Kemar Roofe

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Our ex-loanee being billed as the danger man for Oxford in the live cup game this lunch time.

Singing his praises for goals scored and how he is the main threat to Swansea.

Live on BBC2 Wales: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/35031859" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
Roofe is class, as we are seeing, worryingly Oxford look streets ahead of us
Ralph
It's the power of the FA Cup, we've done it ourselves in years gone by. Don't know how many first team Swansea are resting.

I see the one stand has still not been built..
Artemis
Reassuringly though, Oxford were in the National League for a while so it just goes to show what can be achieved from the low point of relegation.
Reliant Robin
I've just watched the Oxford v Swansea game streaming live from the BBC. Two 'old foe' teams of CTFC. Oxford's 3-2 win was very well deserved, as they and Kemar in particular, were superb. Oxford Utd look a very-very good side indeed. This was a tremendous performance and if you get chance to watch highlights, it was a treat to see a League 2 side play so well against a Premier League side. Oxford thoroughly deserved their win. Kemar's goals were class and I wouldn't be surprised if Oxford get some big bids in this transfer window. One was a curled right foot shot from outside the penalty area beating the keeper diving to his left, and the second was him beating a defender racing onto a ball played centrally into the penalty area and slotting the ball past the advancing keeper.

Agree with Artemis' post above - it gives us hope for the future.
Robin
I am genuinely hopeful Gary can lead us back into league one but let's get out of this awful division first.
Artemis
Robin, we couldn't get into League 1 without getting out of this league first...........
London Exile
Oxford have invested in their squad significantly this season. I'd heard that they've got the largest budget in L2 this season and whilst we know very well that budget size isn't everything, there's definite quality in that Oxford team
CTFC03
Always thought Roofe had quality, he showed glimpses whilst he was here but didn't help that he was in a poor team.
Robin
London Exile wrote:Oxford have invested in their squad significantly this season. I'd heard that they've got the largest budget in L2 this season and whilst we know very well that budget size isn't everything, there's definite quality in that Oxford team
Have they had a sugar daddy come on board? I always understood their budget was much lower than their crowds would suggest due to the amount they have to pay to use the Kassam and that all match day revenue goes to the stadium management company.
London Exile
Robin wrote:
London Exile wrote:Oxford have invested in their squad significantly this season. I'd heard that they've got the largest budget in L2 this season and whilst we know very well that budget size isn't everything, there's definite quality in that Oxford team
Have they had a sugar daddy come on board? I always understood their budget was much lower than their crowds would suggest due to the amount they have to pay to use the Kassam and that all match day revenue goes to the stadium management company.
I don't know where the money is coming from. Typically the only links I could find today were from Darryl Eales at OUFC saying their budget was around 5th in L2.

I've seen talk on their forums of a new purpose built training ground opposite the kassam and talk of either buying the kassam or moving!
The only money man I know linked with Oxford is the Eastleigh chairman which leads me to think of the long term implications for Eastleigh
Robin
Yes I saw also the Eastleigh chairman is a Oxford fan, if he's investing there then good by Eastleigh as there is no way they are sustainable even at this level.
Johnsons Red Army
Hat-trick tonight.
Shade
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Hat-trick tonight.
Not as good as Dan's 4 though. ;)
Johnsons Red Army
Shade wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Hat-trick tonight.
Not as good as Dan's 4 though. ;)
Certainly not. Dan is the man!