Kyle Storer after the 1-0 defeat at Braintree

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video here: http://bit.ly/StorerBraintree" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Horteng
But naive to say we're still top Kyle.
Oldun
Or even truthful!
Horteng
Oldun wrote:Or even truthful!
Yes obviously but naive not to recognise the reality of it now only being by a point with current (relegation) form
Oldun
If you look at the last five games you can call it relegation form......If you look at the last 39 it is a tad brighter! Storer tells it how it is. Disappointed obviously, but hey ho.....where are we.....Oh yes....TOP!
However, it means nothing on March 19th does it? We have to assume that Gary is on the case and that he will be able to sort it. Just wondering (and hoping) if the sending off of Carter is a change of luck for FG (Cue, much clutching of straw!)
London Exile
I wonder if, despite saying there won't be any new faces (Dickie aside) if he might be tempted by another loan signing?
It doesn't have to be a knee jerk signing but Gary and Pete strike me as people with a lot of irons in a lot of fires and with our lead being just 1 point, it's vital we keep our nose out in front
Oldun
When will Dayton be back? Think he is missed in terms of offering a variation if we need to chase a goal.
London Exile
Oldun wrote:When will Dayton be back? Think he is missed in terms of offering a variation if we need to chase a goal.
James Young said on Twitter pre match that Dayton was involved in the warm up today and looked lively.
Hopefully he's in contention for Friday and Dickie if he comes through the Reading U21 game on Monday
solihullkev
"Another game ticked off"

Extraordinary comment.
Robin
It's true though, with each passing weak FGR have less games to catch us, even with our current wobble they have failed to over take us and we have proven already we are capable of winning six games on the spin.
asl
But the points predictions on here for what FGR will get have proved wildly inaccurate. Pressure on them? I don't think so!
Reliant Robin
Robin wrote:It's true though, with each passing weak FGR have less games to catch us, even with our current wobble they have failed to over take us and we have proven already we are capable of winning six games on the spin.
I'm with Robin. CTFC can still afford to lose one remaining game, Forest Green Rovers cannot afford to draw a remaining game if we lose one and win the rest. We are still in the driving seat and as Robin says, it's another game less that FGR have available to dictate the outcome.

We have to stay behind Gary and the Lads. Braintree was always going to be a tough game, as they gave us one of our sternest tests at WOS, Whaddon Road.
solihullkev
Let's see, but we have a number of challenging fixtures and I can find no redeeming features about yesterday's performance. If people take comfort from the fact FGR only drew so be it, but I would suggest they will be the happier team from yesterday's results.
Robin
Yes they probably will be Kev however they still have marginally the harder fixtures with tricky trips to Dover/Braintree and home to Wrexham.
I-Love-CTFC
Storer has been poor for quite a few games now but Johnson won't drop him as he's captain.
everyman
solihullkev wrote:Let's see, but we have a number of challenging fixtures and I can find no redeeming features about yesterday's performance. If people take comfort from the fact FGR only drew so be it, but I would suggest they will be the happier team from yesterday's results.
I wonder if the players have thought about the consequences of failure,new club,new team-mates relocation and the possibility of not playing every week.
Shade
For me it's all about the midfield, this less than great run. We haven't conceded 2 goals in a game during it, so the defence is still working well, and our strikers have 17 in the last 11 between them. I think as soon as Dayts is fit he needs to be back in there, and Pell needs to replace either Hall or Storer - they both need a rest, really, I think.
Robin
I agree that midfield is probably where we have been lacking, I'd like to go back to three in the centre with Pell, Storer and Munns and Rowe/Dayton able to come on if we need to unlock defences.
Artemis
I think we'll see three in the middle against Boreham Wood; Pell, Storer and Munns. Morgs, and the two Dans up front.
Horteng
Robin wrote:It's true though, with each passing weak FGR have less games to catch us, even with our current wobble they have failed to over take us and we have proven already we are capable of winning six games on the spin.
FGR are gaining ground on us Robin

We really need to arrest the slump or we will hand it to them on a plate