
total shambles, let me guess there may have been issues regarding draining but were ignored and built the new ground anyway.
Si Robin
It's been open for 16 years, if there were drainage issues in the area, one suspects they'd have come up before now.
Jerry St Clair
Meanwhile the FA have rejected a request from the Northern League, who've had 20% of fixtures postponed due to waterlogged pitches this season, to extend the season. It means most Northern League clubs need to squeeze in around 20 games between now and the end of April. And we thought our run-in was packed.....
Shade
Ridiculous. Did they give any reasons why they wouldn't extend by even a couple of weeks?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It happened a few years ago in the Northern League when one team had about ten games in hand. They played Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday for about two months to finish the season on time. The only saving grace is that being such a regionalised league most players can make away games after work whatever day they fall on.

The answer is clearly all weather 3G pitches. In the Northern League, to be honest, the Saudis at St James’ Park could buy every team a 3G pitch with about 1 hours income of the Saudi government. Nearly the whole league is located within 1 or 2 hours of St James’ Park so it be a good piece of PR.

There’s one game I have tried to go to with a mate which has been postponed three times now since first scheduled in October.
Jerry St Clair
Shade wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 13:25 Ridiculous. Did they give any reasons why they wouldn't extend by even a couple of weeks?

I haven't seen an explanation. Just confirmation that the request was rejected. Just the FA being the FA I guess.

The figures are staggering. Only 60% of the season's fixtures had been completed by the end of Feb. With more postponements throughout March the situation hasn't got any better.

Good point RCS about 3G. With climate change meaning our winters will continue getting warmer and wetter this is a problem that is here to stay.
asl
Wellwisher
Jerry St Clair wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 13:16 Meanwhile the FA have rejected a request from the Northern League, who've had 20% of fixtures postponed due to waterlogged pitches this season, to extend the season. It means most Northern League clubs need to squeeze in around 20 games between now and the end of April. And we thought our run-in was packed.....
And it's not just Oop North:

Truro City: National League South side face playing 13 games in 28 days to end season

"We're [playing] Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - oh, and we have to fit into there somewhere the abandoned Eastbourne game from Tuesday night."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68630567

EDIT: Doh! - Just noticed the preceeding post.
CTFC.Harry
One down…

Two to go?
Robin
Forest Green could go down next weekend...
ctfc-fan
Here’s hoping!
bigdavejambo
Bishops Cleeve v Gloucester COULD be a league fixture next season
art vandalay
Truro played on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. All were home games, played at Gloucester City, a round trip of 7 hours. Still, the presence of Truro and Taunton playing home games in Gloucester means that City are now the fifth best team in the county.
Ralph
FGR are almost there. Five points away from safety at half time with them playing Wrexham.

The missuse of money in that club is astounding. Not only do they have one of the top 3 wage bills iirc but they also have the second highest agents fees only coming in behind Wrexham. What the heck. The fans need to take that club back. Tell Vince to fcuk off and leave the club.

Over 266k. Just 70k behind Wrexham, more than twice the fees of Mansfield. The mismanagement is incredible
ctfc-fan
They’re down today and I can’t wait! At least we’re guaranteed not to be playing them next year.

In Radio Glos, their commentator was saying before the match that Wrexham are the team everyone talks about at present but before that it was Forest Green. Deluded or what!
Ralph
It sucks that we look like we're going down but it's not quite as bad if FGR get sent back to the non league. They won't be back. I can't see that misguided fool Vince spending again to try and get them back up not even if agent Steve agrees to stay.
asl
Some on the FGR forum calling for SC to be sacked!
Ralph
He looks really tired in the interviews. Deeney wasn't wrong. He got fired for telling the truth.
FGR arrogance is astounding. Every team in the Nat will be ready for them.

That Dabo guy, you see in every match thread that he does nothing. The fans hate him and yet SC plays him every game. I think I read he's their second highest paid player

I don't think Steve will stay.

Vince has renewed the planning permission on the ground for housing
Ralph
I'm sure the moderator on their forum will be active today deleting posts. You know you can't say anything negative about Vince and mini Vince on there
Ralph
Just watched Steve's interview after the game. He looks broken. He cares more about that sh1t show of a club than the majority of players there.

He's called them fragile again. He's done that a few times. I don't get this "fragile". You are meant to be pros. Roll up your sleeves and give everything you have. You might not be as good as other teams but just give everything you can. There's too many players on that team that according to FGR forum are stealing a wage. I don't think SC knows how to deal with fragile players. None of the players in his years at CTFC were fragile. They would walk through brick walls for him.

He won't be there next season. I'll be really surprised if he is.
Shade
His players could take a bollocking and use it constructively in the past. Things have changed. You can't just shout at players any more, they get offended... That lot up there obviously have a strop and can't cope mentally. Again, mis-management from the top, recruiting the wrong players on stupid money, for a fight. No leaders.

I heard his interview on the radio on the way home last Saturday. It was almost as bad as listening to Wade when he left massive pauses trying to plan out what he was going to say. The only difference was you could tell SC wanted to just say "these players are a f#!$ disgrace, an embarrassment, the worst I've ever had" but was trying to be diplomatic about it.

I have no idea, but what is the current star status on their shirts? Have they had them removed and forgotten about, or are the all being greyed out?

Also, the perfect time to bring these gems back out: https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ampionship

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... st-1499022

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39917358

I've also just noticed that Hannah Dingley has f#!$ them off at last and gone to be Head of Women's and Girl's football at the FAI.

Which led me to this. I think Agbonlahor is a moron himself, but he got this one spot on :lol:https://talksport.com/football/1501287/ ... gbonlahor/
ctfc-fan
Brilliant!
Ralph
The stars are still on the shirts and apparently on the scoreboard too
ctfc-fan
Bye bye Forest Green Rovers
Ralph
Yep.. Good riddance to them.. Now they have to get rid of Vince and mini Vince
Chris FGR
Well at least we've done our bit to cheer up Robins fans in what has been a tough year for football in the Shire.

I doubt we'll be back in the EFL anytime soon, as Vince won't learn from his mistakes.
ctfc-fan
Chris FGR wrote:Well at least we've done our bit to cheer up Robins fans in what has been a tough year for football in the Shire.

I doubt we'll be back in the EFL anytime soon, as Vince won't learn from his mistakes.
You need him gone from your club
Si Robin
Chris FGR wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 22:30 Well at least we've done our bit to cheer up Robins fans in what has been a tough year for football in the Shire.

Genuinely sorry for you Chris - you're a sound lad (on here and TFF).

Now - if admin hasn't changed our heading to Gloucestershire's only EFL club on Twitter/X then I'm rioting ;)
Jerry St Clair
Chris FGR wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 22:30 Well at least we've done our bit to cheer up Robins fans in what has been a tough year for football in the Shire.

Not in this part of Cheltenhamshire. I don't get the shadenfreude. A double-relegation with, possibly, worse to come is the absolute pits. I feel for you all.