Michael Duff ahead of Plymouth Argyle away

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Full interview here: http://bit.ly/DuffPrePlymouth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Old TomCat
Mark Cooper's pre-match interview against Stevenage where he speaks very well of Cheltenham.

3 mins into video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEdRhC3huiQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Honestly OTC you know full well we couldn't give a sh1t what Cooper thinks about our team especially when we don't even play you for another six weeks or so. Anyway, congratulations you've made a much better start than I expected you to have given your summer transfer window. Do you feel you can sustain it over a season and challenge for top seven again? I'm expecting Swindle to finish top three and Bradford top seven otherwise I've not see any decent teams yet.
Horteng
The Old TomCat wrote:Mark Cooper's pre-match interview against Stevenage where he speaks very well of Cheltenham.

3 mins into video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEdRhC3huiQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
About time your clown of a manager is reprimanded for his constant criticism of officials. Its embarrassing.

"Most fouled team in England". Fcuk me :lol:
Ihearye
Horteng wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:Mark Cooper's pre-match interview against Stevenage where he speaks very well of Cheltenham.

3 mins into video.
About time your clown of a manager is reprimanded for his constant criticism of officials. Its embarrassing.

very kind offer, hope you won't be offended if I pass on it
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:Honestly OTC you know full well we couldn't give a sh1t what Cooper thinks about our team especially when we don't even play you for another six weeks or so. Anyway, congratulations you've made a much better start than I expected you to have given your summer transfer window. Do you feel you can sustain it over a season and challenge for top seven again? I'm expecting Swindle to finish top three and Bradford top seven otherwise I've not see any decent teams yet.
Both our teams are doing better than pre-season predictions.
SkyBet has Cheltenham to win automatic promotion and FGR to be in play offs.
I haven't seen Cheltenham play yet this season but can say that FGR have not played at their best so far.
However we are much at the same points position as last season when we ultimately achieved spot in the promotion play offs.

ElGlosico will be a noisy full house, as it always is.
Looking forward to the match which will now have more than local pride at stake for both teams.

I'll say good luck to both our teams at season end.
Ben3
The turn coat is back. We’re third in the league so he’s obviously getting himself acquainted so when he stops ‘supporting’ FGR and buys his half season ticket at Whaddon road he can pretend he always supported us all along.

Welcome back to the robins old turncoat. (I must warn you Swindon are doing quite well so maybe worth dropping a few messages on their boards in case they are your fancy next season)
The Old TomCat
Ben3 wrote:The turn coat is back. We’re third in the league so he’s obviously getting himself acquainted so when he stops ‘supporting’ FGR and buys his half season ticket at Whaddon road he can pretend he always supported us all along.

Welcome back to the robins old turncoat. (I must warn you Swindon are doing quite well so maybe worth dropping a few messages on their boards in case they are your fancy next season)
Sorry Ben to disagree but I'm a Green Devil through and through.
The only red I wear is for the mighty Gunners.

My original post was prompted by MC mentioning Cheltenham and it was just a courtesy on my part to inform TNR of his opinions.
You'll find in football you learn more about your own team by listening to an opponent talking about them than in a small room of like minded fans.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Robin wrote:Honestly OTC you know full well we couldn't give a sh1t what Cooper thinks about our team especially when we don't even play you for another six weeks or so. Anyway, congratulations you've made a much better start than I expected you to have given your summer transfer window. Do you feel you can sustain it over a season and challenge for top seven again? I'm expecting Swindle to finish top three and Bradford top seven otherwise I've not see any decent teams yet.
Both our teams are doing better than pre-season predictions.
SkyBet has Cheltenham to win automatic promotion and FGR to be in play offs.
I haven't seen Cheltenham play yet this season but can say that FGR have not played at their best so far.
However we are much at the same points position as last season when we ultimately achieved spot in the promotion play offs.

ElGlosico will be a noisy full house, as it always is.
Looking forward to the match which will now have more than local pride at stake for both teams.

I'll say good luck to both our teams at season end.
It isn’t SkyBet’s prediction, it is the footballwebpages.co.uk prediction. We explained this to you last time you made the same incorrect claim that it is a SkyBet prediction.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
It isn’t SkyBet’s prediction, it is the footballwebpages.co.uk prediction. We explained this to you last time you made the same incorrect claim that it is a SkyBet prediction.
Agreed, but the forecasts come under the SkyBet label and it is harmless fun to read and follow computer generated predictions.
Currently it has Cheltenham to finish season in 2nd spot.

Agreed real bookies don't really make confident end of season predictions until 10th game of season, which is this weekend.
I'm not a bookie but I forecast that the two Gloucester teams will swap places at 5pm Saturday. [Home win FGR v Stevenage and Away loss for Cheltenham at Plymouth.]
In fact possible our teams could be playing leap frog until ElGlosico. That is why more than ever I'm looking forward to match.
Shade
No, OTC, how can you not understand that the League is sponsored by SkyBet? Therefore when they say SkyBet League Two predictions, they are literally just calling the league by its full name. It has nothing to do with what SkyBet think AT ALL.

I could do a table right now:
SkyBet League Two predictions
1. Cheltenham Town
24. Forest Green Rovers.

That doesn't mean that's what SkyBet think.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Agreed, but the forecasts come under the SkyBet label and it is harmless fun to read and follow computer generated predictions.

Agreed real bookies don't really make confident end of season predictions until 10th game of season, which is this weekend.
I'm not a bookie but I forecast that the two Gloucester teams will swap places at 5pm Saturday. [Home win FGR v Stevenage and Away loss for Cheltenham at Plymouth.]
In fact possible our teams could be playing leap frog until ElGlosico. That is why more than ever I'm looking forward to match.
The league is sponsored by SkyBet. The predictions are made by footballwebpages. It is footballwebpages prediction of what they think the table will be in SkyBet League 2.

