Deadline day

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

GL Rob
There could well be some activity with the Robins before the transfer window shuts at 11pm.
We'll have live updates in our blog, including other big deals elsewhere in League Two: http://bit.ly/JanDeadlineDayLIVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theidlerich
Lets hope for a real striker ..or two...[!]; but somehow I doubt it. :(
...on another tack presumably GL will publicise DV's latest spate with SDC? [Footy stadia related and therefore potentially serious competition for us.
MittonRobin
No Chance !! The Usual Boring Deadline day no doubt :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nesty
Courtney Duffus [Oldham - Yeovil] Loan
horlickfanclub
I'd like to have seen him here. He might save Yeovil.
I-Love-CTFC
horlickfanclub wrote:I'd like to have seen him here. He might save Yeovil.
He's not scored a single goal in English football. He might have scored 10 in Ireland but that's non-league standard.
little mo
Rakhish Bingham then
horlickfanclub
Welcome back Rakish.
kags
Mickey Moore must have nicked MY's contact book.
Robin
Wait what we've signed Rakish Bingham? Is it loan or permanent?

Kind of similar to Manny from what I recall so a little hesitant on face value but willing to give him a chance.
Shade
He was unattached. Deal til the end of the season.
Robin
Thanks Shade seems FGR have lost Tavon Campbell to Gillingham presumably due to FFP given they could not off load Christian Doidge.
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:Thanks Shade seems FGR have lost Tavon Campbell to Gillingham presumably due to FFP given they could not off load Christian Doidge.
Doidge cannot play for another club other than Bolton or FGR before season end so self-evident that he would remain with FGR until the summer.
With unexpected return of Doidge, FGR had plenty of strikers and was probably best to loan out Tavron to League 1 team Gillingham.
FFP does not come into the question. Doidge was already on FGR's books so no transfer fee involved in him coming back to TNL.
Robin
Do you understand how FFP works OTC? It's your wage bill as a percentage of revenue. Your revenue is down by £900k now Doidge hasn't left and you have now pick up his wages on some of the lowest crowds in the division.
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:Do you understand how FFP works OTC? It's your wage bill as a percentage of revenue. Your revenue is down by £900k now Doidge hasn't left and you have now pick up his wages on some of the lowest crowds in the division.
Dale Vince has been asked about FFP on more than one occasion and indicated that FGR are well within parameters set.
Also remember that FGR paid Doidges wages while he was with Bolton and that FGR have one of the smaller squads in League 2.
Sprout Picker
Robin wrote:Do you understand how FFP works OTC? It's your wage bill as a percentage of revenue. Your revenue is down by £900k now Doidge hasn't left and you have now pick up his wages on some of the lowest crowds in the division.
I'm not entirely sure Dale Vince knows how FFP works to be honest.
Ihearye
The Old TomCat wrote:
Dale Vince has been asked about FFP on more than one occasion and indicated that FGR are well within parameters set.
Also remember that FGR paid Doidges wages while he was with Bolton and that FGR have one of the smaller squads in League 2.
Did the girl in the office tell you that fact?
Artemis
The Old TomCat wrote:
And all Vince has to do is bung the club a bit more sponsorship / buy a few more 'shares' and FFP is a non issue. Or sack a few more Ecotricity staff.
Si Robin
There are rules that prevent him from doing that - I'm not sure how they work though.
Lord Elpuz
Balance sheets for both FGR and Ecotricity should make interesting reading this year when their accounts are published. If I was an Ecotricity employee right now, I’d be looking for another job. If I was a decent and loyal Forest Green Rovers supporter, I’d be looking to change my power supplier to Ecotricity ;)
Robin
kags wrote:Mickey Moore must have nicked MY's contact book.
What are peoples thoughts on Mickey Moore? I felt Pete Johnson got a fair bit of criticism but largely found some great players. Mickey on the other hand is hardly mentioned other than most new signings used to play at former clubs of his.
ctfc-fan
Si Robin wrote:There are rules that prevent him from doing that - I'm not sure how they work though.
Leicester did though and got promoted.
horlickfanclub
Micky Moore seems to be getting some decent players in. If we stay up he will deserve some credit.
Robin
Horlick are you not concerned his scouting network has largely been players from his former clubs? Not sure I'm terribly excited about any of the January signings so far but haven't seen Tilson or Raglan yet to pass fair comment.
paperboy
In fairness one imagines that his remit has been to identity players who are ready to go straight into the team as opposed to ones with potential.
He may have identified some already in preparation for the summer-time will tell.
kiaora84
Robin wrote:Horlick are you not concerned his scouting network has largely been players from his former clubs? Not sure I'm terribly excited about any of the January signings so far but haven't seen Tilson or Raglan yet to pass fair comment.
I maybe wrong but from the current squad only Clements and Bingham have been with Moore at a former club. The only other was Jones, who along with Clements was signed prior to Moore officially working with the club.
Robin
Clements, Jones and Bingham all brought here by Jones, I saw Mickey Duff said he spotted Raglan himself so that leaves only Tilson and Pring as players brought in by Moore. I'm not knocking him and feel he needs at least two transfer windows just would have expected a little more.
kiaora84
[quote="Robin"]Clements, Jones and Bingham all brought here by Jones, I saw Mickey Duff said he spotted Raglan himself so that leaves only Tilson and Pring as players brought in by Moore. I'm not knocking him and feel he needs at least two transfer windows just would have expected a little more

Barnett, Alcock,Varney, Field and Waters also signed post GJ. We both agree Moore was clearly ‘helping’ the club prior to his employment so who’s to say he didn’t play apart in those signings? Either be it identifying a player or making the phone call.

