She didn’t last long….

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
If they lost Stevens the goals would dry up.
longmover
ctfc-fan wrote: 09 Jan 2024, 07:24 If they lost Stevens the goals would dry up.
Keena.
asl
Seventh red card of the season! :)
ctfc-fan
asl wrote:Seventh red card of the season! :)
For a debutant too! Gets better and better, the gift that keeps on giving
Warwickshire Robin
Deeney apparently kicking off big style after their game today, throwing players under the bus by name left, right and centre!

Got to love the circus on the hill!
Ralph
His after-match video is golden. No idea if he is trying to get a tune out of those idiots or if he wants to get the sack
Malabus
Troy Deeney's post match reaction (13/01/24).

Quite staggering.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h4w ... are-mobile
Ralph
Thanks for the link Mal. I'd seen the shortened version. It's insane what TD's having to deal with. Players not playing because they can't turn up for work on time.

TD: "Reece Brown is 28 years old and my senior midfielder and can’t turn up to work on time. That’s a simple one but Reece is my senior leader of pros and that’s what he does. What example does that set? It’s a continuation of nonsense. It won’t be tolerated."

Players not doing their jobs for multiple weeks that won't be playing Tuesday.

TD on Dabo: “He’s not been good enough for five, six, seven, eight, nine weeks now. Why do you think he was dropped at the start? I’ve told him in front of everyone that six months ago he had a kick to go to the Premier League, now he wouldn’t get a game in the National League.”

I understand why he's calling them out but realistically those players are not playing for him. It's golden. :lol: Now he says he might use the kids on Tuesday away to Mansfield. They are done
ctfc-fan
After listening to that, I’d take TD as AM! no holds barred like he couldn’t care less if he’s sacked and don’t blame him. The only person to blame in all of this is Stale Mince.
Ihearye
I wonder does he get many invitations to be a motivational speaker? I doubt it. Seems it's everybody's fault except his, there must be something that makes the players think they can turn up late.
I wouldn't let this guy near CTFC, he is only too ready to throw half the team under the bus. If they have been poor for weeks / months, why didn't he put the kids in a long time ago?
A clown at a circus
Shade
Just saw this quote(haven't watched the video): “The amount of nonsense you have to deal with at this place, from players, is embarrassing”

“too many babies from top to bottom”

“First half boring, I’d rather watch frigging Antiques Roadshow”
ctfc-fan
Ihearye wrote:I wonder does he get many invitations to be a motivational speaker? I doubt it. Seems it's everybody's fault except his, there must be something that makes the players think they can turn up late.
I wouldn't let this guy near CTFC, he is only too ready to throw half the team under the bus. If they have been poor for weeks / months, why didn't he put the kids in a long time ago?
A clown at a circus
Really? The players have probably been getting away with this for so long and he appears to be the one to speak up and speak out. Sounds very frustrated.

Do you not think their team needs throwing under the bus then? Potentially two subsequent relegations to put them back in non league.
asl
I listened to the short version, yesterday and he said something along the lines of there being "too many people blaming everyone else" - and then he proceeded to blame everyone else!
Ihearye
ctfc-fan wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 11:36
Ihearye wrote:I wonder does he get many invitations to be a motivational speaker? I doubt it. Seems it's everybody's fault except his, there must be something that makes the players think they can turn up late.
A clown at a circus
Really? The players have probably been getting away with this for so long and he appears to be the one to speak up and speak out. Sounds very frustrated.

Do you not think their team needs throwing under the bus then? Potentially two subsequent relegations to put them back in non league.
Yes really, I can only imagine the chaos he would have caused among the team if he had come in at the time when they were fragile and low on confidence, then displayed that style of man management. It's nothing new, he started the blame game as soon as he came in. He is the manager, so manage
ctfc-fan
Ihearye wrote:
A clown at a circus

Yes really, I can only imagine the chaos he would have caused among the team if he had come in at the time when they were fragile and low on confidence, then displayed that style of man management. It's nothing new, he started the blame game as soon as he came in. He is the manager, so manage
But how can he manage them if they’re not even turning up for training or matches?
Ihearye
ctfc-fan wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 15:41
Ihearye wrote:

But how can he manage them if they’re not even turning up for training or matches?
Unless I misheard one person was late. Once again, it comes down to bring a manager.
Shade
It's not like he just came in. He's been there most of the season as assistant manager so he already knew what it was like when he took over as manager. Read into that what you will.

5 League wins in over a year...I think the time for being nice has probably passed. Something radical needs to change there if they're to stay up. I don't think Deeney's way will work, but it's fun to watch.
Shade
Ihearye wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 16:50
ctfc-fan wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 15:41
Ihearye wrote: Yes really, I can only imagine the chaos he would have caused among the team if he had come in at the time when they were fragile and low on confidence, then displayed that style of man management. It's nothing new, he started the blame game as soon as he came in. He is the manager, so manage
Unless I misheard one person was late. Once again, it comes down to bring a manager.
I'm fairly certain I heard him before Christmas moaning about players being late to work as well.
Ihearye
So what he is saying is he can't manage the people he knew he was employed to manage??
asl
FGR forum admin are clamping down on fans who do not toe the party line:

"These are not easy times for the club. All of us hope for better results and for a great future for FGR.

