Nail in the coffin for remainders.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Shocking new evidence.

A pact between David Cameron and big business to scare Britain into staying in the EU was exposed last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... leave.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How can you vote corruption. #VoteLeave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Why do you always go on about the remain campaign, rather than telling us positive reasons on why we should vote leave?

Pact or no pact, at least they are telling us why they think we should stay. Can you tell us what you think will happen if we leave....
Malabus
I tell you what will happen. We will tell Brussels to bugger off and prosper as a nation once again making our own rules; controlling our borders and putting 55 million pounds we waste every day to the EU back to the British people.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:I tell you what will happen. We will tell Brussels to bugger off and prosper as a nation once again making our own rules; controlling our borders and putting 55 million pounds we waste every day to the EU back to the British people.
And what does that look like in terms of trade and jobs? You need to go deeper than one-line sound-bites and rhetoric to convince those who want to hear detailed arguments before voting.

You can go on about the idea of 'controlling borders' all you like; that is pretty vague as an idea and is irrelevant to me. Immigration per se will play no part in my decision.

What I want to know is will there be demand for British goods and services and workers to fulfil that demand? Will Britain become more innovative and progressive than the EU in terms of industrial technology and R&D, regional capital investment, renewable energy and workers' rights, or will we be left behind as a laggard?
asl
The immigration I'm most concerned about is actually from non-EU countries. The flood of cheap, poorly trained, Indian grads, straight out of IT boot camp with little or no real-World experience take away huge numbers of jobs from people in my line of work. Big companies fall for it time and time again because they get sold 20 developers for the price of one experienced guy, regardless of the fact that the 20 will take longer and produce poorer results. False economy and it amazes me every project I see.

Anyway, how will your 'control of our own borders' Utopia prevent that?
Malabus
And there will be WW3; 100 years of recession, the Black Death will return and Satan will raise his left hand and unleash a demonic army upon these lands.
Judge_Dreddful
Malabus wrote:And there will be WW3; 100 years of recession, the Black Death will return and Satan will raise his left hand and unleash a demonic army upon these lands.
But other than that everything will be ok...?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Judge_Dreddful wrote:
Malabus wrote:And there will be WW3; 100 years of recession, the Black Death will return and Satan will raise his left hand and unleash a demonic army upon these lands.
But other than that everything will be ok...?
Is Mal secretly Tyson Fury?
Malabus
If Cameron actions couldn't get more shocking.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... peech.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No wonder the Queen is on the #VoteLeave Boris battle bus.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... referendum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kora
The tabloid press, and that very much includes the Mail and the Express, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. People slag off the Sun, but everyone knows it's a comic; the Mail And Express pretend to be real newspapers when in fact they carry more lies and bullshit than any of the "comics".
Malabus
kora wrote:The tabloid press, and that very much includes the Mail and the Express, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. People slag off the Sun, but everyone knows it's a comic; the Mail And Express pretend to be real newspapers when in fact they carry more lies and bullshit than any of the "comics".
I never known a Daily Express headline NOT to end up truthful eventually. Great patriotic newspaper.
asl
I received a mailshot a couple of days ago detailing what 'independent' experts are saying about the referendum. Even though I knew instantly the particular bias, it took me ages to find the very faint, tiny font that said it was from the 'Better In' campaign. 'Independent' my arse.

I've still not been convinced by any of the arguments, one way or the other. Both sides are clearly guilty of blatant exaggeration, scare-mongering and downright lies to try to get the vote their way. As a result, I can only vote to maintain the status quo - purely on the basis of "better the Devil you know." 34 days left to come up with a coherent argument for leaving: if such a trump card exists, surely they'd have played it by now...?
Si Robin
Exactly where I am asl.
Shade
The only thing we know for sure...I think...is that people from the EU will eventually find it harder to come and live in the UK if we leave. Anything to do with economics is purely guesswork, be it educated guesswork from a graduate of somewhere or Dave the white van man pulling stats out of his ass at a lay-by burger van on the A170.
Si Robin
Shade wrote:The only thing we know for sure...I think...is that people from the EU will eventually find it harder to come and live in the UK if we leave. Anything to do with economics is purely guesswork, be it educated guesswork from a graduate of somewhere or Dave the white van man pulling stats out of his ass at a lay-by burger van on the A170.
And vice-versa of course.
Shade
Si Robin wrote:
Shade wrote:The only thing we know for sure...I think...is that people from the EU will eventually find it harder to come and live in the UK if we leave. Anything to do with economics is purely guesswork, be it educated guesswork from a graduate of somewhere or Dave the white van man pulling stats out of his ass at a lay-by burger van on the A170.
And vice-versa of course.
We can but dream.
Malabus
Nothing will change. We need (controlled) immigration. The question should Brussels control our borders or UK border control where we can allow immigration with the tool of control.
Too much uncontrolled immigration will topple any country or state. It's just negative for everyone : strain on services; housing and over population.

