Ambition

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
Recently we have seen on this forum for the board to give an indication of their ambition
What is the ambition of the Trust
I assume it is to have the majority of shares in the club
I assume that the FED is in effect the largest shareholder on the board
Check how many shares the board members hold
As is stated elsewhere £100K got you a seat on the board
Now holding 16% of the club shares does this entitle them to a second seat on the board
So although they have now become an even larger shareholder than they were the club in all probability did not benefit from the recent share acquisition.
So holding shares gives you some clout but the FEd is only one vote in the board room
So increasing the shareholding moves them closer to ownership but would it be better that they had bought some shares rather than doing some sort of deal with the former chairman
The club does not seem to have gained from this inspie of the media spin on this
Does the trust see the day when they will have 51% shares in the club and have the majority of the board members.
I assume that the other trusts have larger financial sources that the pump into their club
So although we know or at least think we know what the overall aim is it would be good to hear how they see the larger holding benefiting the trust and the club
I fully expect to be shot down and accused of stirring but as others have suggested how do board members get elected to the board. They are I assume they get elected by bring certain skills to the club - lawyer , accountant , former civil servant ( sorry meant team manager) local building supply director
I have no idea what else the board have an expertise in other than the club secretary who is in my opinion Mr Cheltenham

Not meant to be a whinge or tirade just curious how this will all play out
Robin
Not sure I would ever want to see the day the trust own the majority of the club. Being third largest shareholder should be enough we need benefactors like Keswick and Jennings for their financial support because the trust cannot provide that level of help.
Horteng
Robin wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 13:33 Not sure I would ever want to see the day the trust own the majority of the club. Being third largest shareholder should be enough we need benefactors like Keswick and Jennings for their financial support because the trust cannot provide that level of help.
I am the same Robin. I do not see how the trust can pump anymore money into the club than what we currently have. And to be quite frank the way James Young talks I think it is rather insulting to the current board and its members.
horlickfanclub
Am I right that the Trust only meets on Zoom? This does not seem to be inclusive if so. Having a Trust is a good thing and some good things are happening but there does seem a need for more mutual respect with the Club.
London Exile
When is the next FED election and how many Trust members are there at present?
Jerry St Clair
Robin wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 13:33 Not sure I would ever want to see the day the trust own the majority of the club. Being third largest shareholder should be enough we need benefactors like Keswick and Jennings for their financial support because the trust cannot provide that level of help.
We're lucky with the current owners. But you never know what's around the corner.

Reading fans were happy with Madejski. He was chairman for two decades. The garden was rosy with stable, successful ownership with a general upward progression. Sound familiar? Charlton likewise.

Fan ownership protects the club in the long term. Exeter, Wimbledon and others are brilliant examples.
Dave Beesley
London Exile wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 10:45 When is the next FED election and how many Trust members are there at present?
At the next AGM. October/November this year.

And just shy of 300. Nearly a 20% uplift year on year
Dave Beesley
horlickfanclub wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 10:40 Am I right that the Trust only meets on Zoom? This does not seem to be inclusive if so. Having a Trust is a good thing and some good things are happening but there does seem a need for more mutual respect with the Club.
We do meet via digital means, as this has enabled us to widen our net in terms of talent. We now boast board members in London, Devon, the North East, France and the US.

But, we aren’t averse to exploring hybrid options, I’ll be exploring this in the coming weeks, and this shouldn’t dissuade people from applying
Dave Beesley
Exeter and Wimbledon have shown in recent years that it is possible to run a club at this level on Trust funding mechanisms.
But you are right, we would need to grow our membership and open up other fundraising possibilities to reach the levels they have