I am guessing with hardly anything left in the playing budget and not having the luxury of having as many desperate players out of a job, it’s a pretty tough job. I am personally much with the squad than I was pre-Duff/Moore.

I think what’s more interesting/pleasing is that Duff hasn’t just relied on Burnley doing us a favour every time we need someone....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kiaora84 wrote:
Robin wrote:Clements, Jones and Bingham all brought here by Jones, I saw Mickey Duff said he spotted Raglan himself so that leaves only Tilson and Pring as players brought in by Moore. I'm not knocking him and feel he needs at least two transfer windows just would have expected a little more

Barnett, Alcock,Varney, Field and Waters also signed post GJ. We both agree Moore was clearly ‘helping’ the club prior to his employment so who’s to say he didn’t play apart in those signings? Either be it identifying a player or making the phone call.

I am guessing with hardly anything left in the playing budget and not having the luxury of having as many desperate players out of a job, it’s a pretty tough job. I am personally much with the squad than I was pre-Duff/Moore.

I think what’s more interesting/pleasing is that Duff hasn’t just relied on Burnley doing us a favour every time we need someone....
Given that on the Monday or Tuesday JP reported GJ saying he was close to getting a striker in and then Barnett joined before the end of the week, I have always assumed it was Barnett GJ was talking about.
drgm
Going back to FFP for a moment, it's clear that some clubs are not working within the rules and
FGR must be one of them.
They've clearly got a bigger playing budget than we have on smaller crowds. I don't know
how it's done -whether it signing on fees or some other method
They attracted a crowd of just 1,800 for the visit of Grimsby recently
They regularly report a loss of 2.5 million season after season. How does that work within FFP?
kiaora84
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
kiaora84 wrote:
Robin wrote:Clements, Jones and Bingham all brought here by Jones, I saw Mickey Duff said he spotted Raglan himself so that leaves only Tilson and Pring as players brought in by Moore. I'm not knocking him and feel he needs at least two transfer windows just would have expected a little more

Given that on the Monday or Tuesday JP reported GJ saying he was close to getting a striker in and then Barnett joined before the end of the week, I have always assumed it was Barnett GJ was talking about.
I have heard Barnett was a ‘fresh’ deal. Clements and Jones were signed before Barnett, so I have no reason to believe otherwise.
everyman
paperboy wrote:In fairness one imagines that his remit has been to identity players who are ready to go straight into the team as opposed to ones with potential.
He may have identified some already in preparation for the summer-time will tell.
Correct ! And within the financial restraints of the club.( Pleased to hear the board finding money for Duff to strengthen now )
The Old TomCat
Ihearye wrote:
Did the girl in the office tell you that fact?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BZ6FLbcYUk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FFP at 2’45” into interview.

IHY, you used almost exact same words in GOTCHA and ended up with your face full of egg.
You really should take time to properly read posts before replying to them.
I clearly referred to DV and not an office girl. If you care to watch video, you’ll hear DV confidently answer question on FFP as proof positive of what I say.
The Old TomCat
drgm wrote:Going back to FFP for a moment, it's clear that some clubs are not working within the rules and
FGR must be one of them.
They've clearly got a bigger playing budget than we have on smaller crowds. I don't know
how it's done -whether it signing on fees or some other method
They attracted a crowd of just 1,800 for the visit of Grimsby recently
They regularly report a loss of 2.5 million season after season. How does that work within FFP?
Robin is correct is stating FFP mainly concerns player’s wages but should club overspend the FA can impose a transfer embargo. A check on Companies House will show that FGR are nowhere close to crossing the FFP threshold. Attendance is main source of income but not solely. FGR are active in other fields as those accounts will show.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [Ecotricity]
A check on latest returns at Companies House show a healthy profit of £1/2 million.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [FGR]
Latest returns at Companies House show a profit of just below £1/2 million.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:Balance sheets for both FGR and Ecotricity should make interesting reading this year when their accounts are published. If I was an Ecotricity employee right now, I’d be looking for another job. If I was a decent and loyal Forest Green Rovers supporter, I’d be looking to change my power supplier to Ecotricity ;)
Latest accounts at Companies House contradict your alarmist post.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [Ecotricity]
A check on latest returns at Companies House show a healthy profit of £1/2 million.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [FGR]
Latest returns at Companies House show a profit of just below £1/2 million.