Jordan Henderson

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
:lol: :lol:

where do you go with this plank?
asl
Can anyone blame him?? I'm coming towards the end of my career and if a Saudi company want to pay me a few million tax-free pounds to see me through my last couple of years.....
longmover
he wears the rainbow flag on his shirt and spouts the need for equality, then goes and plays football in Saudi Arabia, quite unbelievable. Another premier league gob5hite.

Also the lack of his peers calling him out on his hypocrisy is also very depressing.
longmover
asl wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 21:22 Can anyone blame him?? I'm coming towards the end of my career and if a Saudi company want to pay me a few million tax-free pounds to see me through my last couple of years.....
I can imagine his need for just a few more millions after having numerous years on a top five premier league contract.
Wellwisher
asl wrote: 27 Jul 2023, 21:22 Can anyone blame him?? I'm coming towards the end of my career and if a Saudi company want to pay me a few million tax-free pounds to see me through my last couple of years.....
He's going there for one reason and one reason alone (and no, I don't mean the lifestyle in downtown Riyadh).

Which might normally be ok, were he some journeyman footballer who needed a one-off payday to clear his mortgage or set him up with a pension etc. But JH is already a multi-millionaire, so doesn't need it.

Worse still, it is perhaps ok for someone to work in Saudi - as a country we have normal relations with them, sell them arms, buy their oil etc. But since he's signed for a state-owned company/team, he's actually working for Saudi i.e. the same crowd who are trying to buy the game purely for their own nefarious ends, the self-same game which made JH a millionaire in the first place!

And that's before you consider their atrocious human rights record over issues like gay rights, about which JH has been moralising and preaching to the rest of us.

Sanctimonious hypocrite.
longmover
Wellwisher wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 11:54
He's going there for one reason and one reason alone (and no, I don't mean the lifestyle in downtown Riyadh).

Which might normally be ok, were he some journeyman footballer who needed a one-off payday to clear his mortgage or set him up with a pension etc. But JH is already a multi-millionaire, so doesn't need it.

Worse still, it is perhaps ok for someone to work in Saudi - as a country we have normal relations with them, sell them arms, buy their oil etc. But since he's signed for a state-owned company/team, he's actually working for Saudi i.e. the same crowd who are trying to buy the game purely for their own nefarious ends, the self-same game which made JH a millionaire in the first place!

And that's before you consider their atrocious human rights record over issues like gay rights, about which JH has been moralising and preaching to the rest of us.

Sanctimonious hypocrite.
I don't know if he's (henderson) really thick and doesn't have a clue what he's on about, he's being poorly advised or he's just a greedy fu*ker.
Wellwisher
longmover wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 12:06 I don't know if he's (henderson) really thick and doesn't have a clue what he's on about, he's being poorly advised or he's just a greedy fu*ker.
Certainly the last of those.

Or some combination from amongst them?

All four even?
PittvillePundit
He's aligned himself publicly with the LGBTQ community. Outsiders were entitled to believe he did that because of an actual belief in equality and an abhorrence of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation.

His taking of the proverbial dollar to play in a country that has such a repressive regime in relation to such matters reeks of hypocrisy.

It stinks and he deserves all the opprobrium he gets.
Ihearye
PittvillePundit wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 10:18 He's aligned himself publicly with the LGBTQ community. Outsiders were entitled to believe he did that because of an actual belief in equality and an abhorrence of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation.

His taking of the proverbial dollar to play in a country that has such a repressive regime in relation to such matters reeks of hypocrisy.

The discrimination ship sailed quite few years ago so no need to be aligning to that , it is illegal, end of. If he is aligning himself to folk identifying as whatever suits them that day. Good luck to him, he is an ejit
longmover
Ihearye wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 18:11
PittvillePundit wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 10:18 He's aligned himself publicly with the LGBTQ community. Outsiders were entitled to believe he did that because of an actual belief in equality and an abhorrence of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation.

The discrimination ship sailed quite few years ago so no need to be aligning to that , it is illegal, end of. If he is aligning himself to folk identifying as whatever suits them that day. Good luck to him, he is an ejit
cracking comment :lol: :shock: