remember that Emma Way that tweeted she knocked cyclist down

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... iving.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

she was cleared of careless driving :shock:

and shes getting paid money to be on tv tomorrow
taxidave
Ralph wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... iving.html
she was cleared of careless driving :shock:
and shes getting paid money to be on tv tomorrow
Would you appear on tv for nothing ??
Ralph
thats for me to know and not you :)

what i'm getting at is that she can commit a crime and then be rewarded for it after.. don't seem entirely fair. If you were the person she hit, would you be happy?
Malabus
Deeply shocking; I'm trembling composing this post.
taxidave
Malabus wrote:Deeply shocking; I'm trembling composing this post.
I would only be trembling at the thought of having to get up at the crack of dawn to appear on tv. I presume that "Daybreak" is broadcast at some ridiculous hour of the morning as it is never on when I get up.
Ralph
Malabus wrote:Deeply shocking; I'm trembling composing this post.
still trembling? Give us your cycling thoughts Mal..shes got away with it. (she did lose her job too)
Shade
How has she got away with it? She was fined and had to pay costs as well, and 7 points on her licence. All she did was not stop and post a stupid message, so the punishment fits the crime.
asl
And she wasn't paid for the appearance, according to the BBC report.

I do, however, fail to see why she wasn't guilty of Driving without Due Care and Attention. I remember when some stupid girl reversed into the side of my car when it was parked outside my house (in a close, so not on a thoroughfare) about 15 years ago. Going by the damage (insurance write-off), she hit it at some speed. During discussions I used the expression "So when you lost control of your car..." - to which she was most put out and indignantly said that she hadn't "lost control" of her car. I replied with "So you were in full control of your vehicle when you smacked it violently into mine, were you? So it was deliberate, then?"

Surely, to have hit the cyclist, who has not been blamed for anything, she wasn't driving with due care and attention?
Shade
asl wrote:
Surely, to have hit the cyclist, who has not been blamed for anything, she wasn't driving with due care and attention?
BUT...she was apparently driving at only 15mph, as far across her side of the road as she could. It all indicates that it was the cyclists' word against hers, but she admitted she didn't stop after their collision which is what she's been punished for. Accidents happen, and the fact the cyclist only ended in a hedge with a little bit of bruising would indicate he wasn't struck with any real force.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If road users are all driving sensibly and safely accidents should be nigh on impossible, or at best very rare.
Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If road users are all driving sensibly and safely accidents should be nigh on impossible, or at best very rare.
Unless the pedestrians choose to get in the way or are too drunk to realise or are too busy on their bleeding smartphone whilst walking along expecting a car travelling at 20 mph or even 30 mph to be a mind reader that the pedestrian is about to step out as he / she isnt paying attention....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If road users are all driving sensibly and safely accidents should be nigh on impossible, or at best very rare.
Unless the pedestrians choose to get in the way or are too drunk to realise or are too busy on their bleeding smartphone whilst walking along expecting a car travelling at 20 mph or even 30 mph to be a mind reader that the pedestrian is about to step out as he / she isnt paying attention....
I include the pedestrian as a road user in that context and they'd (literally) not have a leg to stand on if blamed for their own comeuppance.