Turnip's former manager files winding up order against them

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27525857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BullsTopMan
Obsessed with us as usual.

We'll always be a bigger club than you.
Malabus
BullsTopMan wrote:Obsessed with us as usual.

Are your new owners building flats on Shedger Street for your Eastern Europeans.
Robin

Of course you will, how's the derby with FGR going Bully :lol: :lol: :lol:
London Exile

We'll always have a bigger debt than you.
I've corrected your statement for you. Best of luck at the conference AGM and starting next season :D
Ralph
BullsTopMan wrote:
The bigger they are, the harder they fall.. :)
leohoenig
I have heard they did not make all football payments by 17.00 today, and will be thrown out of the Conference tomorrow.
Si Robin
Unbelievable what's going on there. To top it all off, the club have tweeted that they will not be commenting on the situation tonight.

Way to keep the fans informed.
Robin
Pure comedy gold, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of fans!
Si Robin
I wouldn't wish it on any football fans at all. I know a couple of great people who are Hereford fans and they certainly don't deserve what they're being put through.
little mo
According to the BBC, if they are expelled it will include Conference regional divisions as well. So what league will they be in, if any?
Malabus
little mo wrote:According to the BBC, if they are expelled it will include Conference regional divisions as well. So what league will they be in, if any?
Evostick?
Robin
I expect them to do a Chester and drop down the leagues. I wouldn't wish them to fold but don't think for a moment if this was us there wouldn't be plenty of them laughing.
little mo
Robin wrote:I expect them to do a Chester and drop down the leagues. I would wish them to fold but don't think for a moment if this was us there wouldn't be plenty of them laughing.
Of course some of them would, but they have a lot of long standing decent fans who have dipped their hands in their pockets many times. Feel sorry for them and wish them well.
Malabus
The deadline for them to pay 148k to the creditors was at 17:00 this evening and they have failed to raise the funds (so I believe) a decision will be made tomorrow on their future. They also owe a three figure sum to former manager Martin Foyle.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ANOTHER reprieve - given until 12th June now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27737734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many times are they going to be let off?

Just because TV companies love to show the Radford goal every season doesn't mean they should get preferential treatment.

Send them down in the name of football justice.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:ANOTHER reprieve - given until 12th June now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27737734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many times are they going to be let off?

Just because TV companies love to show the Radford goal every season doesn't mean they should get preferential treatment.

Send them down in the name of football justice.
I heard the Conference are keen for them to stay because of the crowds they get in that league and are an 'asset'.
leohoenig
The treatment was not so preferential. The less publicised problems at Salisbury received the same response
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:The treatment was not so preferential. The less publicised problems at Salisbury received the same response
When was this?
Robin
I agree it's frustrating that certain teams seem to continually be in financial trouble no doubt Bury will be next and will survive with a slap on the wrist just like the turds.
leohoenig
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
leohoenig wrote:The treatment was not so preferential. The less publicised problems at Salisbury received the same response
When was this?
Last weekend, both Hereford and Salisbury were up in front of the Conference board.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... s_id=12636" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... s_id=12635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Robin
Hereford expelled from the Conference.
Daveangel
Chucked out of the Conference, and presumably will be in the Southern League. Greedy, idiotic owners, but it's the fans that lose out as always. I feel for them, though no doubt others won't!
Judge_Dreddful

Deluded bumpkin.
Shade
Expected to drop 2 divisions. Chester FC look like they're getting a reprieve after being sent down by them on the last day.
Joey
If Chester had beaten us, they would have played Newcastle and may not be in the position they are now.

If Hereford had beaten us, they would have played Everton and may not be in the position they are now.

If Martin Allen had beaten us, we might have been in either of their positions.

I find it hard to get any enjoyment out of Hereford's demise, I always enjoy it when we beat them but no club should have to end up where they are. It can only be a few series of unfortunate events to send a football club into a downwards spiral. Which is why we should grateful for what we have at this football club.
Malabus
Joey wrote:If Chester had beaten us, they would have played Newcastle and may not be in the position they are now.

If Hereford had beaten us, they would have played Everton and may not be in the position they are now.

If Martin Allen had beaten us, we might have been in either of their positions.

I find it hard to get any enjoyment out of Hereford's demise, I always enjoy it when we beat them but no club should have to end up where they are. It can only be a few series of unfortunate events to send a football club into a downwards spiral. Which is why we should grateful for what we have at this football club.
Good indication how costly losing to Tamworth in the 1st RD last season was. Think we are still feeling the effects to be honest.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ah. Picturing the leap and header by Mo at the Shed. Magic. Feel for the fans of course but the whole attitude of the club has been rotten for years. Shouldn't have been allowed to play at the level they have with their shambolic ground.
CheltRobin
Spot on about the ground RCS - Awful excuse for a league ground.
CTFC03
Hereford & Gay Meadow are the 2 worst grounds I've ever been to.
Joey
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Ah. Picturing the leap and header by Mo at the Shed. Magic. Feel for the fans of course but the whole attitude of the club has been rotten for years. Shouldn't have been allowed to play at the level they have with their shambolic ground.
Don't be such a snob.
taxidave
CTFC03 wrote:Hereford & Gay Meadow are the 2 worst grounds I've ever been to.
York and Accrington aren't much better while Exeter's away end leaves a lot to be desired and surely Luton's must be the weirdest.
CheltRobin
Luton's away entrance definately unique - in the middle of a row of terraced houses.
Malabus
For some reason I liked Luton ground.
taxidave
Malabus wrote:For some reason I liked Luton ground.
As I said Mal, "Luton's is the weirdest" ! :lol: :lol: :lol: