Referees

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
I'd like to see this happen more often, tbh. I'm sure some of them have wanted to do this:

Mexican referee Fernando Hernandez gets 12-match ban for kneeing player in groin - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65183032

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
That might be a good addition to the game to stop players crowding referees or answering back.

Could have the main referee and then an enforcer referee, who is allowed to pull players away from the main ref by the collar, headlock ‘em and knee the groin.
Shade
So basically you just want ref's to have a security guard who is allowed to manhandle players out of the way.

Sounds good to me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I see the ref elbowed a player in the Liverpool vs Arsenal game!

Hope the player saw the humerus side.
Shade
Ha.

I don't think the lino should have anything to answer for, though. Robertson put his hands on his arm, lino shrugged/flung his arm to get him off as most people not expecting/wanting to be touched would, and accidentally caught him in the face. The main take away is don't put your hands on an official. Robertson's a nasty little s#!t anyway, no doubt deserved it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Has Robertson got a lengthy ban for touching the officials arm?