Just 5 days until the season starts.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

taxidave
Blackburn v Cardiff City kicks off the season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fulham the first sky game on Saturday evening.
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Fulham the first sky game on Saturday evening.
RCS I don't know if you make such statements to be argumentative or just to keep up your post count but I have already told you that the first game is on Friday night so how can Fulham be the first game on Sky on Saturday evening ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I stand corrected. Had no idea the game you mentioned was on Friday night (time and day of the match not in your post) so assumed everything would get started on a Saturday so thanks for the clarification.
taxidave
If you had half a brain you would have managed to work out that "just 5 days until season starts" from the time I posted ...19.45, would bring you to Friday night. :shock:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:If you had half a brain you would have managed to work out that "just 5 days until season starts" from the time I posted ...19.45, would bring you to Friday night. :shock:
I was on holiday so wasn't paying much attention to the days of the week or the subject of the thread to be honest. So yes I mistakenly assumed and if I had bothered to count for a few seconds I would have known it was Friday as you say.
Daveangel
Phew, I'm glad that got sorted out :)
Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I was on holiday so wasn't paying much attention to the days of the week or the subject of the thread to be honest. So yes I mistakenly assumed and if I had bothered to count for a few seconds I would have known it was Friday as you say.
Oh dear. Kind of proves people's point here about you posting just to increase your post count. Why even open, read let alone post on a thread when you weren't even paying attention to its subject??
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
Oh dear. Kind of proves people's point here about you posting just to increase your post count. Why even open, read let alone post on a thread when you weren't even paying attention to its subject??
I saw the thread was about the new football league season.

As a supporter of two football league teams I therefore opened and read the thread without bothering to think what day it was or count out five days from the time of posting.

Apologies for daring to do so Andy, I am full of regret for such an heinous act.

You know by now that the same way Mal often posts semi-seriously about Wolves, I do about Fulham, hence my post.

For the record 17:30 on Sky Sports to see the Whites at Portman Rd.
confused.com
Andy wrote:
Jaysus Andy a tad harsh there !! Now seems therfe is so much to double check before replying - who would have guessed :D
Andy
I woke up and it was the morning of the 5th August - just a few days before the start of the footy season, so I thought I would take up a new sport whilst waiting...:

and boy....what a catch...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yawn - 'fishing' is only required when the person playing the role of the piscene being hooked is unaware and lured in through trickery and then is full of rage.

Given you know full well I am happy to retort ad nauseum to such remarks as yours, with varying degrees of anger and seriousness, then you weren't so much fishing but taking part in a conversation. In your case you will note from my sarcasm I was actually not bothered and just prolonging the thread by joking/mocking further emphasising the immaturity of your claim.

Playing the fishing card is nothing more than reversing and an excuse..."oh sh!t I have been shown up as posting something daft, I know, if I say I was just fishing then it makes me look the bigger man!"

Just a few (3? 4?) days to go and then we can get back to talking about football rather than these pointless exchanges.
Andy
LOL.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:you know full well I am happy to retort ad nauseum
Do we ever! ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:you know full well I am happy to retort ad nauseum
Do we ever! ;)
:D
Andy
Now asl, are you aware you can only use the smiley winking face sign when the moon is in the sky and the sun firmly shines out of your arse?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:Now asl, are you aware you can only use the smiley winking face sign when the moon is in the sky and the sun firmly shines out of your arse?
make sure there is also bourbon on your turban.
Andy
Oh fook. I've just realised Taxidave will prob moan we've hijacked the thread :). Ralph are you there, best delete all this sh1t. :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:Oh fook. I've just realised Taxidave will prob moan we've hijacked the thread :). Ralph are you there, best delete all this sh1t. :)
It's fine - if he does just claim not to have read what the the thread was about and he will be more than satisfied with that explanation.
Andy
What was this thread about? ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:What was this thread about? ;)
a who can 'post the most' competition?
Andy
It
Andy
Was?
stevec
Just out of interest RCS, do you Ross McCorrmack for £11 million was a better deal for Leeds or for Fulham?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
stevec wrote:Just out of interest RCS, do you Ross McCorrmack for £11 million was a better deal for Leeds or for Fulham?
If he scores 29 goals again and Fulham go up a good deal.

If he puts on weight and bottles it then a bad deal.

Leeds have to ask themselves: without RM would we have gone down? If we go down is £11m enough to compensate that?

The beauty of football is you never know until it happens so no point predicting amd just enjoy it.

Either way, surely it cannot be worse than the Mitroglu deal.
stevec
He kept Leeds up for sure, although in previous seasons he could'nt hit a cows arse with a banjo! I hope he does ok, but think its a cracking deal for Leeds.
Cellino on McCormack, i know you greatly value his opinon (From a mail article so probably rubbish but still funny)
He explained: ‘Ross McCormack is a beautiful player. I didn’t come to Leeds to sell Ross McCormack. But for him I was nothing, a new owner, he’s got a lot of money from Fulham, the chance to live in London. What can I say? I love you McCormack, stay with me?
‘He doesn’t give a f***. He didn’t show up to training. He didn’t fly with the club to pre-season. I was so p***** off that when Fulham called me I asked them for £10m to make them not buy the player. They said yes! Bloody hell.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cracking deal for Leeds. But ultimately Fulham needed players and need promotion so if RM helps them be successful then it's a cracking deal for them too.

Why not find out on Sky Sports on Saturday in some days time.