Kyle Storer - banned

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Circa 1887
The incident was right in front of me. I wasn't exactly fearing for Kyle's safety and well being. Truth be told, I thought it was just hand bags. It was over in seconds. You've completely over analysed it in an attempt to justify his actions.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I never said it was not over in seconds.

I am not justifying his actions: they were not on.

All I am doing is countering the OTT reaction from fans making him out to be an animal who should be sacked.

He has got a lengthy ban. Is that not enough? Let us move on and look forward to him making his football league debut with a rousing reception from the fans.
Circa 1887
I agree with all of that, but there is no point in getting all high and mighty about the behaviour of the Lincoln player. He didn't do an awful lot wrong, Storer saw red and lost his head. He has got a fair punishment, there is no FA agenda, there is nothing more to it.
milestones
Totally agree with RCS on this one .

The reaction of some people to this incident has been completely over the top and out of proportion to the known facts, such as they are.
It was a momentary struggle between two highly motivated individuals and not a premeditated attack.
If the other guy had his arm across KS’s face as seems may have been the case, he’s hardly going to say ‘excuse me would you mind moving your arm, I can’t breath ’.

In retrospect everybody can see that there was probably a better way of dealing with it but it ain’t half easy to be wise after the event.

Give the guy a break. If he had not been honest about it but instead had simply denied it, we would probably not be discussing it now!
asl
milestones wrote:The reaction of some people to this incident has been completely over the top and out of proportion to the known facts, such as they are.
"He bit me!"

"Yes, I admit it - I bit him. Sorry."

Yea, I can appreciate how unclear the facts are...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
milestones wrote:The reaction of some people to this incident has been completely over the top and out of proportion to the known facts, such as they are.
"He bit me!"

"Yes, I admit it - I bit him. Sorry."

Yea, I can appreciate how unclear the facts are...
Milestones did not say the facts were unclear. You have again stated the facts such as they are and which we all know. The discussion is about the reaction of posters on here to KS actions.
The Old TomCat
"Non League Forum"
http://onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php ... ost-425878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He admitted his guilt, has scarred our player but a Cheltenham fan has been abusing Bradley's kids on twitter WTF!!!
Disgusting thing to do! Were stories going round at the time he had bitten him.
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/s...p ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andgarod
now crawl back under your stone OTC
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:"Non League Forum"
http://onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php ... ost-425878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He admitted his guilt, has scarred our player but a Cheltenham fan has been abusing Bradley's kids on twitter WTF!!!
Disgusting thing to do! Were stories going round at the time he had bitten him.
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/s...p ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thought you weren't posting on here again Old Turn Coat.. go back to your vegan forum lol
Btw as you are quoting someone else's post in it's entirety, you should mention that
Circa 1887
I for one think the punishment fits the crime, and nothing more needs doing given it's a first offence of this nature, for Storer. We move on and all expect better conduct in the future.

I do think that trying to shift attention to Bradley, or trying to justify Storer's actions as an appropriate response, is very weak. Having witnessed the incident, nothing about Bradley's behaviour justifies biting him. Simple as that.
asl
Completely agree, Circa - and that's precisely why I've laboured the point. An 8 match ban is harsh but not without precedence. There's no mitigation to be had, no justification, no call for the Lincoln player to be blamed. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson and we can look forward to seeing him in October.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Time to draw a line and look forward to the summer.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Time to draw a line and look forward to the summer.
Hurrah!
The Old TomCat
andgarod wrote:now crawl back under your stone OTC
Actually it is you who has your head in the sand. This forum was alerted that a Cheltenham Town paedophile was harassing the children of the Lincoln player and nobody had posted a condemnation of this pervert.
I offer no apology for my post. I have never bitten anybody or written offensive Twitter messages to a child so I can and do hold my head high.
If you bother replying I sincerely hope that you condemn this pervert who is posting on Twitter as an alleged Cheltenham Town supporter.
andgarod
As I dont do twitter or other media I have no comment to make on your allegations

I assume you have reported the matter to the police and while your AT IT sling your hook
Malabus
OTC is a lovely chap. The unsavoury abuse towards him isn't right. Give it a rest.
The Old TomCat
andgarod wrote:As I dont do twitter or other media I have no comment to make on your allegations

