Blue kit

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just seen pictures of the players vs Walsall and the blue kit.

I like it!
theidlerich
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just seen pictures of the players vs Walsall and the blue kit.

I like it!
Not a Gerry and the cardiac arrest part are you? :)
Johnsons Red Army
Worst away kit since the purple and yellow in my opinion.
Anteros
First impressions are that it is bit bland....
horlickfanclub
I like it . The white writing is much better than a mishmash of clashing coloured logos.
Shade
Anteros wrote:First impressions are that it is bit bland....
That's kinda the whole point. It's supposed to be reminiscent of the kit from Roger Thorndale's era.
shevates
I like the colour of it but dislike the pale blue logos and writing, would of preferred it in white so it stands out
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Anteros wrote:First impressions are that it is bit bland....
That's kinda the whole point. It's supposed to be reminiscent of the kit from Roger Thorndale's era.
The ‘blandness’ is what makes it more likely I would buy it as I would be prepared to wear it in the gym, or before and after matches.

Mainly because I do not like wearing red with the home kits I generally don’t wear it on the train to an away game or whilst strolling around shops and visitor attractions before/ after a game so usually carry the shirt in a bag and put on when heading to the stadium.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: The ‘blandness’ is what makes it more likely I would buy it as I would be prepared to wear it in the gym, or before and after matches.
^ This.

I own a few football shirts and generally wear them running or at the gym, so garish is out.

I suspect middle-aged runners are a niche market for CTFC replica shirt sales but they've got one here. I'll be modelling it at Cheltenham ParkRun shortly.
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:I like it . The white writing is much better than a mishmash of clashing coloured logos.
It`s classically simple and not likely to give anyone a migraine attack unlike so many of the multi-patterned paint shop horrors eg;ffg ?