Enjoyed Barrow

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
An enjoyable experience at the ground and how local sport should be. Walking up to the other end and the tea room built on the home terrace next to the stand - just like Scarborough Cricket Club. Friendly stewards. The old boy home fan who shook my hand as he walked across the terrace as he left after the game whilst we sang we are top of the league. A smile on his face chuffed that they gave us a good game.

Better than being penned in like cattle or criminals like you are at some grounds.

Wish them well.
robinsrule
I second that. The locals seemed friendly and there was nothing but good natured banter in the unsegregated main stand. TBH I'm surprised Barrow's home support is not higher - there does not look to be much else to do in the town, especially on a wet day!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Dock Museum was great but yes you wouldn't want to go every weekend!
Robin
Odd place Barrow, small little town with one road in and out - there were chickens in the road the last time I went - miles from anywhere! I do like how well supported they are and that their fans tend to get behind their team though, far better atmosphere than most grounds in this league.