May I ask you all to be measured and circumspect in your posts on here.

The Referee Team will review posts and threads and take action if deemed necessary. 'Deleted' threads and posts are held in a SinBin for review by the Referee Team and can be reinstated if felt appropriate.

Thank you."
longmover
looks like fgr are allowing the daily telegraph into their changing room at half time :lol: :lol:

its quite the show in nailsworth at the moment.
longmover
asl wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 12:45 FGR forum admin are clamping down on fans who do not toe the party line:

"These are not easy times for the club. All of us hope for better results and for a great future for FGR.

May I ask you all to be measured and circumspect in your posts on here.

The Referee Team will review posts and threads and take action if deemed necessary. 'Deleted' threads and posts are held in a SinBin for review by the Referee Team and can be reinstated if felt appropriate.

Thank you."
get in the sea you complete farce of a football club.
Shade
longmover wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 12:52 looks like fgr are allowing the daily telegraph into their changing room at half time :lol: :lol:

I had a quick look at the Telegraph article at lunchtime. Reporter spent two days, Friday and Saturday, with the Deeney. The first part is about Brown turning up late to training on Friday and Deeney telling him to get out of the building and take the weekend to think about what he wants to do. As if his media rant on Saturday night wasn't enough, it's now all out there, and more, as seen first hand by a telegraph reporter :lol: what an absolute joke of a club they are.
longmover
Shade wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 15:14
longmover wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 12:52 looks like fgr are allowing the daily telegraph into their changing room at half time :lol: :lol:

I had a quick look at the Telegraph article at lunchtime. Reporter spent two days, Friday and Saturday, with the Deeney. The first part is about Brown turning up late to training on Friday and Deeney telling him to get out of the building and take the weekend to think about what he wants to do. As if his media rant on Saturday night wasn't enough, it's now all out there, and more, as seen first hand by a telegraph reporter :lol: what an absolute joke of a club they are.
How is this enhancing Deeney's management credentials? More concerned with his social media profile than football management I think.
Chris FGR
We haven't been the easiest club to support for a while now, but it's starting to get a bit ridiculous.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Can’t wait to see how many leadership and people management training courses in the future use TD’s interview as a case of study of what never to do.
Ralph
Heres hoping that the Stags put them to the sword tonight. The sooner Vince and his marketing vehicle head back to the National League the better. They are a laughing stock. No wonder the vast majority of football fans hate them.

2nd highest wage bill in L2 behind Wrexham so they say.

The way they treat away fans is abysmal
Trying to force vegan snacks on fans when all you want is a meat pie or sausage roll.
The 3 gold stars on the back of the shirts :lol:

Just an embarrassment to the football league and yep, all being well they drop back into the National League this season never to come back. Vince will then probably sell the ground for housing to get his money back and they will have to start again as a Phoenix club.
asl
Even the BBC's Monday Night Club has been discussing TD's outburst - and roundly agreeing that he ain't gonna last long as a manager:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67993542
longmover
asl wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:08 Even the BBC's Monday Night Club has been discussing TD's outburst - and roundly agreeing that he ain't gonna last long as a manager:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67993542
this is exactly what he and Vince want, exposure. TD's outburst got 1m views on social media, this is what its all about. Now John Terry and Jermaine Defoe are being lined up to take some coaching sessions with fgr then record a podcast (no doubt).

fgr being used, end of.
Ralph
It's all about the social media clicks but most of their fans don't see it. The fans who know that they are being taken for a ride by Vince and have said so on their forum are the reason the "referee mod" on there posted that they need to be careful what they post. Don't want any questioning of DV on that official forum
Shade
Think they need a Reading style protest. Is there enough of them to fill the centre circle?

I genuinely feel sorry for the proper fans that were going before Vince turned them into the laughing stock of the football league.
Ralph
Forest Green manager Troy Deeney has been handed a four-match touchline ban and fined £1,500 for verbally abusing an official.

The 35-year-old was sent to the stands by referee Scott Simpson in the 85th minute of his side’s Sky Bet League Two match against Swindon on December 29, and he continued to remonstrate with Simpson after his dismissal.
He was charged with improper conduct by the Football Association on January 4 and an independent commission has now sanctioned him.

Ouch! :lol:
Ihearye
According to The Sun site, he has been sacked !!
Malabus
Can confirm Troy Deeney has been dismissed from his coaching role at FGR. Players refused to play for him.
Jerry St Clair
Malabus wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 20:42 Can confirm Troy Deeney has been dismissed from his coaching role at FGR. Players refused to play for him.
Staggering. They are in full-on implosion mode. Relegation nailed on and getting out of the National League will be incredibly difficult with the money now swilling around it.