Would you offer Conor Thomas a new deal?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Some thoughts on the 2-1 win over Morecambe here: http://bit.ly/VerdictMorecambe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Benctfc
Yes. He's a steady consistent league 2 player and the type of player every squad needs. As long as he isn't asking for silly money makes sense to try and keep him.
Player2 Has Joined
Yes. We looked a much poorer side after he went off yesterday

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Robin
Yes one year as a squad player irrespective of which division we are in.
voiceofreason
Michael Duff obviously thinks highly of him, judging by his comments after the game and I trust his judgment. He struggled somewhat after returning to league football, but has grown in stature since the new manager came in. His penalty record is exceptional and played a vital role in keeping us up last year. It's a shame that there still seems to be a minority in the crowd who are determined to get on his back when he makes the odd mistake. We are not savvy to the relative fitness levels and well being of players. He was clearly struggling from minute one yesterday, yet we heard the groans of discontent as he struggled to find his usual rhythm. I wish fans would either show their support or say nothing. Getting on the players' backs does the team no good at all.
Ihearye
I struggle to think any of the regulars either starters or bench, who I would not offer a contract to
Robin
Agree only ones at risk are Clements, Ince, Bowery and Brennan, maybe Lovett I'd say.
Artemis
Clements deserves a new deal. Not convinced by Ince.
shevates
If this was brought up 2 months ago i would of said bye bye, but his form of late has been excellent, and as most of said when he went off on Saturday we looked like team well in control to a team hanging on. Yes i feel he should be offered a deal.
kora
Definitely, he's one of these players you don't always realise how much he contributes till he's not there. While other players like JDH and Broom run around at pace, Thomas stays calm and cool and runs the midfield.
drgm
He's one of a number of players that have improved since Duff has been here. If you had
asked this question a year ago I would have said no but I would definitely keep him now
horlickfanclub
Sign him on.
Robin
Artemis wrote:Clements deserves a new deal. Not convinced by Ince.
I feel we should retain only one of Clements/Thomas and Connor is ahead of Chris right now. Clements has the odd game (largely where has time on the ball) where he's very good however it's one area of the pitch I feel we can improve in the summer irrespective or not whether JDH signs permanently.
Shade
I think it's his positioning ability as much as anything because when you watch him, especially on Saturday, he gives the ball away too much and he's rarely strong in a tackle. Granted, as MD said after the match, he gave the ball away more than usual on Saturday and that could have been due to the injury as he reported it at half time. But when he's not there you do notice it. I'm not sure I'd keep him in League 1 but if we don't go up then I'd keep him.
GingerRedMan
Super-fit, technically good and decent in the air. Plus closes space better than anyone when we don't have the ball. We play better when he starts. Not sure if it's confidence or if he really has got fitter or been coached better.....but on current form sure to be offered a deal
everyman
Will be offered a new deal,he is beginning to live up to early promise probably taking his football seriously now, i can only see him getting better !
asl
Ok, I'll be the one to buck the trend on this thread: I think he gives the ball away FAR too much and he is completely unable to pass the ball forwards as I presume it gives him a nose-bleed and brings him out in hives.

Squad-player, to me.