Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Kalala
 Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018, 18:50 
Offline

Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 21:32
Posts: 1430
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Joins Johnson at Torquay, doesn't say length of deal though - good luck to him I thought he did alright coming on from the bench v Lincoln.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018, 19:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19146
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Just lacked strength and fitness - his movement, speed and mind looked decent. Against Carlisle he was great at beating defenders to the ball and then spinning round to shield it. Unfortunately, he wasn’t used to the strength of the defenders and was sometimes outmuscled before being able to find a pass (admittedly support was lacking). And his turning and beating of men caused them real problems - and he even got some decent shots away from outside the box, including one Eisa-eaque curler on the run just wide of the far post. Apart from Eisa, it was one of the most exciting striker performances I have seen in recent years for CTFC, reminiscent of Mo and McG, or Holman taking the p!ss against park sides.

I was looking forward to seeing him develop, and benefit from playing alongside a Barnett or Varney.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018, 19:36 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 20:35
Posts: 387
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Major mistake letting him go. I could think of several others I would have parted company with ahead of KLK.

I hope he does well for Gary, and I suspect he will have the next big non-leave sensation attracting interest from League 1 or higher clubs this time next year.

Good luck to Kalvin, and good luck to Torquay United and Gary Johnson.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018, 19:58 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 09:08
Posts: 556
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Major mistake letting him go. I could think of several others I would have parted company with ahead of KLK.

I hope he does well for Gary, and I suspect he will have the next big non-leave sensation attracting interest from League 1 or higher clubs this time next year.

Good luck to Kalvin, and good luck to Torquay United and Gary Johnson.

As was stated on another thread, players who are wanted, we can get rid of, those not wanted we are stuck with unfortunately


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018, 20:17 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19146
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ihearye wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Major mistake letting him go. I could think of several others I would have parted company with ahead of KLK.

I hope he does well for Gary, and I suspect he will have the next big non-leave sensation attracting interest from League 1 or higher clubs this time next year.

Good luck to Kalvin, and good luck to Torquay United and Gary Johnson.

As was stated on another thread, players who are wanted, we can get rid of, those not wanted we are stuck with unfortunately


But letting them go rather than taking the hit could be false economy if it costs us a place in the League or thwarts promotion. I agree with you completely - just putting out a devil’s advocate alternative.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018, 16:56 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19146
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Major mistake letting him go. I could think of several others I would have parted company with ahead of KLK.

I hope he does well for Gary, and I suspect he will have the next big non-leave sensation attracting interest from League 1 or higher clubs this time next year.

Good luck to Kalvin, and good luck to Torquay United and Gary Johnson.


Four second half goals away from home see Torquay win. They are on the way back.

Just hopefully it is in L2 we next face them, not the Conference.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018, 15:53 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 20:35
Posts: 387
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Pure conjecture here, but one has been pondering the reason CTFC has let Kalvin Kalala go and not put him out on loan instead - bearing in mind he was on the bench for several recent games and was well worth nurturing. Part of this may of course be to reduce the squad size and to get him off the wage bill, but as he was a previously unknown ‘find’ at one the summer trials for unattached players, he would not have been on much of a salary.

I wonder whether our former Manager has been canny enough to negotiate Kalvin’s release as part of his own severance package? If that’s so, it could turn out to be a very shrewd piece of business.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018, 15:55 
Offline

Joined: 03 Dec 2016, 20:33
Posts: 302
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Pure conjecture here, but one has been pondering the reason CTFC has let Kalvin Kalala go and not put him out on loan instead - bearing in mind he was on the bench for several recent games and was well worth nurturing. Part of this may of course be to reduce the squad size and to get him off the wage bill, but as he was a previously unknown ‘find’ at one the summer trials for unattached players, he would not have been on much of a salary.

I wonder whether our former Manager has been canny enough to negotiate Kalvin’s release as part of his own severance package? If that’s so, it could turn out to be a very shrewd piece of business.


Shame he didn't negotiate for a few more.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018, 16:57 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 12468
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Another posted hinted that Kalala wanted to leave and rejoin GJ down in Torquay as he believed he would develop better. Apparently both him and Duku wanted out as they were unhappy and both have the same agent.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018, 18:03 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 20:35
Posts: 387
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
FULL-TIME | United secure their place in the first round of the #EmiratesFACup after a 4-1 victory over Winchester City. Goals from Kalala, Janneh and Lemonheigh-Evans (2). #tufc #TORvWIN

Gary and Kalvin working their magic for Torquay United FC. The Gulls will sh!t on everyone this season ;)

What’s the chances of Gary getting a plum 1st Round draw against Cheltenham Town then? Football has a funny habit of turning up such fixtures so soon after the departure of a manager. Watch this space.


Last edited by Lord Elpuz on 20 Oct 2018, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018, 18:09 
Offline

Joined: 26 Nov 2009, 07:35
Posts: 145
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Well, Johnson spent 2 and a bit seasons shitting on us.......what’s new? Johnson and Kalala are at their right level....... National League South and pushing above their weight in the FA Cup....


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018, 18:12 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19146
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
swellingsdownbelow wrote:
Well, Johnson spent 2 and a bit seasons shitting on us.......what’s new? Johnson and Kalala are at their right level....... National League South and pushing above their weight in the FA Cup....


They’ll be back in L2 together in two or three seasons.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018, 18:17 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 20:35
Posts: 387
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
swellingsdownbelow wrote:
... Johnson and Kalala are at their right level....... National League South and pushing above their weight in the FA Cup....


Oops, credibility bypass there my fine fellow. Mr Johnson’s CV proves otherwise.

I say good luck to Gary Johnson & Kalvin Kalala. It went sour for us with GJ in the end, sadly, but that doesn’t mean his previous successes should be written off.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018, 19:01 
Offline

Joined: 26 Nov 2009, 07:35
Posts: 145
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Whoever wrote Gary Johnson’s CV ought to be employed by Theresa May.......when he failed pitifully 6 months after getting us promoted from the National League he should have been shown the door.....but then, the Chairman incumbent could just add that faux pas to the several others in his timescale.....


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018, 19:36 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19146
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
swellingsdownbelow wrote:
Whoever wrote Gary Johnson’s CV ought to be employed by Theresa May.......when he failed pitifully 6 months after getting us promoted from the National League he should have been shown the door.....but then, the Chairman incumbent could just add that faux pas to the several others in his timescale.....


6 months?? That was before he built a League side and was still giving the Champions their chance.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Kalala
 Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018, 19:39 
Offline

Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 13:00
Posts: 742
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time
swellingsdownbelow wrote:
Whoever wrote Gary Johnson’s CV ought to be employed by Theresa May.......when he failed pitifully 6 months after getting us promoted from the National League he should have been shown the door.....but then, the Chairman incumbent could just add that faux pas to the several others in his timescale.....


Don’t be so ridiculous. One thing CTFC have done is stick by managers rather than showing them the door after a few poor results. In my mind this is the best way to do business unlike some of the other teams such as Leeds, Cardiff and others who chop and change all the time.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Artemis, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 28 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: