Wade Elliott after Accrington draw

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
CTFCfan99
I get that he's protecting his players, but it would be nice for him to call out our performances for what they are for once
Malabus
CTFCfan99 wrote:I get that he's protecting his players, but it would be nice for him to call out our performances for what they are for once
Agree.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFCfan99 wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 18:10 I get that he's protecting his players, but it would be nice for him to call out our performances for what they are for once
It was a 3-0 performance by 10 of the 11 players.
SHANDY VOR
And a 0-30 the performance by the 11th? :)
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
CTFCfan99 wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 18:10 I get that he's protecting his players, but it would be nice for him to call out our performances for what they are for once
Why are you picking on Alfie. He’s one of the reasons that we are not currently in the bottom four.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 21:35
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Why are you picking on Alfie. He’s one of the reasons that we are not currently in the bottom four.
Missing open goals against teams below us could be costly.
little mo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 21:05
How do you know,you said you were not there. Even said you were in another country . So why are you probably the biggest contributor on all the match threads.
PittvillePundit
Reaction to the Accrington game following the usual narrative of being influenced(no, directed) by the result. By any measure other than goals we were better and Alfie doesn't miss many of those gilt edged opportunities. But he did. It happens.

I thought the performance was decent; Perry outstanding; defence, collectively, solid. Keena and May showing signs of understanding each other. Barkers was moderate but tbf his first start for a while. Sercombe efficient. Broom did well out of position. Southwood, little to do, but solid. His distribution as usual could be quicker.

Had we won 1 or 2 0 the whole narrative and reaction would be vastly different.

But that's football.
Ihearye
PittvillePundit wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 11:19 Reaction to the Accrington game following the usual narrative of being influenced(no, directed) by the result. By any measure other than goals we were better and Alfie doesn't miss many of those gilt edged opportunities. But he did. It happens.

I thought the performance was decent; Perry outstanding; defence, collectively, solid. Keena and May showing signs of understanding each other. Barkers was moderate but tbf his first start for a while. Sercombe efficient. Broom did well out of position. Southwood, little to do, but solid. His distribution as usual could be quicker.

Had we won 1 or 2 0 the whole narrative and reaction would be vastly different.

But that's football.
The narrative would be different in so far as we would have picked up 3 points and the 'guilt edged' chances we missed, we would have scored. t would not have hidden the fact that we did not compete to any great level in midfield. For a good part of the first half it looked like only a matter of time before Acc would score. Our attack was seemingly laying against a 'thrown together' back line. We now seem to be reduced to hitting long balls down the channels for folk to run after and still have problems hitting a 5 yard pass. There was one move in first half were Jackson beat 3 with some great ball control, only for the ball to be given away by Raglan(?), by his inability to pick and complete an easy pass.
That was a poor team we were playing and that adds to the narrative.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 08:31
How do you know,you said you were not there. Even said you were in another country . So why are you probably the biggest contributor on all the match threads.
Spoken to people who were updating me during and after the game, whose descriptions correlate with what the stats show. Granted, I may have been too hard on Alfie, but missing open goals and other clear chances when we have done enough to win by a couple of goals is very frustrating.
CTFCfan99
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 17:55

Spoken to people who were updating me during and after the game, whose descriptions correlate with what the stats show. Granted, I may have been too hard on Alfie, but missing open goals and other clear chances when we have done enough to win by a couple of goals is very frustrating.
Alfie was the easy target atfer the game for his misses, but ultimately we need to be creating more chances against a team with no fit senior CBs. He and Keena were feeding off scraps the whole game
CS85
CTFCfan99 wrote: 13 Feb 2023, 04:47
little mo wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 08:31 How do you know,you said you were not there. Even said you were in another country . So why are you probably the biggest contributor on all the match threads.
Alfie was the easy target atfer the game for his misses, but ultimately we need to be creating more chances against a team with no fit senior CBs. He and Keena were feeding off scraps the whole game
Seems to be wades game plan,keep it tight,try not to get beat and if alfie (and now keena) can nick a goal it's a bonus.
Ofcourse this didn't seem the case with Derby and Plymouth but not sure we had much choice in them.
The last three however scored none conceded one,its all very exciting 😀.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFCfan99 wrote: 13 Feb 2023, 04:47

Of course mor chances would be better, but we created enough chances to win two games and have to be taking them.