Fabregas bad move by Mourinho

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

trickster
I think it could turn out to be a bad signing for Chelsea, wrong time wrong place.
asl
I don't see how Fabregas, Oscar and Hazard can be accommodated in one squad, that's for sure.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fab sits in the middle with the other two attacking. Lampard role I imagine.

Same as Liverpool having Henderson, Sturridge and Coutinho on the pitch, or Man City with Yaya Toure deep in the middle and Silva and Nasri. Both teams play with one striker and five behind and I suspect Chelsea will do the same.

Now that Lamps is coming to the end of his days I think Fabregas is a great addition.
baggy89
asl wrote:I don't see how Fabregas, Oscar and Hazard can be accommodated in one squad, that's for sure.
They could, just not in a Mourinho side...
Robin
I think they'll be 4-3-3 next season Fabregas in the middle with Ramires and Matic.
confused.com
call me argumentative, but I am sitting here thinking that Mourinho has a marginally better football / managerial brain than anyone commenting on here .....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I think they'll be 4-3-3 next season Fabregas in the middle with Ramires and Matic.
Agree, although may Willian in place of Ramires. He is a bit Ya Ya Toure-esque. Seems to knock players off the ball by looking at them such is his strength, but equally can skin a player and bash in a goal.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:call me argumentative, but I am sitting here thinking that Mourinho has a marginally better football / managerial brain than anyone commenting on here .....
lol - surely if he was any good he wouldn't be wasting his time winning champions league trophies being paid millions and would get on this forum instead to argue with the best of us.
trickster
What I expected fairly typical stereo type remarks, with due respect I think some of you need to start thinking outside the box when debating some of these topics.
Firstly my statement about Fabregas joining Chelsea had nothing to do with his ability on the pitch that’s when he’s in the right frame of mind, and that’s my point.

He started out at his beloved Barcelona then spent 8 years at Arsenal where they loved him then in 2011 he got his dream move back to Barcelona, but this year they no longer want him, he’s admitted he would have liked to go back to Arsenal but Arsene Wenger doesn’t want him, so in my book that’s two knock backs, it was reported that in the last few days he was asked to leave the training ground by Spanish coach Del Bosque because of lack of effort and his attitude in training that proves he can be troublesome.

My point is and I don’t know I’m only guessing but his head may not be right, so to pay £30m for a player that is going to a club that wasn’t his first choice and who’s just been shown the door by his beloved Barcelona just might not be such a good signing, some will say the special one will sort him out but will he.

I think he could start the season off well but if he really doesn’t want to be there the pressure will tell on him, good luck to him and I hope it works out it will be interesting to follow.
confused.com
Tickster, I did read your comment and the latest, but am still of the opinion that I am sure JM has all bases covered and would not be speculative in spending money or making decisions on squad members. He is in the position of not having to be
trickster
The trouble is confused.com you seem a little star struck and believe hype like “the special one”, but the truth is he can make mistakes like anyone, like Alex Ferguson for instance he made a few poor signings in fact they all do, also Fabregas latest wobbly in the World Cup was thrown after Chelsea had signed him.

I’m not saying I’m definitely right I’m saying it’s a feeling I have that the player is unhappy with life at the moment so shelling out £30m on him could backfire.
confused.com
trickster wrote:The trouble is confused.com you seem a little star struck and believe hype like “the special one”, but the truth is he can make mistakes like anyone, like Alex Ferguson for instance he made a few poor signings in fact they all do, also Fabregas latest wobbly in the World Cup was thrown after Chelsea had signed him.

I’m not saying I’m definitely right I’m saying it’s a feeling I have that the player is unhappy with life at the moment so shelling out £30m on him could backfire.
Not start struck at all mate. If I go to a heart surgeon I tend to believe what he tells me, it's his job . If I bring the dog to the vet, I tend to believe what he tells me, it's his job. If a premiership manager signs a player, I tend to believe he believes the player will fit well into the tea, it's his job.
As for the 'wobbly', you could look at a fair portion of the England squad at the moment and question why they are said to be worth the money.......
trickster
confused.com wrote:
trickster wrote:The trouble is confused.com you seem a little star struck and believe hype like “the special one”, but the truth is he can make mistakes like anyone, like Alex Ferguson for instance he made a few poor signings in fact they all do, also Fabregas latest wobbly in the World Cup was thrown after Chelsea had signed him.

Not start struck at all mate. If I go to a heart surgeon I tend to believe what he tells me, it's his job . If I bring the dog to the vet, I tend to believe what he tells me, it's his job. If a premiership manager signs a player, I tend to believe he believes the player will fit well into the tea, it's his job.
As for the 'wobbly', you could look at a fair portion of the England squad at the moment and question why they are said to be worth the money.......
So you are comparing football managers with brain surgeons and vets now I know why you are called confused.com, I can’t think of occupations more different.

Only time will tell if my hunch is correct or not.
confused.com
trickster wrote:
confused.com wrote:

So you are comparing football managers with brain surgeons and vets now I know why you are called confused.com, I can’t think of occupations more different.

Only time will tell if my hunch is correct or not.
Sorry, seems similies confuse you
If you needed advice on what grass grows best in heavy shade ... would you listen to an expert gardener's advice, or a mate who happens to have a back garden ?
Hence it doesn't matter what the occupation is and the difference was there intentionally to prove a point (which went over your head it seems). No matter what the decision to be made, or as a source of advice. Someone who is at the top of their field, would , in my view, have a far better perception, than the average punter on here. Myself included.
If that is still confusing, let me know and I shall attempt to break it down even further :)
trickster
If I were you I would give it a rest before you make yourself more of a laughing stock, I still find comparing football managers and brain surgeons hilarious, and this idea we can’t question someones actions very immature, I question David Camerons decisions every day and he’s the prime minister.

Anyway that’s it from me it’s getting boring it was only a hunch I had but I think you could pick an argument in an empty room.