So how was the ref on Saturday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
After dire warnings etc from certain posters, I thought he was fair
We probably got the rub of the green on a couple of occasions
Reliant Robin
He looks like he's one of the younger Refs on the circuit - but I don't remember a moment in the game where the fans remonstrated about any of his decisions. I do remember thinking to myself straight after the game that I couldn't remember much about his impact either negatively or positively and took that to mean he must have got the vast majority of his decisions right because there were no moments of controversy. I detest games where the Ref has the whistle permanently in his mouth and spoils the flow, so I'm thinking he must have done a decent job because the game flowed ... or to be more precise, on our pitch, the game bobbled ... a lot ;)
Oldun
Excellent ref. Think players had been told that there was to be no backchat and no arguments so every decision was uncontested and game was allowed to flow.....well as best it could with those players on that surface!
Ref gets 10 from me. Remember the name...Mr Toner
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A few clear decisions in Hartlepool's favour, especially early second half after the suspicious delay to the officials coming out. Though luckily Pool were not good enough to capitalise. No really influential decisions, luckily. I suppose they wouldn't dare after it was raised as such a prominent issue leading up to the game.
Shade
He was a bit niggly but seemed to ease up a bit as the game went on. I hope the rule regarding striker being climbed all over is sorted out for next season - it's been a joke watching Wright being clambered on all season and not winning a single free-kick. It's happened at both ends though, so not just us.