Tuesday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Benctfc
I hope to see us give some players who have yet to feature much a chance on Tuesday. The likes of Thomas,Lloyd,Broom,Smith,Forster,Kalala all need a chance to start and press a claim for a spot in the first team.

On a sidenote i'm surprised we are pricing it as the same as a league match £21 for a league cup first round is rediculous. Most other clubs seem to have reduced prices.
theidlerich
....not just the team management getting it wrong then, the admin team as well...

For the few that may make the journey £10 max!!!!!
Red Duke
Aren't the prices at cup ties governed by the away side? Something on lines of it is at the standard league price but can be reduced if the away side agrees. If they don't, it has to be at full price.
theidlerich
Red Duke wrote:Aren't the prices at cup ties governed by the away side? Something on lines of it is at the standard league price but can be reduced if the away side agrees. If they don't, it has to be at full price.
.....therefore one can assume Colchester wish to play behind the 'mythical closed doors' !
....if it was a fiver for Seniors and a tenner for adults I may have been tempted to see CTFC 2nd XI with a view to see who may step up!! But as it is I'll rely on the posters here :)
Benctfc
I thought the whole point of having someone on the board from the trust was to get these type of issues raised. It seems since the trust has joined the board fan relationship with the club has drifted away not grown closer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benctfc wrote:I thought the whole point of having someone on the board from the trust was to get these type of issues raised. It seems since the trust has joined the board fan relationship with the club has drifted away not grown closer.
Is that the Club’s fault? All they can do is speak to the FED in Board meetings. It is the role of the FED to engage the Trust and fans.
asl
It might help if we had reason to expect value for money.
Dave Beesley
Hi All,
I don't tend to post on here too often, but I do feel the Trust is being misrepresented here.
I am the FED, and I did raise the Trust position that prices shouldn't be full league rates. But the board reached a majority decision to do so and I respected that.
Due to confidentiality rules I am bound to, I can't provide a report on everything I say and do. But the Trust and myself do represent you at board level.
Benctfc
Dave Beesley wrote:Hi All,
I don't tend to post on here too often, but I do feel the Trust is being misrepresented here.
I am the FED, and I did raise the Trust position that prices shouldn't be full league rates. But the board reached a majority decision to do so and I respected that.
Due to confidentiality rules I am bound to, I can't provide a report on everything I say and do. But the Trust and myself do represent you at board level.
Thanks for the clarification Dave and apologies for suggesting the trust hadn't put forward the fans wishes. It would appear the board are completely out of touch with reality if they think charging high prices for a cup game is a good idea.
asl
Benctfc wrote:It would appear the board are completely out of touch with reality if they think charging high prices for a cup game is a good idea.
1500 die-hards will probably attend, paying an average of, say, £13 each. Given the run of form we have and general malaise, if we charged less, would we actually get any more attending? I doubt it. I can understand why the board has taken the decision, tbh.
Fuller
Can't see why the club can't do something more constructive with ticket pricing on Tuesday

It's school holidays so why not do a family of four ticket for say £20 ?

Or buy a ticket for Tuesday and get one half price for Saturday or the other way around ?

Anything but to charge usual prices. Think outside the box a bit more Board.
Dave Beesley
Benctfc wrote: Thanks for the clarification Dave and apologies for suggesting the trust hadn't put forward the fans wishes.
No Worries Ben. I accept that there must be an issue for you even to have brought it up.
I have posted in dedicated thread, the ways to contact the Trust or myself. And we are always open to new ideas, and people to help us out.
Red Duke
A very odd decision by the board. If Colchester had a large away following, it would make some sort of sense financially, but as the overall attendance is likely to be small, the extra money is not going to be large.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fuller wrote:Can't see why the club can't do something more constructive with ticket pricing on Tuesday

Or buy a ticket for Tuesday and get one half price for Saturday or the other way around ?

How many times have the Board tried reducing prices only for no extra fans to turn up. Remember, the Finance Director is ex-Fan Elected Director so no doubt he personally weighed up the issue and voted with what makes financial sense.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Fuller wrote:Can't see why the club can't do something more constructive with ticket pricing on Tuesday

How many times have the Board tried reducing prices only for no extra fans to turn up. Remember, the Finance Director is ex-Fan Elected Director so no doubt he personally weighed up the issue and voted with what makes financial sense.
What may be financial sense does not make good marketing sense. Surely the aim of this type of match is entice young fans to the game so that they become full time fans and so get more money in the future.

Penny wise pound foolish comes to mind.
Si Robin
Indeed, especially as it's the school holidays so kids will be allowed to stay up later.
Fuller
Red Duke wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

What may be financial sense does not make good marketing sense. Surely the aim of this type of match is entice young fans to the game so that they become full time fans and so get more money in the future.

Penny wise pound foolish comes to mind.
Too right Red Duke. A major rethink is needed or we are going to be stuck with gates of 2,000 or so plus whatever the away side bring. And a cr*p atmosphere to go with it.
Jerry St Clair
Red Duke wrote: What may be financial sense does not make good marketing sense. Surely the aim of this type of match is entice young fans to the game so that they become full time fans and so get more money in the future.
^^^^^^This

Its the school holidays, plenty of parents hunting around for things to keep the little cherubs occupied. So, an ideal opportunity for special offer to get some kids down to Whaddon Road for a game under the lights.

I'd have gone £10 adults, £1 under 16s for all areas. And I'm willing to bet the Colin Farmer would be pretty full.