Update from WR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Neil
Laurence wrote:See, if you directed your hatred towards the people that really screwed over your club, i.e. not Cheltenham Town, then maybe you'd have more of a club to save. For example, to the people that live in Gloucester but support Cheltenham you could say "I understand why you want to watch league football, but if you help campaign to get Gloucester City back in Gloucester then maybe we can eventually build our own Football League club to compete for your support." But no. You want to "tar and feather" them. Thereby driving them away from being associated with your lunacy and your club. But, then, as noted sports blogger Oscar Wilde once lamented, "Each man kills the thing he loves".
They are tossers. One and all.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
Not having any of that BS!
And that is why we have a thriving League club with a home and thousands of fans from Cheltenham, Gloucester and all round the county, and why you are homeless, losing fans and money tarred hand over feathered fist.

As Laurence said - it's about time to tried to do something positive to save your club, rather than lining up the nails ready to be hammered in as you seem to be doing currently.

I'll be sorry to see Gloucester fold - they had real potential to be a good team for that city. But years of mis-management and bitter support, with chairmen and fans alike blaming everything and everyone except themselves ruined that.
Chelt Luke in Glos
And that is why we have a thriving League club with a home and thousands of fans from Cheltenham, Gloucester and all round the county, and why you are homeless, losing fans and money tarred hand over feathered fist.

As Laurence said - it's about time to tried to do something positive to save your club, rather than lining up the nails ready to be hammered in as you seem to be doing currently.

I'll be sorry to see Gloucester fold - they had real potential to be a good team for that city. But years of mis-management and bitter support, with chairmen and fans alike blaming everything and everyone except themselves ruined that.[/quote]

And I 100% agree with this RCS.

I still wish Gloucester to do well but I have every right to support whoever I like Niel, regardless of where I come from and I bet there will be one or two Gloucester fans in Cheltenham and fair play to them, we on this forum do not rip into them for not following Cheltenham and if you wish to do so to me for living in Glos and supporting Chelts then thats up to you but theres some cheek in coming onto a cheltenham forum and doing it... If you want to have a dig do it on the Glos forum, it doesnt bother me.
Circa 1887
It's natural to gravitate towards the biggest local club. I think Neil's attitude, as previously pointed out, only serves to drive support away from GCFC.
Chelt Luke in Glos
Circa 1887 wrote:It's natural to gravitate towards the biggest local club. I think Neil's attitude, as previously pointed out, only serves to drive support away from GCFC.
Well the way hes going they will be a one fan team! :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chelt Luke in Glos wrote:
Circa 1887 wrote:It's natural to gravitate towards the biggest local club. I think Neil's attitude, as previously pointed out, only serves to drive support away from GCFC.
Well the way hes going they will be a one fan team! :lol:
Even his dog wants to follow the Rubies.
Pie
I think one of the appealing reasons for Town fans on this board hoping Gloucester fold is to see what Kim Jong Neill says when they do become nothing but dust.

I must ask what Neil takes, because to think Gloucester Homeless City are a decent football team, you must take some serious amphetamines to believe this, and believe they are a better team than Cheltenham.

How's that rent money coming along? I see you're still handing out contracts to anyone who can't get signed by other clubs.