Leeds: different names, same dirt

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
former director arrested:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27502223" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

credit and debit card sales stopped due to main bank account being frozen:

"Leeds United’s staff face another anxious wait for wages amid financial constraints which have forced the club to suspend season-ticket sales to fans using debit and credit cards.

The impact of a winding-up petition served on Leeds by Sport Capital grew more acute today as the club revealed money paid for tickets via debit and credit cards was being withheld by the company which manages their card facilities."

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6631867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are the players coming or going?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6630233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

training ground might be closed:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6628347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stevec
Gets worse, paddy power has David Hockaday formerly of forest green rovers as even money fav to take over leeds managers job = surely no !
little mo
Players not been paid today.
stevec
Does not get any better does it, best fans in the world supporting a club ran by the dreamers/ Schemers/egomanics/nutcases/liars in the last 20 years, oh and the only skint arabs to invest in a football club!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
As I said in the Swindon thread - time the fit and proper persons rule was made stricter and then applied properly. Too many crooks on the make doing over clubs.
stevec
Don't get me wrong RCS, I think Cellinio is doing the right thing cutting through the c!#p. Paying £20k a week to players not fit for league 1 is a receipe for disaster, and Leeds have done that for years! The way i see the FandPPA is that the Man Cities will just accept a $200k slap as a sort of "cost", whereas the FA will go for Cellino because he does things out of the norm, oh and its Leeds!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
stevec wrote:Don't get me wrong RCS, I think Cellinio is doing the right thing cutting through the c!#p. Paying £20k a week to players not fit for league 1 is a receipe for disaster, and Leeds have done that for years! The way i see the FandPPA is that the Man Cities will just accept a $200k slap as a sort of "cost", whereas the FA will go for Cellino because he does things out of the norm, oh and its Leeds!
Italian tax fraud conviction as found guilty in a court of law in Italy. But yes, apart from a criminal conviction everything else is out of the norm:

Festa as an 'unpaid assistant' (expenses bill will be a nice balance on the VAT claim). Players told by Cellino to cancel holidays and come into training early. Then told actually don't bother and training ground being closed and sold.

Though he is selling Cagliari now so yes, if he stays the right side of the law he may sort things out. But someone with convictions (spent and pending) for financial crime and fraud is probably not the best person to bring in to sort out a financial mess.
stevec
Keep it in Perspective - he did not pay the income duty on a boat!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
stevec wrote:Keep it in Perspective - he did not pay the income duty on a boat!
Denying the Italian treasury of 388,500 euros - if you think that's not a big deal then fair enough, but for someone so rich to go to such great lengths to avoid what is quite a small sum to him says all you need to know about is regard for the law, responsibility and decency.
Robin
Italian culture from my experience.
asl
Throw in a few under-age prostitutes for his resumé and he could run for government.