Spain v Chile

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Brilliant goal from Chile! And Xabi Alonso is having a stinker...wasted a free kick in a threatening position, gave the ball away that led to the goal and has just skyed a great chance. All in 20 mins!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
JOY OF JOYS.

Knock out rounds of the World Cup will contain no Tiki Taka.

Busquets missing the icing on the cake. Six years of cheating and I would be glad never to see him in a major tournament again.

Cheerio Spain. LOVE IT.
baggy89
Everyone is hailing the death of Tika Taka. I didn't witness much of it in either of Spain's games. No shape, constantly trying to force the final ball to Costa, Guardiola certainly wouldn't have put his name to it.
Shade
Indeed. All that's died is the lifespan of that team and trying to shoehorn Costa into it.

That said, Bayern got stuffed in the CL as well...
asl
Chile were impressive...when they didn't have the ball, they were right in the Spaniard's faces, biting their ankles pressing them into a mistake. No standing off them and letting them play. Not sure England have the fitness levels in those conditions to do the same thing.
CTFCrobin
Chile were outstanding last night.. in terms of hunting down the ball and getting in Spanish faces they did it brilliantly and Spain just seemed to be shell shocked by it.. one thing I really liked about Chile is that although they were 2-0 up they didn't let their performance dropped and kept on going at Spain. Looked a very strong side and massively impressed by Vidal and Vargas.

RIP tika taka
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
baggy89 wrote:Everyone is hailing the death of Tika Taka. I didn't witness much of it in either of Spain's games. No shape, constantly trying to force the final ball to Costa, Guardiola certainly wouldn't have put his name to it.
Because seeing Barca then Bayern turned over in Europe Spain tried to adapt but have no plan be.

You must have watched a different game to me - even at two nil down they managed extensive passing moves from the attacking chanel to their own half. Only after countless passes got nowhere did they try and find Costa - who only touched it twelve times!
CTFC03
Chile were good at the last world cup too, very impressed by them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Qualified well and were my dark horse bet before this world cup. They play to score. Qualifying saw lots of goals at each end and very few draws - another team who can beat anyone on their day.