Should he return to the blades?

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
Don't think he will get a club in this country.
rasta
I haven't read all the thread.

I would like him to work and pay his way in life.
He will not be allowed to do certain jobs, presumably he will be on the sex offenders list and has a criminal record, he should not be treated any differently to anybody else leaving prison for crimes. Therefore his employment what ever it is should be managed within the laws of this land the opinions and principles of the community at large.

Personally I think he was badly advised to go back to the Blades and perhaps should of aimed to the lower leagues.
London Exile
The Tranmere chairman Mark Palios today said they've turned down the chance to sign Ched Evans
asl
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30662865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
he'll play abroad first. Bang the goals in and then someone will pick him up in UK
Si Robin
Can someone explain to me why Sky Sports now only call him "Convicted rapist Ched Evans"?

I know he is a convicted rapist, but they don't do it for anyone else. They don't put "Convicted killer Lee Hughes" or "Convicted drink-driver Tony Adams" or "So many convictions we've lost count Marlon King".

Smacks of sensationalism to me everytime the guy's name is brought up.
Joey
Perhaps Sky still see that fact relevant to the story and he is still on licence as he only served 2 and a half years of his sentence.
Malabus
He is a free man he can do what he wishes. Why should anyone judge; were they in the hotel room during the incident.
asl
Malabus wrote:Why should anyone judge; were they in the hotel room during the incident.
Most rapes are one on one with no witnesses. Are you suggesting that such activities should go unpunished as nobody else is there at the time therefore "nobody can judge"? This is why we have courts, judges and juries to weigh up the balance of probability - and, in this case, after hearing all the evidence from the victim and other parties (so not relying merely on conjecture, lies and supposition from the Daily Mail) they decided that she was more believable than him. Right now, he's a guilty man. Maybe he'll manage to appeal successfully and have the conviction overturned - then again, maybe he won't. But, for today, he's a convicted rapist.

You've made some crass statements on here, Mal - but that one takes the biscuit...
Malabus
asl wrote:
Malabus wrote:Why should anyone judge; were they in the hotel room during the incident.
Most rapes are one on one with no witnesses. Are you suggesting that such activities should go unpunished as nobody else is there at the time therefore "nobody can judge"? This is why we have courts, judges and juries to weigh up the balance of probability - and, in this case, after hearing all the evidence from the victim and other parties (so not relying merely on conjecture, lies and supposition from the Daily Mail) they decided that she was more believable than him. Right now, he's a guilty man. Maybe he'll manage to appeal successfully and have the conviction overturned - then again, maybe he won't. But, for today, he's a convicted rapist.

You've made some crass statements on here, Mal - but that one takes the biscuit...
Got the strong impression he has served his time and has been punished.
Joey
Malabus wrote:
asl wrote:

Got the strong impression he has served his time and has been punished.
Served 2 and a half years of his 5 year sentence, currently out on licence therefore he has technically served his time.
asl
"Out on licence" means he can be called back if the judicial system believes it to be necessary. For example, if he contacts the victim.
Joey
Sorry, mis-typed that then, meant to put "therefore he hasn't technically served his time".
Andy
and looks like he cant go abroad anyway...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30662865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30671692" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oldham. That shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, I guess, given that it was them who gave Convicted Killer Lee Hughes his re-hab.
Malabus
asl wrote:http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30671692

Oldham. That shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, I guess, given that it was them who gave Convicted Killer Lee Hughes his re-hab.
If he going to help your season then why not. Its not illegal is it?
asl
Nope. Not illegal at all. I've a suspicion you may think I'm one of those people who feels he has no right ever to earn a living playing the sport while he remains unrepentant? Actually, I'm a firm " don't know" on the subject. My umbrage is towards any suggestion that he's innocent (not today, he's not) or that it's now in the past so we should all forget about it as if it never happened.
Joey
No Mal, it is not illegal. However just because something legal or illegal doesn't make it moral or immoral and that is what the discussion of Ched Evans should be about. When we make these choices we are deciding what sort of society we want to live in as a whole and the internal society in English football.

The way I see it, to let somebody who was convicted of rape who shows no remorse, is unapologetic and has failed to speak out against those who hound his victim to play football again is morally wrong. It sends a message that you can commit one of the most heinous crimes without feeling a shred of guilt that you are welcome in the English footballing world. Luke Mcormick tends to be the example those who defend Evans use. As has been stated many a time, he has shown huge amounts of remorse and plead guilty to his charges.