View/read the Vienna Convention of diplomatic relations....people still have rights to roam and be protected with the EU or not. British ex-pats will still be allowed to stay in Spain e.t.c.

Art 37 (Vienna Convention for diplomatic relations 1961).

"The family members of a diplomat that are living in the host country enjoy most of the same protections as the diplomats themselves."

The information is out there. #VOTELEAVE
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Nothing will change. We need (controlled) immigration. The question should Brussels control our borders or UK border control where we can allow immigration with the tool of control.
Too much uncontrolled immigration will topple any country or state. It's just negative for everyone : strain on services; housing and over population.

View/read the Vienna Convention of diplomatic relations....people still have rights to roam and be protected with the EU or not. British ex-pats will still be allowed to stay in Spain e.t.c.

"The family members of a diplomat that are living in the host country enjoy most of the same protections as the diplomats themselves."

Why on earth are you talking about diplomats? The UK only has a couple of diplomats in any one country. What have a few ambassadors and consulates got to do with anything?
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Nothing will change. We need (controlled) immigration. The question should Brussels control our borders or UK border control where we can allow immigration with the tool of control.

Why on earth are you talking about diplomats? The UK only has a couple of diplomats in any one country. What have a few ambassadors and consulates got to do with anything?
Diplomats or lower. Thought that would be obvious.
Malabus
How can we continue in the EU ...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rbles.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
LOL looks like the Mail 'news' desk went overboard with this website when coming up with that headline:

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
We must #VoteLeave

Red Duke
The headline states 12 million say but then it refers to a poll. What a load of rubbish. I suspect that they asked maybe 7 people and 1 one said, yes. He was an unemployed student. Factor in the population of Turkey and hey presto, you get the headline.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great interview with the head of the NHS on Andrew Marr this morning.

A lot more grounded in evidence and fact and weighing up of pros and cons than sensationalist nonsense like that Express headline.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Great interview with the head of the NHS on Andrew Marr this morning.

A lot more grounded in evidence and fact and weighing up of pros and cons than sensationalist nonsense like that Express headline.
It's not all about economics. It's about freedom.

If you want to discuss finances then look into what we could do with the 55 million pounds PER DAY to the vile EU. Calculate how much we can give back to Britain...also we can control our own borders putting less strain on the system.

#VOTELEAVE

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
That is 55 million gross not net so an inaccurate figure.

Here is the NHS view, so readers can have some information about real life issues:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... th-service" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, sensible Vote Leave leaders risk seeing their arguments discredited by the racist Express and nutjob bigots like Mal.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ity-threat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a result more Conservatives back Remain:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... erver-poll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Malabus, if you concede that Leave is not about economics then tell us in actual sentences with meaning what Leave will bring us? Don't just state cliched words like 'freedom' and 'control our borders' tell us what post-Brexit will be like and what we can look forward too in terms of society.
Malabus
Please read this great article. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c4be5 ... f1fed476a5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Looks interesting Mal. Unfortunately I can't read it all without paying.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Looks interesting Mal. Unfortunately I can't read it all without paying.
Apologise...I had a free trial.

Back on track!...How can people trust Osbourne and Cameron. People are seeing through these two clowns.
They lied their way to get power and it's the same old record again.

#VoteLeave
Red Duke
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Looks interesting Mal. Unfortunately I can't read it all without paying.
Apologise...I had a free trial.

Back on track!...How can people trust Osbourne and Cameron. People are seeing through these two clowns.
They lied their way to get power and it's the same old record again.

#VoteLeave
The only problem with the statement is that you could put any two politician names into it and it would still be true.
kora
Similarly how can you even listen to opportunistic morons like Farage, Johnson or Gove. And talking of opportunistic morons, I believe Trump also backs Brexit. Nuff said.
Malabus
kora wrote:Similarly how can you even listen to opportunistic morons like Farage, Johnson or Gove. And talking of opportunistic morons, I believe Trump also backs Brexit. Nuff said.
Trump will save the western world. Someone have to do something. Iron fist is the medicine.
Malabus
A wonderful piece, truly brilliant : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... c-age.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
#VOTELEAVE

Mal, they also fought to defeat a fascist leader from Austria and stand up for human decency.

Your embrace of fascist leaders across Europe goes against everything Britain has ever stood and fought for.