She didn’t last long….

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
Posts: 1988
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 12:00
FGR’s circus keeps giving - David Horseman: Forest Green Rovers name Southampton B team boss as new head coach https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66228363

Also Stale Mince has launched a new ‘eco’ airline however initially it will run on kerosene Image
Ralph
Posts: 4848
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 01:56
It was a gimmick, a PR stunt and she was totally used by him for his own personal gain. The club is a laughing stock
User avatar
Ihearye
Posts: 3670
Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 08:08
Hi, you couldn't look after thins fro a couple of weeks while we sort out holiday cover, new person etc. This somehow equates to - ""Although she did not get the top job this time, it's undoubtedly been a valuable experience and a big step on her career path.""
Ralph
Posts: 4848
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 01:56
She should re-evaluate if she wants to stay there. I think DV humiliated her for his own publicity
Chris FGR
Posts: 307
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 16:51
No doubt Dale lapped up the publicity, and it somehow leaves a bit of a bad taste that she wasn’t really considered (from what I’ve heard ) given the way it was pushed in the media.

She was officially named interim though, so her lasting 2 weeks shouldn’t be a shock to anyone. She hasn’t been sacked or anything, will go back to her job as head of academy. And she is higher profile now, which might be useful if she goes for other coaching jobs. So on that basis it hasn’t done her any harm.
User avatar
longmover
Posts: 2943
Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 18:55
Chris FGR wrote: 20 Jul 2023, 16:20 No doubt Dale lapped up the publicity, and it somehow leaves a bit of a bad taste that she wasn’t really considered (from what I’ve heard ) given the way it was pushed in the media.

She was officially named interim though, so her lasting 2 weeks shouldn’t be a shock to anyone. She hasn’t been sacked or anything, will go back to her job as head of academy. And she is higher profile now, which might be useful if she goes for other coaching jobs. So on that basis it hasn’t done her any harm.
Vince would have been directing 'that' message to the media, he used her as a PR tool off the back of DF leaving, spin it all you want, the club is becoming a laughing stock. Why anyone would want anything to do with fgr while he's there is quite beyond me.
User avatar
longmover
Posts: 2943
Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 18:55
Genuine question to you Chris FGR:

What's the general consensus of Vince at FGR? From the outside it seems (to Vince) the actual team playing football is getting less and less important to him and the brand of Vince and what he represents is his main focus, the football club is becoming more and more his play thing.

Your only season in league one was a complete disaster and I was quite surprised how poorly organised you were considering Vince wanted to be in the 'Championship soon', do you think the tide will turn on Vince?
ctfc-fan
Posts: 1988
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 12:00
And has the star been removed yet?!
Chris FGR
Posts: 307
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 16:51
longmover wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 09:02 Genuine question to you Chris FGR:

What's the general consensus of Vince at FGR? From the outside it seems (to Vince) the actual team playing football is getting less and less important to him and the brand of Vince and what he represents is his main focus, the football club is becoming more and more his play thing.

Your only season in league one was a complete disaster and I was quite surprised how poorly organised you were considering Vince wanted to be in the 'Championship soon', do you think the tide will turn on Vince?
Mixed I would say. It’s been the case for a while that a number of our longer serving fans aren’t hugely keen on him, but he does do a good job of surrounding himself with yes men to help block criticism out.

Obviously last season was a complete clusterfuck which eroded a lot of the positivity built up the previous year. The club seems to have a revolving door policy with staff and communication with fans that aren’t VIP/hospitality is mainly shite. Season ticket sales are down and I expect our crowds will reflect that. It does seem like those at the top took their eye off the ball and we’ve been a mess this last year because of it.

Another season of struggle and the knives will start coming out more I reckon, although there will always be a number of sycophants defending him.
Chris FGR
Posts: 307
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 16:51
ctfc-fan wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 16:50 And has the star been removed yet?!
Embarrassingly, no.
User avatar
Shade
Posts: 17125
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 13:02
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Chris FGR wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 22:52
longmover wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 09:02 Genuine question to you Chris FGR:

What's the general consensus of Vince at FGR? From the outside it seems (to Vince) the actual team playing football is getting less and less important to him and the brand of Vince and what he represents is his main focus, the football club is becoming more and more his play thing.

Your only season in league one was a complete disaster and I was quite surprised how poorly organised you were considering Vince wanted to be in the 'Championship soon', do you think the tide will turn on Vince?
Mixed I would say. It’s been the case for a while that a number of our longer serving fans aren’t hugely keen on him, but he does do a good job of surrounding himself with yes men to help block criticism out.

Obviously last season was a complete clusterfuck which eroded a lot of the positivity built up the previous year. The club seems to have a revolving door policy with staff and communication with fans that aren’t VIP/hospitality is mainly shite. Season ticket sales are down and I expect our crowds will reflect that. It does seem like those at the top took their eye off the ball and we’ve been a mess this last year because of it.

Another season of struggle and the knives will start coming out more I reckon, although there will always be a number of sycophants defending him.
I've met your new CEO. He seems to be in it for the long haul, at least, having come over from New Zealand.
User avatar
longmover
Posts: 2943
Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 18:55
Shade wrote: 29 Jul 2023, 19:46
Chris FGR wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 22:52
longmover wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 09:02 Genuine question to you Chris FGR:

What's the general consensus of Vince at FGR? From the outside it seems (to Vince) the actual team playing football is getting less and less important to him and the brand of Vince and what he represents is his main focus, the football club is becoming more and more his play thing.

Your only season in league one was a complete disaster and I was quite surprised how poorly organised you were considering Vince wanted to be in the 'Championship soon', do you think the tide will turn on Vince?
Mixed I would say. It’s been the case for a while that a number of our longer serving fans aren’t hugely keen on him, but he does do a good job of surrounding himself with yes men to help block criticism out.

Obviously last season was a complete clusterfuck which eroded a lot of the positivity built up the previous year. The club seems to have a revolving door policy with staff and communication with fans that aren’t VIP/hospitality is mainly shite. Season ticket sales are down and I expect our crowds will reflect that. It does seem like those at the top took their eye off the ball and we’ve been a mess this last year because of it.

Another season of struggle and the knives will start coming out more I reckon, although there will always be a number of sycophants defending him.
I've met your new CEO. He seems to be in it for the long haul, at least, having come over from New Zealand.
gone by Christmas
User avatar
Shade
Posts: 17125
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 13:02
Location: Cheltenhamshire
He didn't last long :lol:

Now Troy Deeney's turn. How many days or months do we reckon he will last?
User avatar
longmover
Posts: 2943
Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 18:55
Shade wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 14:53 He didn't last long :lol:

Now Troy Deeney's turn. How many days or months do we reckon he will last?
vince will get some PR miles with this announcement

a seriously unhealthy football club to have had four managers in a year.
CTFC.Harry
Posts: 264
Joined: 26 Oct 2018, 14:07
Location: Exiled in the East Mids
It's incredibly enjoyable to watch the circus down there. It never fails to entertain. We can be grateful that the Club is now in good hands on the pitch and in decent, sensible hands off the pitch and that will not change if we do end up going down. In fact I'd be confident we'd get top 7 next year. All they've got to look forward to is more More DV publicity stunts and a half (if that?) filled wooden stadium miles from Stroud. Again, another symptom of him making the Club all about him and his ideals. Fair enough to him but I couldn't stand that at Cheltenham.
asl
Posts: 6822
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
Kentstripe wrote:Troy Deeney is our fourth permanent head coach to take charge of a league match in 11 months, in which time we've won 5 league games. Almost as many coaches as wins ffs.
Surely that's not true...? Five??!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 29880
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
asl wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 19:48
Kentstripe wrote:Troy Deeney is our fourth permanent head coach to take charge of a league match in 11 months, in which time we've won 5 league games. Almost as many coaches as wins ffs.
Surely that's not true...? Five??!!
Sounds surprising but people forget they have managed to actually win four games this season, to add to the solitary win Big Hopeless Dunc got.
Ralph
Posts: 4848
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 01:56
longmover wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 15:25
Shade wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 14:53 He didn't last long :lol:

Now Troy Deeney's turn. How many days or months do we reckon he will last?
vince will get some PR miles with this announcement

a seriously unhealthy football club to have had four managers in a year.
That's all he does it for, is the PR. He doesn't care about them at all.

Four coaches in a year. DV is almost up with the Forest owner who also owns Olympiacos who has had five coaches in 14 months.

