Conor Thomas

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
I know it's been said before but I feel like it should be said again until it's more widely recognised. Especially as I was one who was calling him the weak link that needed to be replaced. He's one of those players that gets stick and goes unnoticed but has a big impact. Noticeably we seem to struggle a lot more when he has been out of the team. He comes back in after basically 2 months out and plays 120 minutes straight off the bat. And our midfield, despite consisting of pretty much just Thomas and Ellis Chapman (May dropped deeper a couple of times but was, for all intents and purposes, a third attacker), who hasn't had many starts, seemed to control the match more than it has with three players in it recently. Both Thomas and Chapman appeared to have quiet games, but I think a lot of that was down to their positioning and ability to not overcomplicate the play. Get it/win it and move it on. Yes, he makes mistakes here and there but pretty much every player has.
horlickfanclub
Agree with every word. Adapted to 4 4 2 when needed as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The passing stats would back that up.

https://www.ctfc.com/matches/fixtures/f ... 09-jan-21/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:The passing stats would back that up.

https://www.ctfc.com/matches/fixtures/f ... 09-jan-21/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
True, given that a large part of the 35% is probably Mr Boyle 'passing' out of defence. Just as well he is in top 4 of our goal scorers!
Horteng
I agree. I think we've missed Connor in recent weeks
Si Robin
He's very underrated, absolutely. When we first signed him, I had him pegged as an Aldi Marlon Pack, but he's so much more than that. He actually puts himself about quite a bit and doesn't shirk tackles.
Joey
Good midfielder for this level and a solid run of form away from being one of the better midfielders in L2.

Pass difficulty from Paul Riley's data:

Shade
Very interesting graph, thanks for sharing.

I can just hear the fans watching the players toward the bottom right of the graph moaning about how such and such always tries to play the worldie pass but isn't good enough.
Rick
A much better team with him in.