Gloucestershire (FGR) news - Manager set to depart.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

1985CTFC
Broadway Brian wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 21:37
1985CTFC wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 20:17
Ihearye wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 19:49
Guess I will have to just pick up the shattered pieces of my life and try and move on :lol:
No no no. The thanks was for a welcome for being a new poster.
I know that both of them like a bit of verbal sparing.
Have they ever met in person?
Am enjoying being able to post after years and years of reading all the posts.
Got an interesting new topic to post in a day or two.
Keep sparing you two.
Are you a new poster? If so, welcome.
Yep. 21st June. Been reading for years. Been watching Cheltenham since 1985. Hence my ID.
Seen a lot of players come and go.
As a kid I used to get on the local bus to watch the Albion, Wolves Birmingham and Villa when I lived in Worcester. Before 1985 used to watch Worcester City. Good team in their day in non league.
Then in 1985 Worcester got relegated and Cheltenham got promoted. Swapped places I think.
Also 1985 saw me moved from Worcester to Gloucester for work. So bought house in Cheltenham and started watching.
1985CTFC
Used to sit below where Derek Goddard sat in the press box.
Next to Steve Cotts dad, and Martin Devaneys mum. She would always moan about people shouting out his name wrong. Its DE VAN KNEE not DE VAIN KNEE. So you have learnt something today. Its DE VAN KNEE.
Barnsley fans note.
Broadway Brian
1985CTFC wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 09:31

Keep sparing you two.
Yep. 21st June. Been reading for years. Been watching Cheltenham since 1985. Hence my ID.
As a kid I used to get on the local bus to watch the Albion, Wolves Birmingham and Villa when I lived in Worcester. Before 1985 used to watch Worcester City. Good team in their day in non league.
Then in 1985 Worcester got relegated and Cheltenham got promoted. Swapped places I think.
Also 1985 saw me moved from Worcester to Gloucester for work. So bought house in Cheltenham and started watching.
More clubs than Nick Faldo ;)

Love hearing about other people’s route to the Robins. Whilst I appreciate we have many fans born and bred in the area that have only ever been CTFC, there do seem to be many that may have another team and have relocated to the area and are now hooked on a Saturday at Whaddon Road.

That’s very much my route in. Maybe worth a thread of its own - I won’t divert this one.

Welcome again. UTT
1985CTFC
Broadway Brian wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 09:40

More clubs than Nick Faldo ;)

Love hearing about other people’s route to the Robins. Whilst I appreciate we have many fans born and bred in the area that have only ever been CTFC, there do seem to be many that may have another team and have relocated to the area and are now hooked on a Saturday at Whaddon Road.

That’s very much my route in. Maybe worth a thread of its own - I won’t divert this one.

Welcome again. UTT
I'm fully CTFC now . Worcester have gone down the pan a long time ago. Shame.
As a kid I was Leeds Utd. Used to see them when they visited the midlands.
Still got a soft spot for them.
ctfc-fan
1985CTFC wrote:Used to sit below where Derek Goddard sat in the press box.
Next to Steve Cotts dad, and Martin Devaneys mum. She would always moan about people shouting out his name wrong. Its DE VAN KNEE not DE VAIN KNEE. So you have learnt something today. Its DE VAN KNEE.
Barnsley fans note.
He was always De Vain Knee at school, the middle part being most apt.
1985CTFC
ctfc-fan wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 10:35
1985CTFC wrote:Used to sit below where Derek Goddard sat in the press box.
Barnsley fans note.
He was always De Vain Knee at school, the middle part being most apt.
His mum said otherwise. Be interesting to see if he gets the Barnsley job,
Nesty
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nesty
can this thread be moved ?
asl
Barnsley apparently after Derry City's manager. A bit left-field, that one.
CS85
Barnsley have just appointed Neil collins as Head coach from American club Tampa Bay Rowdies in the USL Championship.
asl
Well my post aged quickly!
art vandalay
CS85 wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 12:07 Barnsley have just appointed Neil collins as Head coach from American club Tampa Bay Rowdies in the USL Championship.
I wonder if, by any chance, this Barnsley bears any relation to the Barnsley that took about six weeks and multiple interviews before appointing Michael Duff twelve months ago? I think we should be told.
Ihearye
The 'token' has delivered DV's PR stunt and appears on British Bashing Corporation website. It goes to hide the fact that his last PR stunt of a manager took all of 5 months to be disposed off. But nobody talks about that now. ooooooooooh look at the bright shiny thing, the king is wearing the finest clothes I have ever know lol
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 16:07
Ihearye wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 16:04
Ben3 wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 15:46 The robins nest descends into Confused/Ihearye and RCS having their normal squabbles.

