VPN

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Looking for some advice: there's a particular TV show that I'm fairly besotted with that has spawned a number of spin-offs but they are generally only available on AMC+ in the states and have frustratingly not been released in the UK.

What are my options ? Even using a VPN to pretend I'm in the US, how do I sign up for AMC+ when my billing address will be unmistakably inthe UK?

Any thoughts ?
Shade
I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue. Must be plenty of people in the US, ex pats or people there for 6 months or a year, who buy sub's with via their UK accounts?

But, this may be of help? https://thevpn.guru/subscribe-us-stream ... edit-card/
asl
Thanks, Shade - that article describes exactly the issues I was foreseeing and does offer a clever - albeit, complex - solution.

I need to decide whether it's value for money or whether I just hold out hope that they get released in the UK. I already pay for Sky, Netflix and Prime plus I've sponged a Disney+ account off my niece. Bit reluctant to spend much more (though I'll be doing a month of Lionsgate again once all of the new series of Outlander is available!)
Shade
If you have Prime, I know it used to work on Netflix, but can you log into Prime using a VPN set to the US and subscribe to AMC that way? I guess as they have Amazon.com for the US and Amazon.co.uk for here that it probably won't work the same.

(edit: just tried that and you can get AMC+ on there on a free trial, but then it asks for a US billing address and payment method :cry: however, Prime Video's seem to be accessible if you don't need to subscribe further, but I suspect it's all the same stuff we get here anyway)

Too many subscription services. I wonder which will be the first to close due to people not being able/wanting to afford them all. I guess it's better than Sky having a monopoly, I suppose.