Eastern Europeans scamming Gloucestershire

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Not a surprise. 'Eastern Europeans' and 'crime' usually pops up in the same sentence.

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Orga ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
taxidave
Reading that article I noted how the police have dumbed down their titles over the years, what used to be called "crime prevention officers" are now "harm reduction advisors".
What next "we will try and help if we can be bothered to turn up officers". :!:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Dodgy £20 notes at car-boots? Long way to go to match the violence of the Johnsons or Slaters.

Whilst obviously any criminals are unwelcome - and criminals with foreign passports should be deported - I object to your generalisation in the OP as you cannot justify saying what you have said.

I imagine if you look at the crime rates in Cheltenham I suspect you will find that smaller percentage of central and east european immigrants commit crime than those whose families have lived on the same estate for generations - again, pointing at a few bad apples and not generalising against swathes of our town.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Dodgy £20 notes at car-boots? Long way to go to match the violence of the Johnsons or Slaters.

Whilst obviously any criminals are unwelcome - and criminals with foreign passports should be deported - I object to your generalisation in the OP as you cannot justify saying what you have said.

I imagine if you look at the crime rates in Cheltenham I suspect you will find that smaller percentage of central and east european immigrants commit crime than those whose families have lived on the same estate for generations - again, pointing at a few bad apples and not generalising against swathes of our town.
Take the blinkers off....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Dodgy £20 notes at car-boots? Long way to go to match the violence of the Johnsons or Slaters.

Take the blinkers off....
No blinkers. Look up the words 'minority' and 'majority' in the dictionary as it seems you have them the wrong way round.