I assume you have reported the matter to the police and while your AT IT sling your hook
NO to both of your suggestions.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Actually it is you who has your head in the sand. This forum was alerted that a Cheltenham Town paedophile was harassing the children of the Lincoln player and nobody had posted a condemnation of this pervert.
I offer no apology for my post. I have never bitten anybody or written offensive Twitter messages to a child so I can and do hold my head high.
If you bother replying I sincerely hope that you condemn this pervert who is posting on Twitter as an alleged Cheltenham Town supporter.
Maybe if you tell us what was said and who by we might condemn it. I have no idea what you are on about
Robin
The Old TomCat wrote:
That is a very strong allegation and I see no evidence to back it up. Please becareful what you write and consider this a warning.
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
That is a very strong allegation and I see no evidence to back it up. Please becareful what you write and consider this a warning.
Interesting response Robin,
You should go back to start of this thread which began with Storer admitting biting a Lincoln player. The initial reaction was rejection that he actually committed the crime and then that the Lincoln player was partly to blame.
Posters said they had not seen what happened, so I supplied a video link of incident and also a link of the Lincoln newspaper where that player gave his side of the incident.
While checking this link I noticed the post about a guy harassing the child of Lincoln player. I then added this post (with link) on this thread without comment. I did that so you guys were aware what was being written on another forum and not as a criticism of club or honest supporters.
However Angarod did not have the nous to understand that and posted something quite unhelpful.
Okay I gave a very strongly worded reply in correcting him which perhaps I shouldn't but all the same I hold fast the sentiments stated. If the situation had been reversed and a supporter of another club was giving a Cheltenham Town's children grief because of what their daddy does for a living I can guarantee that everybody here would be hopping mad.
I hope this clears it up satisfactorily for you.

As regards the biting incident, which I have not commented upon, I have sympathy for both players. Eight games out for an instinctive reaction during play is harsh. Players who have attempted to seriously injure opponents usually only receive a three game ban.
Spitting and biting is looked upon with horror by the football officials supposedly because of alleged dangerous infections in a players mouth. I have yet to read of anybody getting seriously ill because somebody spat or bit them; even drawing blood as Storer did.
What he did is not unusual (apart from the biting act) when emotions are heightened during play. Indeed did not senior experienced manager Alan Pardew nut an opposition player during a game.
We've all seen player getting booked for kicking the ball away in anger when the referee blows up against him.
The last video shows Storer very contrite for his actions as well he should be. I'm pretty sure he's been trained not to allow his emotions affect the team during a game. His colleagues would not be happy if he had been sent off and they had lost the game and their win bonus.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
OTC I can still only see the one mention by a Lincoln fan on that forum of the alleged abuse by the CTFC fan. Do you have any further info on what was said and by whom?
Shade
Yeah OTC, I'm pretty sure the query is you calling somebody a "Cheltenham Town paedophile" and pervert when there have apparently only been allegations made. We know all the other c!#p about Storer by now.
Ralph
It's time for Old TurnCoat to scurry off to his own forum.. I think his time here is done
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OTC I can still only see the one mention by a Lincoln fan on that forum of the alleged abuse by the CTFC fan. Do you have any further info on what was said and by whom?
The info came from the Lincoln Town players own Twitter feed.
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:Yeah OTC, I'm pretty sure the query is you calling somebody a "Cheltenham Town paedophile" and pervert when there have apparently only been allegations made. We know all the other c!#p about Storer by now.
That bloke, whoever he be, is bringing the good name of CTFC into disrepute.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:It's time for Old TurnCoat to scurry off to his own forum.. I think his time here is done
This is my forum.
I've probably watched more games at WR for a longer period than some who comment here.
I attended most games at WR during CTFCs relegation year.
I was on the terrace standing next to the Red Army singing my heart out for Cheltenham.
Last season when both FGR and CTFC were in same league, I still attended more than a few games even though I'm a FGR season ticket holder.
I will again stand on the terrace whenever possible supporting CTFC during the forthcoming season.
I am in fact a better friend to CTFC than some who have just joined because CTFC were top of table.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OTC I can still only see the one mention by a Lincoln fan on that forum of the alleged abuse by the CTFC fan. Do you have any further info on what was said and by whom?
The info came from the Lincoln Town players own Twitter feed.
What was said and what was the CTFC fan's twitter name?
Robin
The Old TomCat wrote:
Shade wrote:Yeah OTC, I'm pretty sure the query is you calling somebody a "Cheltenham Town paedophile" and pervert when there have apparently only been allegations made. We know all the other c!#p about Storer by now.
That bloke, whoever he be, is bringing the good name of CTFC into disrepute.
Again evidence please.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ralph wrote:It's time for Old TurnCoat to scurry off to his own forum.. I think his time here is done
This is my forum.
I've probably watched more games at WR for a longer period than some who comment here.
I attended most games at WR during CTFCs relegation year.
I was on the terrace standing next to the Red Army singing my heart out for Cheltenham.
Last season when both FGR and CTFC were in same league, I still attended more than a few games even though I'm a FGR season ticket holder.
I will again stand on the terrace whenever possible supporting CTFC during the forthcoming season.
I am in fact a better friend to CTFC than some who have just joined because CTFC were top of table.

