Two players leave

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/PairLeave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
interesting to see the keepers going. Doesn't sound like he set the world on fire. Get the Wolves guy back if need be
Robin
The WBA lad looked shakey when we played Barnsley, didn't look up to it based on that game at least.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Which two players?
andgarod
Theres a couple of clues

One is goalkeeper, the other is in the link or check the OS and if it isnt up to date then click the link

Are you fishing or just out of touch
confused.com
andgarod wrote:Theres a couple of clues

One is goalkeeper, the other is in the link or check the OS and if it isnt up to date then click the link

Jaysus would it not just have been a lot easier to be helpful and give the name. Awkward for the sake of it
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Which two players?
click the link and you'll find out
Ralph
confused.com wrote:
andgarod wrote:Theres a couple of clues

Jaysus would it not just have been a lot easier to be helpful and give the name. Awkward for the sake of it
no, cos he's just being RCS...
Horteng
Get Flatty back!
Ralph
Spot on Horteng!
Robin
Dillon is coming guys (at least I hope so), Flatt for me was nowhere near the same level (although he did a solid job for us).
London Exile
Robin wrote:Dillon is coming guys (at least I hope so), Flatt for me was nowhere near the same level (although he did a solid job for us).
I hope this is right.
I see JP had tweeted he could possibly play tomorrow night
tunnelvision
Robin wrote:Dillon is coming guys (at least I hope so), Flatt for me was nowhere near the same level (although he did a solid job for us).
Thought Rose was OK, although at fault for goal against Barnsley. If we're letting him go, then can only hope that Dillon is returning. :-)

I wasn't impressed by Flatt!
Artemis
Personally, I thought Flatty was as good as Dillon - a rock in the run-in. I'd be happy with either - I'd be even happier with our own permanent #1, but I appreciate that GJ wants the use the loan system to get his #1 keeper, and have the second keeper as our player, simply because you won't get a parent club to loan a keeper for them to be on the bench - or at least not one that's likely to be good enough.
Ralph
London Exile wrote:
I hope this is right.
Flatty did incredible to come right into the team when the pressure was on and get the job done. I think he was right up there with Dillon. Hey we could have got the WBA keeper and been totally screwed
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Which two players?
click the link and you'll find out
You advised Ben2 and others who 'whined' not to click the links if they didn't want to encounter adverts.

I was advised that threads started with a link would not impede sebsible debate.

So I did not click the link and asked a sensible question to discuss the issue, only for criticism and farce to ensue.

Which two players? I saw about Dale in the other thread.
London Exile
Jack Rose and Andreas Komodikis are the two players leaving after trial spells.
Horteng
Ralph wrote:
London Exile wrote:
I hope this is right.
Flatty did incredible to come right into the team when the pressure was on and get the job done. I think he was right up there with Dillon. Hey we could have got the WBA keeper and been totally screwed
^^ This

He had some big boots to fill both on and off the pitch and he did it with ease

Gary did seem to think he will be the No 2 at Wolves this season however so whether he'd be available remains a doubt
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
London Exile wrote:Jack Rose and Andreas Komodikis are the two players leaving after trial spells.
Cheers. Probably for the best.

Agree with the comments re: Flatt. He featured in a couple of our TV games and the commentators rated him.
horlickfanclub
Flatt was on a par with Dillon. Because the team played as a unit neither keeper was ever under siege so maybe we need to see how this season pans out for them.
Shade
I would disagree and say Phillips is the all round better goalkeeper of the two, but that doesn't mean Flatt isn't a good keeper, just that Phillips is a very good keeper.