Agent Deeney will soon finally finish the mission
asl
Posts: 6822
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
I read somewhere earlier that Troy Deeney scored zero points on Celebrity Mastermind - on his 'specialist subject' round....
Ralph
Posts: 4848
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 01:56
That wooden stadium will never happen. More PR spin.
Chris FGR
Posts: 307
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 16:51
I think the definitive answer as to whether the new stadium will ever happen is to ring up Ecotricity during office hours and ask one of their receptionists.
ctfc-fan
Posts: 1988
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 12:00
Why? Just tell us.
asl
Posts: 6822
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
Chris FGR wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 17:15 I think the definitive answer as to whether the new stadium will ever happen is to ring up Ecotricity during office hours and ask one of their receptionists.
Hee! An OTC reference.
Ralph
Posts: 4848
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 01:56
Vince will get them relegated when the marketing tool has run dry and they are relegated. He'll sell the land for the real money which will be housing. FGR will then need to be run by the fans and start in a much lower div in a new home like Ciren
ctfc-fan
Posts: 1988
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 12:00
Ralph wrote:Vince will get them relegated when the marketing tool has run dry and they are relegated. He'll sell the land for the real money which will be housing. FGR will then need to be run by the fans and start in a much lower div in a new home like Ciren
He has planning for the stadium and other business use and not sure it’ll be housing but you never know. The bloke is an absolute tool.

Check out his multiple businesses and they’re not in very good shape some of them.
User avatar
Ihearye
Posts: 3670
Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 08:08
If I recall, the lady who was given the managers role was said to be the obvious choice due to the coaching badges she had. I would think her coaching badges are still there and much better than those of the new manager. DV is a clown
Ralph
Posts: 4848
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 01:56
Deeney got sent off today too. They should have stuck with that lady.

According to their forum, their CEO is on holiday in NZ right now lol
asl
Posts: 6822
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
I know it's easy to answer "Dale Vince", but I'd love to know what's gone wrong there... Achieved promotion to L1 and then it simply looked like everything stopped and the club as an entirety simply went into reverse - much like Rushden who dropped from the edge of the play-offs to relegation from L1 and then relegation again to the Conference. The catalyst there was obviously Max pulling his support - but has that happened to FGR, here?
ctfc-fan
Posts: 1988
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 12:00
asl wrote:I know it's easy to answer "Dale Vince", but I'd love to know what's gone wrong there... Achieved promotion to L1 and then it simply looked like everything stopped and the club as an entirety simply went into reverse - much like Rushden who dropped from the edge of the play-offs to relegation from L1 and then relegation again to the Conference. The catalyst there was obviously Max pulling his support - but has that happened to FGR, here?
Max didn’t pull his support as such, he mismanaged his businesses and went bust. He took a risk which bit him on the arse.
asl
Posts: 6822
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
Well, yes, there was a combination of factors (including, I think, an illness?) that led to his business problems - but the net result was him pulling his support. DV, I don't believe, has done that: high-profile managerial appointments don't come cheap, for a start.
asl
Posts: 6822
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
This is a good read about The Annies - not sure I've read it before. Interesting footnote about FGR and Salford!

https://footballpink.net/rushden-and-di ... ax-griggs/
ctfc-fan
Posts: 1988
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 12:00
asl wrote:Well, yes, there was a combination of factors (including, I think, an illness?) that led to his business problems - but the net result was him pulling his support. DV, I don't believe, has done that: high-profile managerial appointments don't come cheap, for a start.
Basically he took the gamble of continuing to manufacture shoes and boots in this country whilst other local manufacturers were starting to import from China. He even took over another large local manufacturing plant and the staff and it didn’t work out and he lost everything whilst those around him who realised the import of goods from China was the better option succeeded.

Someone I know sold him their manufacturing and knows him.
User avatar
Shade
Posts: 17125
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 13:02
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Ralph wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 02:00 Deeney got sent off today too. They should have stuck with that lady.

According to their forum, their CEO is on holiday in NZ right now lol
I did find it a little odd that eco-friendly, fourth tier FGR hired a New Zealander (with no UK football experience that I'm aware of) as CEO, who would be flying home a couple of times a year, as his family, wisely, haven't uprooted themselves to come over here just yet...
ctfc-fan
Posts: 1988
Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 12:00
Shade wrote:
Ralph wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 02:00 Deeney got sent off today too. They should have stuck with that lady.

According to their forum, their CEO is on holiday in NZ right now lol
I did find it a little odd that eco-friendly, fourth tier FGR hired a New Zealander (with no UK football experience that I'm aware of) as CEO, who would be flying home a couple of times a year, as his family, wisely, haven't uprooted themselves to come over here just yet...
That’ll be why Stale has invested in starting up an eco airline! See how well that goes……!
Ralph
Posts: 4848
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 01:56
FGR just lost Callum Morton who is heading back to Salford. Sounded like he was a decent player for them.. Not any more lol
Post Reply