Was your forum.. You left us and scurried under the rock at FGR. I've read and posted on here some of the BS you have posted about CTFC on the FGR forum..
The Old TomCat
Further thoughts on your post. Nobody on this forum can complain about language because the CTFC fans repeatedly sang “F*ck, Forest Green Rovers” last season and a few on this site proudly bragged about doing so.
The post you refer to was in response to an unnecessary unpleasant post directed at me by Angarod, who I note has not been with this forum for as long as both of us. We have both been watching CTFC in good and poor seasons but I wonder if he only started watching since Cheltenham topped table and will disappear should CTFC have a bad season?
I don't withdraw the fact that I'm appalled that a guy claiming to be a Cheltenham Town supporter is harassing a child. I am surprised that I'm the only one to condemn this guy on behalf of you all. I'm sure that you don't condone his actions.

Ralph wrote:

Was your forum.. You left us and scurried under the rock at FGR. I've read and posted on here some of the BS you have posted about CTFC on the FGR forum..

Ralph, you are down on this site as a moderator but it seems that you are the worst offender for nasty posts.
You have trawled through my posts and reposted some of them but nowhere NOWHERE have I put down CTFC.
I do plead guilty to correcting posts about FGR that you deem BS, but so be it.
BTW how many games at WR did you attend last season?
I bet not as many as me so I actually have more right to post here than you.

Robin:
Again evidence please.

His twitter is @bradleywood19 and the tweet is from June 3
https://twitter.com/bradleywood19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Further thoughts on your post. Nobody on this forum can complain about language because the CTFC fans repeatedly sang “F*ck, Forest Green Rovers” last season and a few on this site proudly bragged about doing so.
The post you refer to was in response to an unnecessary unpleasant post directed at me by Angarod, who I note has not been with this forum for as long as both of us. We have both been watching CTFC in good and poor seasons but I wonder if he only started watching since Cheltenham topped table and will disappear should CTFC have a bad season?
I don't withdraw the fact that I'm appalled that a guy claiming to be a Cheltenham Town supporter is harassing a child. I am surprised that I'm the only one to condemn this guy on behalf of you all. I'm sure that you don't condone his actions.

Ralph wrote:

Ralph, you are down on this site as a moderator but it seems that you are the worst offender for nasty posts.
You have trawled through my posts and reposted some of them but nowhere NOWHERE have I put down CTFC.

Robin:
Again evidence please.

https://twitter.com/bradleywood19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So no evidence of what was said or who said it.

How do you conclude the CTFC moron who we do not condone (if what is alleged is true) is a "paedophile" and "pervert" rather than just an idiot?
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:

Ralph wrote:

Robin:
Again evidence please.

tick tock, tick tock....
Si Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Ralph wrote:

Robin:
Again evidence please.

So no evidence of what was said or who said it.

How do you conclude the CTFC moron who we do not condone (if what is alleged is true) is a "paedophile" and "pervert" rather than just an idiot?
Agree RCS. No-one should be criticising Bradley Wood for this incident at all, and to bring his family into it is deplorable, but I've seen nothing at all that relates to the idiot being either a paedophile or pervert.

For once, Robin is bang on the money. Serious allegations like that should have no place on here.