Storer interview.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just reading the official Twitter where Storer is quoted as saying "today was very poor" and that "defeats and draws are not good enough".

Yet to see Ben2 replying telling him he is a cretin or idiot who is over reacting!
Circa 1887
Having read the board, RCS - clearly people are saying the appropriate response it not to declare the season over and that we're destined for the play offs. The appropriate response is that we are going through some poor form and we are capable of getting out of it.

Do you enjoy baiting people, as that's all you seem to do?
asl
Or that every other team are merely cannon-fodder as the enormous Cheltenham Town machine rolls inexorably to the title? No. I've not listened, but I bet he gives credit to the team fighting for survival at the bottom of the table.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:Having read the board, RCS - clearly people are saying the appropriate response it not to declare the season over and that we're destined for the play offs. The appropriate response is that we are going through some poor form and we are capable of getting out of it.

Do you enjoy baiting people, as that's all you seem to do?
I have not commented on our form. In fact I was one of the most positive after the Gateshead and Eastleigh matches as it was one point from two tough games which following the Tranmere result was good.

Nor have I said we are destined for the play-offs. I commented in that thread only to say today was a bad result. I still believe we are champions elect and am looking forward to an enjoyable run in.

Of course we are capable of winning our next games and I think we will. There is nothing wrong with our form and I have not said we are in a blip.

All I have said this evening is that a draw at Welling is an awful result. Fine if you think a draw at Welling is good. I don't and I don't know why saying that the result was dire warrants personal insults.

Shocking result but plenty of games left to get the job done and the best players, manager and team spirit to do it!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:RCS - whilst you and Mal and others clearly crave attention you would go down in my estimation if, when you received it (after a lot of work to get it!), you then claim to be a victim.
I express my view that today was a debacle of a result. Stating an opinion and nothing to do with attention. Last thing I expected was to be called a cretin for doing so then to be accused of claiming to be a victim for doing so and will fight back when I am.

Wonderful season. Love the manager. Love the team. Can't wait to get to my next match or for the rest of the season to unfold. Absolutely atrocious result today. Bring on Boreham Wood!

Cannot say it any simpler than that. Sorry if that is too controversial.
Another_FoD_Robin
I am at a loss how people can say it's appalling we have drew against a Welling side at the wrong end of the table. May I ask.....what right do we have.... What right do we have to say we deserve to be winning the league at a canter with a BRAND NEW SQUAD. Yes we are top and two points clear but what right do we have to say that it's a shambles if we are dropping points against them? I would feel more aggrieved if I was a Tranmere fan. Just because we spent 15 years in the Football League does not mean we deserve to be walking the National League. Judge the squad AFTER 46 or 48 maybe even 49 NATIONAL LEAGUE GAMES. Not now!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Another_FoD_Robin wrote:I am at a loss how people can say it's appalling we have drew against a Welling side at the wrong end of the table. May I ask.....what right do we have.... What right do we have to say we deserve to be winning the league at a canter with a BRAND NEW SQUAD. Yes we are top and two points clear but what right do we have to say that it's a shambles if we are dropping points against them? I would feel more aggrieved if I was a Tranmere fan. Just because we spent 15 years in the Football League does not mean we deserve to be walking the National League. Judge the squad AFTER 46 or 48 maybe even 49 NATIONAL LEAGUE GAMES. Not now!
This has nothing to do with CTFC squad or Tranmere or history or 'deserving' anything. Juat the simple case of the league leaders playing the second bottom side. In almost any league in the land the league leaders not beating the second bottom side would be an awful and unexpected result.