Did anyone notice how many new people have posted since these two stopped their ongoing feud? It’s got more people posting more often. It’s been lovely to see new members

Maybe you could draw another truce? Or maybe just post a bit less often? It’s so boring confused and RCS
Not surprisingly you have difficulty in differentiating between an educated discussion and a 'squabble' or a 'feud'. I fully respect anyone who can actually express an opinion in a thought out and logical way, As opposed to only posting when attempting to go fishing.
Agree. And we have been agreeing more than disagreeing in recent weeks re player and staff comings and goings!

Happy to draw a line under this thread.
well said that man
Ihearye
Ihearye wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 19:49
Shade wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 18:36

I feel like you've taken some kind of offence at this, but he's having a go at RCS and Ihearye, not you!
Guess I will have to just pick up the shattered pieces of my life and try and move on :lol:
Keep sparing you two.
Is it the AI thread? End of the world that!
On RCS - why spoil the mystique by having met? It would be like seeing Ben 1,2,3,4 coming home from Pittville at 3.30, But never say no to a trip to Fav Beers
Ihearye

Keep sparing you two.
you had me until .... Gloucester ;) But did enjoy a trip to the Warriors the odd time.
Shade
There we go, PR stunt over, Southampton "B" manager David Horseman takes over at FGR.

Seriously. Caretaker manager. For less than 2 weeks in July. How do people still buy his bullshit.
ctfc-fan
Check out my post (which beat yours ) as there’s other important news from Stale in there….
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 21:11 There we go, PR stunt over, Southampton "B" manager David Horseman takes over at FGR.

Seriously. Caretaker manager. For less than 2 weeks in July. How do people still buy his bullshit.
In fairness, appointing the academy head as the interim first team head coach is something FGR have done in between managers a couple of times in recent years. It’s not Vince’s fault that this time the academy head was one who generated a lot of news - I am not sure why it did.
shevates
As someone who supports ladies football to the hilt, I find it very difficult to wish Hannah Dingley all the best in managing possibly in the football league with that bunch on the hill. Of all the 92 league clubs it has to be Publicity FGR. So unfortunately as someone has already posted I wish you all the worst as youre involved with FGR
Horteng
What a joke. All the publicity for 5 minutes in the job which is all it was going to be. She must feel a fool

Love him or hate him Dale sure knows how to play the media.

As someone said Big Dunc never got a mention in her appointment (Leaving 5 months into a 5 year deal)
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 23:17
Shade wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 21:11 There we go, PR stunt over, Southampton "B" manager David Horseman takes over at FGR.

In fairness, appointing the academy head as the interim first team head coach is something FGR have done in between managers a couple of times in recent years. It’s not Vince’s fault that this time the academy head was one who generated a lot of news - I am not sure why it did.
No, no idea… no idea why he was holding up the shirt for pictures with her and giving sound bites and holding press conferences :lol: that’s what he’s always done with his caretakers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 11:53
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 23:17

No, no idea… no idea why he was holding up the shirt for pictures with her and giving sound bites and holding press conferences :lol: that’s what he’s always done with his caretakers.
But did he do that after the media came knocking and calling to make a story out of it? Genuine question as I don’t know. I personally think the media have completely overblown it, but of course DV takes any opportunity to do the PR stuff.

“Lower league club appoints a club coach as interim head coach before a new permanent one joins, for the second summer in a row” shouldn’t really be a news story, and it’s totally the media who have bigged it up. Even if DV was sending photos and press releases they could have gone ‘its not a story’ and ignored it.