F1

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Possibly the most astonishing TV sporting images I've ever seen... Was working yesterday so put the race on live pause as they.lined up on the grid and sat down to press 'play' about 30 minutes later. How Grosjean got out of that is an incredible testament to both the car's safety features and his own presence of mind. He'd have been decapitated by the barrier had it not been for the halo. Rightly awarded 'Driver of the Day.'
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yeah. Truly astonishing.
Shade
Driver of the day - the guy who makes yet another stupid move and puts lives at risk. He should have been out of F1 years ago. As it is, unless he somehow recovers to take part in either of the last two races this season, I think that will be his last F1 Grand Prix. An ironic but rather fitting way to end his career. Halo saved his life, and he himself was against Halo. All the praise should go to everyone who has turned F1 from something where things like this happened regularly with certain death, to something where a car splitting in half, going up in a fireball, tearing a barrier apart and walking away from it with just a few minor burns is an exceptional rarity that can only happen when a clown is driving.

40-50 years ago, Grosjean would have killed half a dozen drivers and himself by now through incompetence. You can't really say that about any of the others drivers on the grid. Not that extent, anyway.
SHANDY VOR
Those are strong words
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Driver of the day - the guy who makes yet another stupid move and puts lives at risk. He should have been out of F1 years ago. As it is, unless he somehow recovers to take part in either of the last two races this season, I think that will be his last F1 Grand Prix. An ironic but rather fitting way to end his career. Halo saved his life, and he himself was against Halo. All the praise should go to everyone who has turned F1 from something where things like this happened regularly with certain death, to something where a car splitting in half, going up in a fireball, tearing a barrier apart and walking away from it with just a few minor burns is an exceptional rarity that can only happen when a clown is driving.

40-50 years ago, Grosjean would have killed half a dozen drivers and himself by now through incompetence. You can't really say that about any of the others drivers on the grid. Not that extent, anyway.
Or, he only drives like he does because he knows the safety features mean it will rarely have consequences in terms of driver harm.
Shade
No, I think it's because he isn't good enough and never has been. Other drivers know the risks but haven't done the stupid things he has. Years ago when he had a particularly bad spell of causing crash after crash and he was getting flak from most of the rest of the grid and he was in tears during an interview, apologising and saying he would do everything he could - you know at that point he's not got what it takes. That means he can't drive on instinct. For years now he has been driving within himself for fear of crashing, and he still has had more than most. I can't for the life of me understand why Lotus and Haas kept him for so long. I assume money is the answer.
SHANDY VOR
Or they're waiting for Maureen from Driving School to become available.