open email to the directors of CTFC

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
I note with some concern that it has been stated in the media that GCFC still owe CTFC a sum of money
In the report it is suggested that the debt will be written off
In addition the supporters of CTFC are told that the gate money from a preseason friendly will be shared 50/50 with GCFC.
I assume this is after all the match expenses have been covered

Will the board issue a statement to clarify that the chairmans earlier statement about our tenants not being allowed to play at the Abbey Business Stadium until all dues are paid still remains CTFC's position
Malabus
Send it off.
PaulGodfrey
Nothing has changed. We had a friendly lined up against another Football League club for July 20 but they pulled out so we arranged one with Gloucester City instead. Gloucester are entitled to two home pre-season friendlies under the terms of the groundshare agreement. However, this season (as in 2010) one of their friendlies will be against us with a shared gate after expenses (although we will effectively be the 'home' side). Gloucester will be able to arrange one other friendly before their league season starts. However, as stated in the media, outstanding sums from last season will need to be cleared first and we expect this to happen.

Should state for the record that for the first two years of the groundshare there were no problems whatsoever - it went better than we thought it would. Every club has it's cashflow issues from time to time - we managed to sort ours out a couple of years ago - and we hope Gloucester can clear theirs before long.
51/84
many thanks for the quick response
I am sure that the club will announce when all the sums have been paid
rasta
PaulGodfrey wrote:Nothing has changed. We had a friendly lined up against another Football League club for July 20 but they pulled out so we arranged one with Gloucester City instead. Gloucester are entitled to two home pre-season friendlies under the terms of the groundshare agreement. However, this season (as in 2010) one of their friendlies will be against us with a shared gate after expenses (although we will effectively be the 'home' side). Gloucester will be able to arrange one other friendly before their league season starts. However, as stated in the media, outstanding sums from last season will need to be cleared first and we expect this to happen.

Should state for the record that for the first two years of the groundshare there were no problems whatsoever - it went better than we thought it would. Every club has it's cashflow issues from time to time - we managed to sort ours out a couple of years ago - and we hope Gloucester can clear theirs before long.
Thanks Mr G.
C.V
P.G. states

However, as stated in the media, outstanding sums from last season will need to be cleared first and we expect this to happen.

Well lets hope Neil and his mates get there acts together the clock is ticking.There must be a cut off time the respective leagues will have to be informed if they definatley have a pitch to play on for the up coming season.
51/84
The point is why do believe the rubbish that Neil posts even if its not his business
The same goes for the posturing of certain representatives of that football club
What they want to do and what the do may be 2 completely different things
There is the owner
there is the trust and the fans and then there is Neil
The council , investors and who knows who else
We have had a statement from our club secretary and I am fine with that, it is entirely up to GCFC to pay up end off
taxidave
C.V wrote:P.G. states
However, as stated in the media, outstanding sums from last season will need to be cleared first and we expect this to happen.
Well lets hope Neil and his mates get there acts together the clock is ticking.There must be a cut off time the respective leagues will have to be informed if they defiantly have a pitch to play on for the up coming season.
I imagine Kev that if they do not pay whatever they owe us by what ever time has been agreed between the two clubs then that would be the end of them, because there are no other grounds within comfortable travelling distance up to standard other than FGR and presumably they would not have them back, especially at such short notice and it would be too late for them to drop down the pyramid as all other leagues will have their fixtures ready for publication.
C.V
I expect poor Neil and his mates spend many a sleepless night worrying over there recurring club problems bless em :lol:
Malabus
When Gloucester do die; then I hope forum members show great respect and just laugh for only 5 minutes.
Neil
51/84 wrote:The point is why do believe the rubbish that Neil posts even if its not his business
The same goes for the posturing of certain representatives of that football club
What they want to do and what the do may be 2 completely different things
There is the owner
there is the trust and the fans and then there is Neil
The council , investors and who knows who else
We have had a statement from our club secretary and I am fine with that, it is entirely up to GCFC to pay up end off
Don't I count as a fan? :(
Neil
C.V wrote:I expect poor Neil and his mates spend many a sleepless night worrying over there recurring club problems bless em :lol:
I don't. What can I do about the clubs problems?
Malabus
Neil wrote:Don't I count as a fan? :(
That honour disappeared when you took the cash and press passes.
Nesty
OMG - not ANOTHER thread about the squatters!!! -
taxidave
Nesty wrote:OMG - not ANOTHER thread about the squatters!!! -
Yes Roger, so now you know what it is about you wont have any need to read this thread ever again. :D
Neil
Rather be a squatter than a scratter with cheap Christmas lights.
51/84
Neil why are you on here its not your business so in simple words , go away get your bucket out for the bucket appeal and dont comeback until the bills have been paid, then you can tell us they have. bye bye!
Pie
Neil wrote:Rather be a squatter than a scratter with cheap Christmas lights.
You don't have a home to hang your Christmas lights :lol:
Neil
51/84 wrote:Neil why are you on here its not your business so in simple words , go away get your bucket out for the bucket appeal and dont comeback until the bills have been paid, then you can tell us they have. bye bye!
All my bills are paid.
Sprout Picker
Neil wrote:
51/84 wrote:Neil why are you on here its not your business so in simple words , go away get your bucket out for the bucket appeal and dont comeback until the bills have been paid, then you can tell us they have. bye bye!
All my bills are paid.
Shame your club's aren't. :x
51/84
Neil wrote:
All my bills are paid.
As SP said your clubs are not
I know it is difficult to understand what is written - I did not say your bills as SP poiinted out that GCFC bills are not
I know its none of your business so why bother commenting
Based on your previous statements will you please stop posting on this site as its not your business

Are you a fan you asked well the answer is - I have not got a clue.
Most fans take an interest in their clubs affairs but you claim not to.
You insult the supporters of GCFC so I dont suppose you are but then its none of my business
Only 4 weeks until your cupfinal or perhaps it will just be GCFCs final match
Nesty
Neil wrote:Rather be a squatter than a scratter with cheap Christmas lights.
That went over my head
Ralph
Nesty wrote:OMG - not ANOTHER thread about the squatters!!! -
agree...

GCFC go in the "Park" section...