Come on Wrexham

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
Am I the only one that doesn't want them to get promotion via any means?? They have the same feel as Rushden to them.
Ralph
Reliant Robin wrote: OTC has been remarkably quiet of late as realisation has probably even dawned on him that Pennock is just not up to it.
I called him out on his BS posts about us on the FGR forum. Heard from a couple of posters there that he was actually a Cheltenham fan in past years but when DV appeared at FG he decided to jump ship to them hahaha
Ralph
ctfc-fan wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't want them to get promotion via any means?? They have the same feel as Rushden to them.
I'm with you
Malabus
Like to see two Gloucestershire side in the football league.
Sprout Picker
Ralph wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote: OTC has been remarkably quiet of late as realisation has probably even dawned on him that Pennock is just not up to it.
I called him out on his BS posts about us on the FGR forum. Heard from a couple of posters there that he was actually a Cheltenham fan in past years but when DV appeared at FG he decided to jump ship to them hahaha
OTC - Original Turn Coat?! :)
Malabus
Some reason Grimsby have fallen to the bottom @350/1...apart from FGR the rest are void.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016040 ... d8c20d.jpg[/img]
nickyjordan
I cant see how Forest Green can survive in the league. Fine while someone wants to throw money at it but that wont last.
Robin
To be fair to Old Tom Cat he supports both teams and was always open about that, he came here when Forest Green were away.
Ralph
His main team is FG now although I'm sure he will turn again when we win the league
Hubert Parry
I decided, quite literally at the last minute, to make the game.

Firstly, I could not believe how dead the place was. It felt like a pre-season friendly, briefly punctuated by some chanting from the Wrexham supporters. Just compare the activity before the game with ours before Grimsby - we had rousing videos, pleas for support, and a carnival atmosphere. Forest Green had a couple of balloons.

Then, I immediately remembered why I wasn't so keen to return to FGR after my first experience when we played there - the PA announcer! He really did my head in - and the noise he made was deafening. Perhaps he was trying to compensate for the completely vacuous atmosphere - in a similar way that some car drivers compensate for their lack of prowess in the bedroom by revving their engines at every opportunity.

As for the game itself - it rivalled our home match against Gateshead. FGR showed no invention and no real urgency to score before it was far too late. Wrexham were very ineffective and I can't understand how we managed to concede two against them. Two red cards later, and surely FGR had to score? No - and there wasn't really any threat either - even when 'and please welcome JONNNNNNNNNN PARKINNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!' came on.

I took great delight in cheering at the final whistle to the bemusement of some of the FGR support, and also enjoyed chanting a few CTFC songs with my mate as we drove down the hill.

FGR don't deserve a Football League club - a mere 1,700 home supporters turned up for one of their biggest matches, and it is a club built on a foundation of sand.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:I decided, quite literally at the last minute, to make the game.

Firstly, I could not believe how dead the place was. It felt like a pre-season friendly, briefly punctuated by some chanting from the Wrexham supporters. Just compare the activity before the game with ours before Grimsby - we had rousing videos, pleas for support, and a carnival atmosphere. Forest Green had a couple of balloons.

Then, I immediately remembered why I wasn't so keen to return to FGR after my first experience when we played there - the PA announcer! He really did my head in - and the noise he made was deafening. Perhaps he was trying to compensate for the completely vacuous atmosphere - in a similar way that some car drivers compensate for their lack of prowess in the bedroom by revving their engines at every opportunity.

As for the game itself - it rivalled our home match against Gateshead. FGR showed no invention and no real urgency to score before it was far too late. Wrexham were very ineffective and I can't understand how we managed to concede two against them. Two red cards later, and surely FGR had to score? No - and there wasn't really any threat either - even when 'and please welcome JONNNNNNNNNN PARKINNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!' came on.

I took great delight in cheering at the final whistle to the bemusement of some of the FGR support, and also enjoyed chanting a few CTFC songs with my mate as we drove down the hill.

FGR don't deserve a Football League club - a mere 1,700 home supporters turned up for one of their biggest matches, and it is a club built on a foundation of sand.
F*ck Forest Green.
Fuller
Hubert Parry wrote:I decided, quite literally at the last minute, to make the game.

What's that ? Some people drive their cars around their bedroom ? ....
Robin
To be fair FGR is just not that type of club, they are a sleepy little club who for long periods punched well above their weight and managed it with a lot of dignity. They've long been a second team for many Cheltenham fans and while the last few years Vince money has transformed them (doubling their average gates) and helping them challenge for the league I think everyone apart from OTC can see it's unsustainable and they will sink like Crawley will also.
drgm
The announcer at FGR is a joke. No one can be that excited about David Pipe coming on.
Another version of Rushden but without the support.
King giraffe iii
PA announcer is little more than a kid. He's enthusiastic, that's all. He'll become as cynical as me at the end of the season when he sees how Pennock messed up what looked like a very strong position.

You conceded 2 against us because, back then, we utilised wingers. Now they are put out on the pitch but never given the ball.
Benctfc
It is a shame as some of the older FGR fans seem like a decent bunch and are proper football fans. I so thankful to support a club who do things the right way on and off the field and spend within their means. There is only one proper club in Gloucestershire and that is us money can't buy you fans and spirit something we have in abundance. Cheltenham till I die!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Can't believe they have the cheek to put 'Pride of Gloucestershire' on their scarves.
Horteng
They're PA announcer is Richard Joyce. He sounds absolutely ridiculous
andgarod
I assume that Richard Joyce is related to William Joyce aka Lord Haw Haw

I expect that because hes loud he thinks hes good
Im surprised that DV allows this as the decibels most damage human ear drums and certainly causes noise pollution
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Here he is: https://twitter.com/RichardDJoyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Here he is: https://twitter.com/RichardDJoyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To be fair to him, he probably will not sound half as bad once his voice breaks
Shade
:lol: Nice twitter post about him being a screaming idiot. Is that Hubert?