Celtic: Haha

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Poor soul:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28307088" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Manager Ronny Deila says: "It is stupid the Scottish coefficient is not regarded as good enough."

Third or fourth rate league on the RCS scale :lol:
baggy89
It's their own fault and that of their former brothers. Scottish football has, and continues to run for the benefit of two clubs. The now deceased rangers, celtic and now the tribute act playing out of ibrox.

Perhaps if these two had not set up TV deals whereby they took 80% of the TV revenue then set up SPL prize money so that 32% is split between them with the remaining 10 receiving between 9.5% and 4.5% each. One of them sets up employment contracts whereby they circumvent PAYE and NI, increasing what they can afford to pay Net. All of this enabling them to guarantee the champions league spots year after year generating a further £x million more than everyone else. Buying any promising players from other teams, using the "weegia" to tap them up.

Lets not even get into their continuing use of religion and it's affect on a different country to entice disenfranchised young people from all over Scotland to "support" them, further increasing their coffers, at the expense of smaller local teams.

IF they had done none of this, then they may have reason to moan about a lack of competitiveness and how it is unfair they should suffer because the smaller clubs can't compete in Europe.

Delia is shite-ing it. If timothy is such a big club why would they be worried about playing 3 qualifiers, shouldn't be a problem for one of Europe's elite clubs?

That said it is a bit of a mockery when the champions of any country have to qualify to play in the "champions" league when 4th place team in other leagues are straight into the pot.
leohoenig
baggy89 wrote:That said it is a bit of a mockery when the champions of any country have to qualify to play in the "champions" league when 4th place team in other leagues are straight into the pot.
I agree with all you said, except this line - 3rd placed teams can go straight into the pot, 4th place teams need to play one qualifying game.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Poor soul:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28307088" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Manager Ronny Deila says: "It is stupid the Scottish coefficient is not regarded as good enough."

Third or fourth rate league on the RCS scale :lol:
I can see he has now opened the envelope left in his desk for him by Neil Lennon. It contained the following advice...... in times of trouble, play the 'persecuted' card.
Glasow Celtic - Never wrong since 1888
baggy89
leohoenig wrote: I agree with all you said, except this line - 3rd placed teams can go straight into the pot, 4th place teams need to play one qualifying game.
I'm sure you're right.

5 teams from the "top" leagues for 15/16 isn't it? More rule changes, along with FFP (pfffft), to ensure the same teams get uninterrupted access to the trough.
confused.com wrote: I can see he has now opened the envelope left in his desk for him by Neil Lennon. It contained the following advice...... in times of trouble, play the 'persecuted' card.
Glasow Celtic - Never wrong since 1888
Always cheated never defeated.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
To answer the Deila's question:

This is why you have to play other tinpot clubs in qualification games:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28508318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
I :lol: last night. I wonder if he feels like a tit now? Of course not.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Luck run out for Celtic as they lose at home to Maribor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28927666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Feel sorry for L. Warsaw as they may well have brushed Maribor aside, but at least Celtic going out eases the injustice.
Robin
Celtic would not win the English Championship.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Celtic would not win the English Championship.
See Ex-Robins thread in main section!