Leeds

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Don't know if this is a crazy last throw of the dice or a stroke of genius: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65444406

Rumour has it, he's on a £2.5m 'success' bonus if he keeps them up. In some ways, I hope he succeeds because that would make it more difficult for Everton to stay up and, much as I like Sean Dyche, I really, really, want them relegated.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

longmover
The prem and all who sail in her can go F&*K themselves, total parody of itself now, right out of the pages of Viz.
Shade
It is just a last desperate throw of the dice. It couldn't get much worse so they may as well. If he keeps them up he deserves every penny of the £2.5m because he is obviously Jesus in disguise.

Rumours are that the players had a bust up at half time v Crystal Palace because one or two were on their phones and some took exception to it, and rightly so, before falling apart in the second half and following games, and Gracia obviously couldn't sort them out. You'd think Big Sam would sort them out but 4 games isn't long enough, when the 4 games include Man City, Newcastle and Spurs.
Ralph
They conceded 20 in the last 5 games I think it was. If the coach they fired was still in charge, against MC this weekend, it would have been 10-0 plus. The SF49'ers want to do a full takeover as well but Leeds have to be in the Prem for that to happen
Ralph
asl wrote: 03 May 2023, 10:50 Don't know if this is a crazy last throw of the dice or a stroke of genius: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65444406

Rumour has it, he's on a £2.5m 'success' bonus if he keeps them up. In some ways, I hope he succeeds because that would make it more difficult for Everton to stay up and, much as I like Sean Dyche, I really, really, want them relegated.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
My thoughts too
longmover
The prem will do everything it can to stop Everton getting relegated.
Wellwisher
longmover wrote: 04 May 2023, 09:12 The prem will do everything it can to stop Everton getting relegated.
Why do you think that?

And how does it fit with the following report from the end of March?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesnalto ... llegation/
longmover
I see that Brighton have been given their orders by the prem.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 08 May 2023, 18:31 I see that Brighton have been given their orders by the prem.
Flirting with conspiracy nutjobbery here, I fear.
Shade
Leeds fans always believe the FA/PL are against them. Tbh, the number of VAR. decisions that go against Leeds is bizarre, but I don’t subscribe to it. Results have been terrible yesterday. Sunday at home v Newcastle isn’t do or die, but without at least a point Big Sam’s reign of hope will be all but over after 2 games.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 09 May 2023, 17:55 Leeds fans always believe the FA/PL are against them. Tbh, the number of VAR. decisions that go against Leeds is bizarre, but I don’t subscribe to it. Results have been terrible yesterday. Sunday at home v Newcastle isn’t do or die, but without at least a point Big Sam’s reign of hope will be all but over after 2 games.
If you’re a poor team then a) the opposition will have more play in and around your box so will have more VAR incidents resulting in goals and b) you will have less play in and around their box, and rely more on marginal calls to get through the opponents meaning more VAR incidents against you.

Ie if Leeds were good enough to score plenty of goals and keep clean sheets they wouldn’t be so reliant on marginal calls going their way.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 10 May 2023, 17:02
Shade wrote: 09 May 2023, 17:55 Leeds fans always believe the FA/PL are against them. Tbh, the number of VAR. decisions that go against Leeds is bizarre, but I don’t subscribe to it. Results have been terrible yesterday. Sunday at home v Newcastle isn’t do or die, but without at least a point Big Sam’s reign of hope will be all but over after 2 games.
If you’re a poor team then a) the opposition will have more play in and around your box so will have more VAR incidents resulting in goals and b) you will have less play in and around their box, and rely more on marginal calls to get through the opponents meaning more VAR incidents against you.

Ie if Leeds were good enough to score plenty of goals and keep clean sheets they wouldn’t be so reliant on marginal calls going their way.
You say that as if a) I didn’t say I don’t subscribe to it and b) VAR never makes mistakes, when it has been well documented that they do :P
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 10 May 2023, 17:40
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 10 May 2023, 17:02

You say that as if a) I didn’t say I don’t subscribe to it and b) VAR never makes mistakes, when it has been well documented that they do :P
Of course VAR makes mistakes. Lots of mistakes.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 08 May 2023, 20:18
longmover wrote: 08 May 2023, 18:31 I see that Brighton have been given their orders by the prem.
Flirting with conspiracy nutjobbery here, I fear.
A healthy amount of skepticism (nutjobs a bit harsh) :lol: There's too much money involved in prem football for there not to be corruption, lets face it football has a history of it. I seem to recall Everton had an upsurge in their results last season when they were flirting with relegation (beat Chelsea and came back to be Palace after being total dog5hit all season) also check out their game against wimbledon (1994) when they needed to win to stay up, if that game was not bent then???

Their new stadium is due to hold Euro 2028 games so they probably get relegated after that ;)