So what happens on Saturday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
Well the day is coming

Please correct me if I have got the wrong end of the stick

We turnup with our tickets - no social distancing , no masks , no proof of vaccinations
If you dont have one you need to buy them at the ticket office

Toilets as before - no one way system

Bars - Robins Nest and ST bars do they still exist are there any limits

Where or what is the fan zone

Car parking again as before

So we are back to normal no one really knows what is happening
Any advice or updates from the club
Did they put out any updates about ST being ready to collect or are we just little old Cheltenham

Does anyone know what is happening
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Updates on season ticket collection went out a few days ago:

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2021/august/2 ... llections/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andgarod
RCS - thank you
Yes totally missed the post about ST
have I missed anymore

They could have sent an email to tell people but then that would be ....

So what else have I missed
theidlerich
andgarod wrote:RCS - thank you
Yes totally missed the post about ST
have I missed anymore

They could have sent an email to tell people but then that would be ....

So what else have I missed
.....the start of 'our own' prediction league! :)
Shade
The only thing to add is that the club have asked that supporters wear masks whilst moving around the stadium but can remove them when in their seats/spot. And no grabbing the nearest stranger and kissing them when we score :P
Dave Beesley
The club has put together this important information pack regarding the game on Saturday

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2021/august/i ... h-wycombe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone has any issues or discussion points on the day, I will be in either the car park area or helping out with Ticket Sales/Collections from 1pm.
I will hopefully be wearing a Robins Trust/SLO tabard (in Jenny's absence), so please seek me out for a chat.
Or DM the Robins Trust Twitter account which I will be monitoring all day.
Robin
So masks to be worn when entering the ground and on concourses, yet at Crewe the number of away fans wearing masks could be counted on two hands I suspect. Will be interesting to see how Stewards enforce all of this.
asl
I'm giving this Saturday a miss for a variety of reasons - but one of them is that I want to see "how things go" as it's obviously a learning curve for the club, the stewards and the fans. Looking forward to everyone's opinions of the new 'experience'!
Dave Beesley
Hi Robin.
Masks are no longer enforceable by law, so the Stewards will be briefed to take a common sense approach to this.
The COVID-19 recommendations come from the Council and their safety team.
While they are not a legal requirement, we are asking that the CTFC community respect each other and their surroundings and wear one to protect those who may have reason to be nervous. Not to mention to protect the staff and players who are still subject to stricter guidelines from the EFL.
Si Robin
Dave, will the bar in the Colin Farmer be open at half-time on Saturday?
Fuller
Could be busy in the Whaddon Road & Ground area on Saturday so I'd suggest getting there a bit earlier if you are buying a ticket on the day.
Anyone know if there are many stand tickets left and how many Wycombe have sold? Could be a 4,500 gate maybe?

As an aside when I went past the ground on Monday there was no information at all on the next match on that truly awful signboard we have at the main entrance. We are a Football League Division One club and some things such as this need to be improved quickly.
Dave Beesley
Si Robin wrote:Dave, will the bar in the Colin Farmer be open at half-time on Saturday?
I have no definitive answer Si, as that bar is operated by our catering partners. But I'm sure they won't be wanting to say no to some paying punters
Si Robin
Thanks Dave.

It's more to follow the half-times than the beer (he lied)
Shade
Fuller wrote:Could be busy in the Whaddon Road & Ground area on Saturday so I'd suggest getting there a bit earlier if you are buying a ticket on the day.
Anyone know if there are many stand tickets left and how many Wycombe have sold? Could be a 4,500 gate maybe?

As an aside when I went past the ground on Monday there was no information at all on the next match on that truly awful signboard we have at the main entrance. We are a Football League Division One club and some things such as this need to be improved quickly.
We are an EFL League One club (no division in it, if we're being correct about it ;) )
longmover
Fuller wrote:Could be busy in the Whaddon Road & Ground area on Saturday so I'd suggest getting there a bit earlier if you are buying a ticket on the day.

That is the same board as the pre 1999 league days isnt it?
Dave Beesley
longmover wrote:

That is the same board as the pre 1999 league days isnt it?
I think you are doing Shevates and the 500 Club a disservice there. I am fairly sure that they replaced it in the last 10 years or so.

It is on the list of ongoing works. But our current priority is an improved section for our wheelchair bound supporters, and improved access to the Colin Farmer stand
Robin
Dave Beesley wrote:Hi Robin.
Masks are no longer enforceable by law, so the Stewards will be briefed to take a common sense approach to this.
The COVID-19 recommendations come from the Council and their safety team.
While they are not a legal requirement, we are asking that the CTFC community respect each other and their surroundings and wear one to protect those who may have reason to be nervous. Not to mention to protect the staff and players who are still subject to stricter guidelines from the EFL.
Thanks Dave, I don't have a preference either way when it comes to wearing masks but my understanding is for it to work you need the vast majority of people to wear them. So either you want to create a safe space for people by perhaps having an allotted masks are mandatory area or you will need the media team to make it known well in advance (so everyone brings one to the ground) and the stewards to enforce it as much as possible if it's to really work. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario for the club I am sure.
Shade
To be honest, if one person has Covid and they are the only person wearing a mask then that is all you need, rather then everyone. And even then it's not exactly guaranteed to stop that person spreading it, so...wear one if that's what makes you feel more comfortable, or maybe if other people around you are wearing them.

One thing I have really noticed since Covid came along is how many people go around touching things that they really don't need to, probably without even noticing, such as stair and escalator handrails, door handles that don't need to be pulled to open, etc. My hands live in my pockets these days and public doors are opened, where possible, with my shoulder/side rather than pushing a knob/hand plate with my hand. So getting in and out of WR without touching anything with your bare skin should be easy...and then just burn your clothes as soon as you get home. Just gotta watch out for the mouth-breathers and non-covering coughers.