Trialist in from Arsenal

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
We have a player in from Arsenal on trial, more news to follow.

Josh Ree's midfielder who was offered a deal at Brentford and linked with Middlesbrough a few weeks ago.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/316094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MarkHalliwell
Josh Rees, 19

http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west ... -33336153/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems to be highly rated if this link is anything to go by.
Robin
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foot ... cs-3875180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting comments at the bottom.
Pie
Could this be a relationship due to the Keswick's??
Would certainly be an interesting signing.
Malabus
Pie wrote:Could this be a relationship due to the Keswick's??
Would certainly be an interesting signing.
Good point.
Shade
Don't understand why he's on trial with us if he was offered a deal at Brentford, and Norwich and Boro were supposedly interested only a month ago???
Robin
Agent talk perhaps, seems he was only in Brentford's development squad so that might be why he rejected a deal there and wants first team football here.
Malabus
Shade wrote:Don't understand why he's on trial with us if he was offered a deal at Brentford, and Norwich and Boro were supposedly interested only a month ago???
What I thought...sign the dotted line.
12 albion place
Also had a trial at Hearts, at least he'll get paid if he signs for us :mrgreen:
thetonga
This is the interesting news of the day for me, not the Grimes saga. Logistically, for him to come out here for a trial it shows he must be semi interested otherwise he'd start pre season on his own or at a London club. Perhaps he has seen Marlon Pack's fall from a big club to be given a chance here and work his way back up and feels he can do likewise. Just have to hope he is as good as the interest from the aforementioned clubs suggests and the management feel he fits the bill.
Robin
I just have a feeling there is more than meets the eye to this one...
51/84
explain robin
Robin
Well a player leaves one of the top clubs in Europe, it's reported he has an offer from a decent league one side which is local, it's also reported in national press that one of the top Championship sides who have a heavy emphasis on youth are interested then despite all that he turns up at a decent league two side far from his home for a trial doesn't that sound a little too good to be true?
Robin
You then dig a little into detail and find out his "loan" to Brentford was actually a spell in their youth team...

Hope I am proven wrong but I fear the 'hype' may not match the real thing.
51/84
sorry I thought you had some insider knowledge ( dont mean that as a put down) rather than just speculating.

It does seem strange but stranger things happen.
Having said that I would be surprised if we signed him on unless as you say there is something we dont know
Like Paul Bakers his uncle
Robin
No insider knowledge just doubting anything that seems to be good to be true that's all.
Pie
For those that havent seen it already;

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/105118 ... nham_Town/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And for those who cant be bothered to read it all, the highlights are what he says about the club;

“Teams are returning for pre-season now so I’m hoping to find a club and earn a contract. I’ve got a chance to impress at Cheltenham and that’s what I’m hoping to do. They are a team who play good football and they have a good manager, so it would be a good move for me.”

And for the record, he was RELEASED from Arsenal in the summer.
Would potentially know Jamie Edge as they are the same age.
Hubert Parry
Arsenal have a wide range of youngsters, some of them have even played for the first team and fallen from grace. Look at Tom Cruise, who now plays for Torquay and probably couldn't find another league club if he were released.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:Arsenal have a wide range of youngsters, some of them have even played for the first team and fallen from grace. Look at Tom Cruise, who now plays for Torquay and probably couldn't find another league club if he were released.
It was mission impossible for him to oust the top Gunners in all fairness, but like you say, a few good men have been released and dropped down the leagues.
vcinthestand
hearts will be in liquidation soon doing a rangers so not a wise place to go
horlickfanclub
Disagree on Cruise. I would sign him and i think so would other teams.Half decent left backs are scarce.He is clocking up games and will develop.
I see Rees can also play right back. Could be useful if Sido is creaking and Lowe is needed in the centre for any reason. "One for the future" when Lowe and Sido move on next season too.He also scores goals which our central mids do not.
Robin
We absolutely must get Sido on a new deal, cannot allow him to leave on a Bosman - simply too valuable as he could easilly play top half of league one/bottom half of Championship.
Pie
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:It was mission impossible for him to oust the top Gunners in all fairness, but like you say, a few good men have been released and dropped down the leagues.
If he went to Hearts he certainly wouldn't see The Colour of Money.
If he were to sign, then he could become a cheltenham Legend, and The Firm, that is our close knit team could rise even further from those Days of Thunder and the Colateral damage left by MA.

He could be the Knight and Day between play-offs, and top 3!

(ok, I can't do anymore, it's getting boring, and as for the t(r)opic (thunder), I think we're Losing It) :oops: :oops: