Ryan Broom

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

friendlygashead
Hi lads, just a Bristol Rovers supporter here. I couldn't find any posts on twitter so thought I would ask on here.

For many years I was a massive fan of Ryan Broom, I thought he was our best young player and I was really surprised last summer when we released him.

My question is, how has he done at Cheltenham, and do you rate him highly?
asl
Superb first half of the season - more ordinary since the turn of the year. Rumoured to have had his head turned and suggestions that he's likely to leave at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Robin
Agree with everything ASL says, did really well, Burton then showed an interest in January and since he's been ok without excelling.
Lord Elpuz
He wasn’t a first choice player when he arrived, but his performances quickly established him as a ‘first name on the team sheet’ player. He was outstanding in the first half of the season, really excellent and a potential Player of the Season. He got an injury early in the new year around the time Burton were allegedly sniffing and he was out of the team for a bit, and was not his normal self on return, where we had been used to seeing his energy, always hungry for the ball, driving the team on, getting down the right wing, twisting and turning opposition before delivering a telling cross. In recent games he’s definitely becoming more involved again, and overall I would say he’s had a very good season. If he stays with Cheltenham for next season (and I hope he does) and then produces the same form he started with and maintains that consistency, I would expect bids from higher Leagues to come in for him as early as January 2020, but he does need to produce that consistent form again to put himself in the shop window for a move to a bigger/higher League club. I think he’s capable.

Ps ... if you’ve got any more like Ryan you want shot of, we’ll ‘av ‘em ;)