Captain

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

darreno
You have to admire Klye Storer for his honesty (maybe a bit too honest at times). Yes, we seem to think the job is already done, yes we are not the same threat from set pieces without Downes and we miss his leadership too. Yes we should be whipping teams like welling. Yes we need more mental toughness and yes our form not that of champions.
confused.com
I am sure the non cretins will be on soon, telling kyle he is wrong. It was a good point yesterday and to stop being so negative lol
Shade
You will get hounded for a post like that. Everything is absolutely fine and we haven't had an ever increasing dip in performance for the last 6-8 weeks.
Artemis
Shade wrote:You will get hounded for a post like that. Everything is absolutely fine and we haven't had an ever increasing dip in performance for the last 6-8 weeks.
Tranmere and Dover aside, I don't think performances have been great for a while. That said, at the start of the season, they weren't either. Then for a period they were. Chances are, before the end of the season, they'll be back to the highs of the end of 2015. its a form thing.
Malabus
Artemis wrote:
Shade wrote:You will get hounded for a post like that. Everything is absolutely fine and we haven't had an ever increasing dip in performance for the last 6-8 weeks.
Tranmere and Dover aside, I don't think performances have been great for a while. That said, at the start of the season, they weren't either. Then for a period they were. Chances are, before the end of the season, they'll be back to the highs of the end of 2015. its a form thing.
Hope you are right.
London Exile
I do think we'll see a marked difference and improvement in performance from the team come Saturday.
As shade points out, we've not been at peak performance in every single one of our league games to date and I don't think we've had to watch too many battling or below par performances until we got a terrific team performance either.
GJ and the team know what's needed and I'm looking forward to Saturday and hopefully a backlash from the boys.

I'd gladly sacrifice performances though so long as we get another 8 wins
everyman
Kyle is feeling the pressure of expectation,which good teams have to deal with.My worry is that before Jan.we all, including G.J.thought the team would move on to another level (more to come)it hasn`t happened and i worry that perhaps this group are missing the mental strength to deal with the pressure.
Malabus
everyman wrote:Kyle is feeling the pressure of expectation,which good teams have to deal with.My worry is that before Jan.we all, including G.J.thought the team would move on to another level (more to come)it hasn`t happened and i worry that perhaps this group are missing the mental strength to deal with the pressure.
That's where a good sport psychiatrist earns his money.
Reliant Robin
A sports psychologist is the one that analyses personal performances and helps sportsmen to focus on their own individual performance.

A psychiatrist deals with serious mental health issues from a medical perspective.

But I agree, a sports psychologist might make a difference to some members of the team, particularly those who have not had to deal with a pressured finale to a full league season before. But it all costs dosh and you can't force Players to do it.
London Exile
Maybe a bit of a daft idea but what about the club inviting a small group of supporters up to the training ground to meet with the players one afternoon over a tea and coffee for us to tell them how much faith they've restored in supporters?

The fact we had to put up with so much c!#p wearing the red and white going through the motions every Saturday and Tuesday night but now this group have come along and sparked new life into Cheltenham Town.

Maybe just hearing from the fans will be enough to give the lads that spark and see us over the line.
We don't need to look back to see how far we've come, just look forward to see how near we are.
Reliant Robin
I quite like that idea LE

The only slight drawback might be that people couldn't make it during the working/school/college week and if only a small number turned up, it might have the opposite to the desired effect. I've been down to Seasons when I have been off work and there's only ever a small number of people milling about watching.
Shade
Reliant Robin wrote:I quite like that idea LE

The only slight drawback might be that people couldn't make it during the working/school/college week and if only a small number turned up, it might have the opposite to the desired effect. I've been down to Seasons when I have been off work and there's only ever a small number of people milling about watching.
LE did say a small group. I don't think he was on about a big gathering. Just 5 or 6 hardcore fans to express our gratitude for what they've done so far.
London Exile
I was thinking 5-10 but certainly no more than that.
Just a nice cross section of fans to say how much pride they've given us really.

There have been a few boos lately and I think there's confusion about who that was directed at but I believe it's been at the officials and not at the lads. For them to hear that and praise from 5-10
supporters might give them a lift again
everyman
London Exile wrote:Maybe a bit of a daft idea but what about the club inviting a small group of supporters up to the training ground to meet with the players one afternoon over a tea and coffee for us to tell them how much faith they've restored in supporters?

The fact we had to put up with so much c!#p wearing the red and white going through the motions every Saturday and Tuesday night but now this group have come along and sparked new life into Cheltenham Town.

Maybe just hearing from the fans will be enough to give the lads that spark and see us over the line.
We don't need to look back to see how far we've come, just look forward to see how near we are.
As Gary said today the team need the fans making a noise at the game !
robinsrule
Our season is similar to Chelsea's last year. Played great until about January, did enough to win the league by then, then limped across the line.....

Except we haven't won the league yet! Praying for a return to form and a win on Saturday.