The same way the footballwebpages prediction for the Barclays Premier League is not made by Barclays or the footballwebpages predictions for the Vanarama National League are not made by Vanarama.

Do you understand now?
Ben3
There’s no point, we’ve had this before with OTC.

I bet he loved the 24th August when, despite Cheltenham town playing at home to a local rival, FGR proved they were the better supported club by having about 10,000 more spectators at their game (away at Bradford) :lol:
Ihearye
I do wish that anyone using the term Elglosico - would round up their friends and fvck off. What a vvank term
The Old TomCat
The Old TomCat wrote:

The league is sponsored by SkyBet. The predictions are made by footballwebpages. It is footballwebpages prediction of what they think the table will be in SkyBet League 2.

The same way the footballwebpages prediction for the Barclays Premier League is not made by Barclays or the footballwebpages predictions for the Vanarama National League are not made by Vanarama.

Do you understand now?
Absolutely yes.

BTW SkyBet has forecast Plymouth 0-0 Cheltenham for tomorrow's game. :D
Sprout Picker
Ihearye wrote:I do wish that anyone using the term Elglosico - would round up their friends and fvck off. What a vvank term
Yes. That along with 'Green Devils'. Who the f**k dreamt that up?!
Ihearye
Sprout Picker wrote:
Ihearye wrote:I do wish that anyone using the term Elglosico - would round up their friends and fvck off. What a vvank term
Bless, it is all up when you start making up names for yourselves that have totally nothing to do with the club. In an attempt to try and create some identity. The Vegan devil's would be slightly more apt
Ben3
‘The Devils advocate’, starring keanu reeves and al pacino, is one of my favourite films.
Ihearye
Casillero del Diablo
Shade
Ihearye wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote:
Bless, it is all up when you start making up names for yourselves that have totally nothing to do with the club. In an attempt to try and create some identity. The Vegan devil's would be slightly more apt
I agree, and the green devils is a s#!t name, but, at the same time, weren't all nicknames for clubs made up by someone around the club at some point?
Ihearye
indeed, but surely the should have some relevance? Didn't see Cardiff changing their name when they turned to a red shirt? Good question though - what clubs nicknames have nothing to do with them?
Ihearye
The Old TomCat wrote:

TWAT
Ihearye
Horteng wrote:

3 mins into video.

yet another red card for the most fouled team LOL
Shade
And 0-0 against the bottom team, that we put 4 past 2 weeks ago. Cooper's press is gonna very comedy gold tonight. If he doesn't refuse to do it.
Nesty
why worry about FG ? we are the best team in Cheltenhamshire
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:And 0-0 against the bottom team, that we put 4 past 2 weeks ago. Cooper's press is gonna very comedy gold tonight. If he doesn't refuse to do it.
We have scored 15 goals at home in the league this season. Cooper’s tactic of passing around their own back line has yielded 3 home league goals all season. That says it all.

Just to add, FGR had 1,881 today....meanwhile I am sure OTC will be impressed by the 8,967 who paid to watch the Robins ;) ;) :lol:
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 21 Sep 2019, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
Ihearye
Nesty wrote:why worry about FG ? we are the best team in Cheltenhamshire
have to get your amusement where you can find it these days. And that crowd just keep on giving
Horteng
Ihearye wrote:
Horteng wrote:

3 mins into video.

yet another red card for the most fouled team LOL
Lol I can hear his post match interview already
Robin
1881 and they've made a better start than many would have expected after the budget cuts in the summer too. I dread to think what will happen to their attendances if they drop into the bottom half (which may happen when you look at their squad).
Ihearye
Please Mr Duff any chance of January?

I don't swear often Kevin, but fvck off
The Old TomCat
Ihearye wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

TWAT
Oh dear IHY, that remarks has fully rebounded splat in your face.
I was right AGAIN :lol:
Cheltenham have been leap frogged by FGR, as I correctly forecast.
FGR now top of table and two points above their Gloucestershire neighbours.
Ihearye
How many times do people have to explain to you that you are an idiot ? The debate was about your insistance that it was a skybet prediction and then try to justify it yet again, by saying 'yeah ok, but'. You are completely incapable of followng or making a logical debate. Your posts are a litany of being proven inaccurate, from your match attendance figures, to your oddly based views around having to sit in a seat you have bought.

Who do your feel the compulsion to come on here and talk rubbish? Is it because, bar vegan issues and south stand issues, at FGR you have no heart or soul to the club? You know that fcay is true, we all know it is true. What FGR was, has vanished, you are all now under the control of the DV thought police, where debate and free speech is banished, any time it appears. Unless you are following the DV mantra. All very very sad, but it is not CTFC fault, that we have stayed true to ourselves and our support. Nor our fault that we give you the freedom to comment on whatever you want to. However, enjoy that liberty by attempting to make a logical sensoble debate.
If you can't, then there is always a place for corporate kiss ass types at the all new FGR.
We are a club. as MD stated if a recent interview, that expects the cleaner to be spoken to and treated the same as the Chairman. Open, honest and welcoming. That is why it has a heart and soul
Red Duke
I have become completely bored with OTC's posts. His obsession of being "right" may be important to him but to the rest of us, it is completely irrevelant.
Horteng
Red Duke wrote:I have become completely bored with OTC's posts. His obsession of being "right" may be important to him but to the rest of us, it is completely irrevelant.
A troll that should be banned. This is a CTFC forum not FGR

Admin grow a pair and ban the clown
drgm
No, I like OTC. He makes me feel intelligent.

Funny handle 'Old Tom Cat' Create the impression of a dirty smelly individual who sniffs around in places he's not welcome