New boss in at Bishops Cleeve

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CheltRobin
After the shock resignation of Chris Burns, Cleeve have a new manager in Steve Cleal. Just wanted to say what a top choice this is. Steve is a mate of mine from school and is a well-liked and popular character in Cleeve. Steve has been associated with the club for 20 years as a player, then as manager of the youth side, so knows the club very well.

All the best Steve - I will be supporting my local village club this season alongside Chelt, as Chelt have a few more "Up North" matches than in past seasons.

Up the Greens!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How are the Kayte Lane facilities coming along?
London Exile
With Sooty at the helm there will certainly be the interest locally now and I'm certain the people of cleeve will get behind him.
A lot of the locally based players will also get a chance now which hasn't happened under the last 2 managers. Echo the sentiments of CR
CheltRobin
RCS - They had a new clubhouse built a few years ago, the main issue is with the pitch which regularly floods and can stay frozen for many weeks during a season. In the last few years, with climate change, this seems to be happening more and more. It would be great if the pitch had better drainage and the club had access to frost covers. Last season, they ended up playing upto 3/4 matches a week to finish their season on time! Crazy for a part-time club, but they managed it.