I lay the blame firmly at Paul Bakers door.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

trickster
Towards the end of last season when there was a lot of speculation over Yates future and fans were debating whether Baker would get rid of him I said the fans would decide if Yates should go, I was wrong, normally when you get to the stage were fans stop coming to the games to show their disapproval the board and Chairman usually react before things get worse, Baker ignored the fans to the point where fans didn’t renew their season tickets but he still stuck with Yates, and now it’s led to Yates be sacked at what could prove to be the defining moment in our season, now we have a new manager no money and what appears to be a team of players that could quite easily be not good enough to keep us in the league.

Paul Bakers been excellent for Cheltenham Town but he’s starting to be portrayed as being someone who is bigger than the club because he doesn’t listen to the fans, he should have sorted the mess out sooner.
DingDing
Yates should have gone in the summer and a proper recruitment process carried out to find the best candidate, they also would have had a few months to put together their own squad and be judged on that.
C.V
You have got it in one Trickster
Fuller
There is no doubt this is a poor squad, a complete lack of competition in key areas, some players are just not good enough, perhaps some are now past it, but can't see what Paul Buckle can do until next summer as only two players contracts are up at Xmas. Let's hope he can wheel and deal in some way.
Could be a tough last five months of the season.
Benctfc
trickster wrote:Towards the end of last season when there was a lot of speculation over Yates future and fans were debating whether Baker would get rid of him I said the fans would decide if Yates should go, I was wrong, normally when you get to the stage were fans stop coming to the games to show their disapproval the board and Chairman usually react before things get worse, Baker ignored the fans to the point where fans didn’t renew their season tickets but he still stuck with Yates, and now it’s led to Yates be sacked at what could prove to be the defining moment in our season, now we have a new manager no money and what appears to be a team of players that could quite easily be not good enough to keep us in the league.

Paul Bakers been excellent for Cheltenham Town but he’s starting to be portrayed as being someone who is bigger than the club because he doesn’t listen to the fans, he should have sorted the mess out sooner.
Sums it up perfectly for me and I mentioned it earlier that it could be his biggest mistake as chairman. Yates has assembled an awful unbalanced squad and has left the club in s#!t. IMO this squad is worse than when Yates took over form Allen good luck Paul Buckle.
art vandalay
I would certainly agree that last season the board seemed to be completely out of touch with the fans. It shouldn't be necessary for a season ticket boycott to make them wake up, but that's basically what happened.
Alf
Once again Trickster, excellent post hitting nail firmly on head.
London Exile
Does anyone think Simon Keswick still has any interest in the club at all?
Only he or the mystery £500k benefactor can help us out of this mess, otherwise we are heading back to the conference. Today feels like the days of Martin Allen
taxidave
London Exile wrote:Does anyone think Simon Keswick still has any interest in the club at all?
Only he or the mystery £500k benefactor can help us out of this mess, otherwise we are heading back to the conference. Today feels like the days of Martin Allen
I was under the impression they were one and the same. :roll:
London Exile
taxidave wrote:
London Exile wrote:Does anyone think Simon Keswick still has any interest in the club at all?
I was under the impression they were one and the same. :roll:
Ah cheers for that TD.
Fingers crossed Mr Baker is speaking to him tonight
51/84
Not my understanding
There are more than 1 or 2 millionaires sitting in the side lines
London Exile
PB and the board need to be approaching these people and asking the question of whether they'd be interested in working with the board and helping out at Cheltenham Town.
We can't afford to continue bobbing along in L2 looking to finish 22nd